Sign in to follow this  
gesundheitk

Motion Sickness in Vehicles

The idea of motion sickness in vehicles allows Rocket to add to the concept of 'your body is the antagonist', allowing the player to be aware of how they, or even their friends, are driving. An example would be if you have a beginner pilot in your new helicopter and finally gets the opportunity to fly. Eventually, he swerves around so much to the point where you will get sick to your stomach, causing your character to begin to vomit. This will lead to depleting levels of water, and food in your stomach because of it. I actually had thought of this idea from when I was playing Take on Helicopters and was playing like a maniac. So what do you guys think of this idea? I personally think it would be a great addition to the game and adds on that immersive suspense, making you and your friends be cautious on how they're acting at high speeds. If you have any improvements, say so!

:) /

• Like 2

This sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure that the devs will even attempt it as it will probably not be a very popular idea to the current players of DayZ.

i think its a good idea. And who ever doesnt believe in motion sicknes when in a car, well, you should try and get in as a passanger when my friend drives!!! OMG, thats the only time i use third person. just to prevent getting motion sick!!!

I don't think everyone gets motion sickness.. Seems a bit far-fetched.

• Like 1

Yeah, not a lot of people do get motion sickness. I think it would be pretty interesting though if somewhere in the code, random players would have a motion sickness trait? Ha! Other than that, it's still a trial thought, anyway.

i use third person when running to not get motion sickness, and no its not whinning, i can get dizzy really quick, for reals this is no troll OP!

Try playing 1st person for a couple of hours...you get enough motion sick doing only that :D

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 2

Seriously? I already get motion sickness from this game and I've never had motion sickness from anything outside of gaming and only two games. When I play on my 22" screen it's not as much of a problem but when I play on my 50" sitting at a normal distance It's horrible. That's with head bob off and don't even get me started on the vehicle first person, it's horrible.

I never realized people get motion sickness from this game as much as some people are saying they do. The only game I ever got motion sickness from was Red Dead Redemption, and that was because of how I was staring at the screen. Still think it's a good idea though.

1st person isn't that bad. IRL your neck would absorb the shock so your vision would be more satable, it's like attaching a camera to a bike without suspension and driving down a bad road = shaky camera. If you compare CoD/BF3 with ArmA these are two extreme opposites in 1st person view. But nothing will immerse you more into a game than beeing able to move your head freely from your body. If they only had a way to neutralize the camera bouncing in ArmA 2, headbob doesn't really feel realistic so i either deactivate it or set it on lowest depending on the game i play because IRL even if you head is shaking your eyes compensate for it.

Also i have found out that depeding on the engine i either get motion sick or not. f.e. if i play on a super fast engine with smooth fps and then suddenly play ArmA 2 which is a huge difference to me even if it shows the same fps, i need a couple of minutes to get used to it.

I'm sorry but this just isn't a good idea. o.o

Now realizing I made this topic when I first begun, I still think it would be a great addition to add to DayZ, although as you can tell, some people get the high-seas sickness from it already.

Let's see what the newer community thinks (if it has changed much).