ciphra

Hero skins.. Bandit skins..

Ghaallooo,,

So, I see all these people talking about bandit and hero skins, and their humanity.. Are those new, or very old, or outdated or what.. Because my debug monitor also just disappeared.. Which I find very frustrating, not knowing how much blood I have.. And I really liked knowing my humanity..

Shortly;

- What are bandit/hero skins?

- Where's my debug monitor?

- How can I check my blood amount without DM?

Thanks ^^

I cannot answer the "WHY's" to these questions but I CAN help you locate your debug. Press esc. go to options game options and under UI it will be set to default click the right arrow once and you will see "debug" click ok...your debug will pop up but your food and drink will go straight green not allowing you to see when you are hungry/thirsty. regarding bandit and hero skins I am not sure how the mechanics work regarding humanity, I just know that being a good counter sniper makes one a bandit so I am a proud bandit! I give morphine and blood transfusions to my squad, I am a good guy basically but If I don't know you and you are armed....well....bandit skin says it all.

so its a glitch? You have to choose between seeing your blood, and seeing your hunger/thirst? Or is it supposed to be that way?

so its a glitch? You have to choose between seeing your blood, and seeing your hunger/thirst? Or is it supposed to be that way?

I doubt it. You can though after setting it to debug go back to the game options, choose default, dont click OK (your icons will change to the right colors for your status) and then go back to debug. They still won't tick away but you will have a better indicator of how long you should wait before eating/drinking

Edited by Lobo

I'm probably beating a dead horse with all these other comments around that I can't be bothered to read... but:

The bandit skin was put into use during very early development of the mod. However, the idea was scraped for awhile and was taken out of the game completely for some time.

The bandit skin game back into the game (Now it looks like a Terrorist rag, as apposed to the bad-ass full body change it was originally) a few updates ago, along with it's counterpart: the hero skin. (Looks much cooler, IMO) Humanity is gauged by how you act as during play time.

Here is how humanity works:

While playing, you will slowly gain a trickle of humanity.

Killing players will cause you get a huge loss of humanity.

Killing Bandits will cause you to gain humanity.

Applying medical supplies to other players will cause you to gain humanity. (blood bags, bandages, morphine, exc.)

People with humanity of 5k will have the hero skin.

I am unsure of the exact humanity count it takes for the bandit skin, but it's somewhere in the negatives I believe.

[...]Killing Bandits will cause you to gain humanity. [...] I am unsure of the exact humanity count it takes for the bandit skin, but it's somewhere in the negatives I believe.

How come I always end up reading this nonsense? Because I'm way too lazy to write it down, I'll just quote the wiki ...

Neither bandits nor zombies yield humanity points when killed.

As for the bandit skin, you get it once you reach 0 humanity or below.

If you want to read more about humanity, go there.

Kind regards,

MikaelM

Edited by MikaelM