Snort (DayZ)

Destroying Friendships

I come to you all with a question and a little story.

Two weeks ago I suggested to my friend that we play Day Z, the ultimate running and eating beans simulator. My friend was intrigued and over the course of the next day we did our research to make sure it wasn't over-hyped bullcrap like you'd expect from most modern day games.

We loved the concept and decided to buy ARMA 2.

We got into Day Z and started out trying to find each other, having found each other after a day and getting used to the coast and local areas we decided to go to Cherno. Along the way we crouched and saw a fellow survivor.

"Hang on, over there, guy with long rifle on his back walking towards that town"

We got down and watched him for a bit, he scavenged the local town, avoiding zombies left and right by crawling and taking what he could from what was left of this area. I go to direct chat and stand up.

"Hey bro, over he -"

I was cut off by the sound of a gunshot from my friend. The survivor fell, bleeding and moaning while zombies started noshing on him.

I got back down.

"Why the fuck would you do that?"

"Why not? He has shit that he got from the town, go loot him."

Begrudgingly I went over to the corpse after clearing the zombies and grabbed the few tins of beans that he had.

"Totally worth the ammunition" I said to my friend, who was convinced his shit was made of solid gold at this point.

"He would have shot us, don't even try to prove otherwise"

We moved on.

Feeling uncomfortable we had just killed some poor bastard that did nothing wrong. When I encounter survivors by myself I usually avoid them entirely or watch them for a long period of time to establish if they are truly bandits or just friendly survivors.

The next day my friend had convinced four others to get Day Z.

So there we were, my friends had scavenged towns and got the usual loot of Winchesters and Lees.

"Let's go to Cherno. Get some good shit in there."

We all agreed and decided to follow the tree-line heading to the outskirts of Cherno. At this point we had killed helpless survivors in towns, my friends cowering away in the distance while they forced me to go and get the loot off of their target practice. We had killed so many and helped nobody at all. As far as these people were concerned it was a slow-paced death match. I can live with bandits. But my friends had major trust issues. It really lead me to question what type of people they were. I had always hung around with them due to the fact that they had the same sick sense of humor as me. But was a sense of humor all that made a friendship? Looking into my past I realized these people were not even remotely friendly. I had been pushed around by them for years. They bullied children, stole things, threatened to murder me on several different occasions and just generally were assholes to everybody they came into contact with.

Going into Cherno, we found camo uniforms and ghillie suits along with blood packs and other things that people take with glee, while these people felt they were entitled to them.

I heard a gunshot, nobody in Cherno wouldn't of heard it. It was a Lee from one of my friends.

"Killed some fucking noob but I've got zombies on me."

"Just abort man, I do it. It makes it so the zombies lose agro."

I didn't know what he was talking about. The idea to leave a server when I made a mistake had never even crossed my mind until now.

"Alright." He said and left then reconnected.

As the group had learned from this, you can just disconnect whenever you please and erase any consequences from stupid actions you make. They used their new knowledge to put down poor survivors in the middle of towns with sniper rifles then abort when the zombies would flood to them, leaving me to deal with the consequences and generally being forced to abort aswell.

I didn't decide to play Day Z to fucking kill every survivor we came across and just leave without facing any consequences, this basically just made the game into a really bad death match game. I couldn't even comprehend why they'd play it at this point due to not wanting to deal with the zombies, surviving, scavenging, looting, or any of the other core parts of Day Z. They were literally there for the kills and that was all.

After a few days the aborting had gotten to extremes, they no longer even killed zombies or tried to stealth past them due to the aborting.

At this point in time I am enraged, I sit here typing this while they are currently at Balota and have been for the last 6 days. Bragging about their kill count while they live in the bushes using a sniper to spam at people that come anywhere close to the airfield. Whenever they run out of a mag, they leave it at one ammo so they can reconnect to get their entire mag back in the gun. After sniping an "enemy" they disconnect immediately to avoid an onslaught of zombies from the army tents nearby, then demand me to get them their "winnings" from the corpse.

And if a player manages to spot their ghillie suit while they're hiding in bushes? They abort.

The last few days I've managed to get a silenced gun and nightvision.

My question is this:

Should I put these sad, miserable, cheating fucks down and make sure they never get any decent loot what so ever and eventually just stop playing all together?

• Like 32

Tell them to do a night raid, "because it gets them all the ph4t l3wt"

Shoot them with your suppressed weapon through the NVGs

Laugh

Move on

• Like 1

Tell them to do a night raid' date=' "because it gets them all the ph4t l3wt"

Shoot them with your suppressed weapon through the NVGs

Laugh

Move on

[/quote']

They never leave Balota.

Will probably do this, but in Balota at night when they're sniping...then just stop communicating with them in general.

What server and what time you on?

I'd happily come and kill them.

• Like 1

Kill the sons of bitches, they don't deserve mercy.

I think you should grow a backbone and drop them like the dogs they are.

Or you could perhaps tell us the name of the server. :P

NO

THEYRE MINE

IM ON A QUEST SENT TO ME FROM DESTINY ITSELF

I'm also too lazy to give you the details and currently stuffing my face with popcorn' date=' but certainly a good offer.

[hr']

I think you should grow a backbone and drop them like the dogs they are.

Or you could perhaps tell the name of the server. :P

I enjoy living a life without a back bone, I'm actually a jelly baby IRL.

• Like 2

NO

THEYRE MINE

I'm also too lazy to give you the details and currently stuffing my face with popcorn' date=' but certainly a good offer.

[/quote']

I'll give you a free DMR or something.

Have a truck load of guns. Infact I have a spare GPS if you let me kill them :P

Terminate.

With extreme prejudice.

If they say anything, just tell them that they should trust no one.

I hear you man, in my experience, one of THE most interesting facts about DayZ - it shows true colors of people. I play with a group of folks i've known for a while, and some just recently met.

It is very interesting to see the character traits shining through the actions they take :)

• Like 1

Just tell us the name of the server they frequent. I think people will take care of the rest.

Of course, assuming you didn't made up any of this. We all have our imaginary friends, even me. :P

NO

THEYRE MINE

[/quote']

I'll give you a free DMR or something.

Have a truck load of guns. Infact I have a spare GPS if you let me kill them :P

Already have everything I need, including a GPS and a DMR.

Unless you can make the skies rain blood while I go on a rage induced rant about how they're nipple-less beings that deserve to be anally penetrated with a baseball bat covered in razor-wire, then I really don't think there's much you can provide.

• Like 1

You are the gamer that I hate the most! People who take any fucking game way to fucking seriously! Sounds like me that it would have been fun joining your group of friends. You sound like the only one who would be sucking the joy out of playing the game with your friends. Just have fun and stop treating this game as what you would do in real life. It's a fucking game, get over it and your self! Just have fun or don't play!

• Like 2

Yeah I would just shoot them. While I was reading this I was thinking man you reading to much into it...then it kept going...and going...and I wanted to shoot them.....

You are the gamer that I hate the most! People who take any fucking game way to fucking seriously! Sounds like me that it would have been fun joining your group of friends. You sound like the only one who would be sucking the joy out of playing the game with your friends. Just have fun and stop treating this game as what you would do in real life. It's a fucking game' date=' get over it and your self! Just have fun or don't play!

[/quote']

While I agree I might take the game seriously, I do think that playing with people that cheat on a regular basis and try to make other people's times as miserable as fucking possible is cause for complaint.

I have fun, I don't have fun however circle jerking with a bunch of assholes and wanna-be trolls.

Over-all, wanna meet up for dinner some time?

Yeah I would just shoot them. While I was reading this I was thinking man you reading to much into it...then it kept going...and going...and I wanted to shoot them.....

I may have put too much extraneous detail into the story which, at it's core, isn't even that complicated...but shit man, I'm fairly pissed at these failed abortions.

Snort if you decided to do what's right, make sure you do it right.

These sissies are always ready to disconnect, so when you decide put these sick dogs out of their missery, make sure you hit each target fast, hard and several times. If you use the DMR get the zeroing right and score atleast two headshots on each sick puppy, if you're getting close up and personal with something less powerful or automatic, go full-auto and 1 full magazine on each target.

You are carrier of the light, do it for humanity.

• Like 2

Who cares you sound like a coward in real life. I stopped caring about your game issues as soon as you seemed ok with being friends with the sorts you described. Either put them down like rabid dogs or stfu.

Snort if you decided to do what's right' date=' make sure you do it right.

These sissies are always ready to disconnect, so when you decide put these sick dogs out of their missery, make sure you hit each target fast, hard and several times. If you use the DMR get the zeroing right and score atleast two headshots on each sick puppy, if you're getting close up and personal with something less powerful or automatic, go full-auto and 1 full magazine on each target.

You are carrier of the light, do it for humanity.

[/quote']

YOUR WORDS ARE INSPIRING AND WILL BE INSPIRING TO MANY IN THE FUTURE

I've already got my plan.

Two of them sit in their lovely hiding spot. Two shots with a revolver to them both.

The two on the other side of the field are usually watching over the actual strip, I can sneak behind the hangers and the control tower then put those fellows down with a well placed shot between the eyes with my DMR.

It shall be done.

Who cares you sound like a coward in real life. I stopped caring about your game issues as soon as you seemed ok with being friends with the sorts you described. Either put them down like rabid dogs or stfu.

I have moved away from the city just because of them and live a country life and just happen to keep in contact with them as I have no other friends IRL to play games with due to the fact I live on a god damn farm.

Unless sheep can play games, if I want to play something coop I have to contact them.

You're right though I am a coward and can certainly see why you'd say that.

When we have rebuilt Chernarus, we shall sing songs about you.

• Like 3

You are the gamer that I hate the most! People who take any fucking game way to fucking seriously! Sounds like me that it would have been fun joining your group of friends. You sound like the only one who would be sucking the joy out of playing the game with your friends. Just have fun and stop treating this game as what you would do in real life. It's a fucking game' date=' get over it and your self! Just have fun or don't play!

[/quote']

You, sir, are an idiot.

• Like 2