dANIELZN

Helicopter not spawning on freshly wiped server

Hi!

After a few weeks without helicopter on our server (and several other vehicles), we decided to do a complete serverwipe (Thanks to multigamer.no for the quick response and help on the matter).

Now, after having wiped the server clean, gotten our new instanceID etc, it seems that the helicopter still doesn't spawn. We've checked all the other vehicle spawns, and all the vehicles are at their spawns, but not the helicopter (none of the spawnpoints!).

Has anyone else experienced this?

And what the hell is it that makes vehicles disappear and never reappear again? We've been without several vehicles for 2-3 weeks now, including but not limited to the GAZ, UAZ and the Ural.

My worst fear is that it is some strange bug included in the 1.7.2.6-patch, but tbh I don't have the time nor skills to figure those things out.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

- dANIELZN

Hello,

I've read stories of people checking the logs and seeing the helis spawning under the water or in odd locations, if you can, look at the logs to see what's going on. I don't know how to do it myself, so that's all I can help you with!

Good luck with your server.

I'm not really sure if it is possible to see the location of the helicopter spawn in the logs?

Anyway, when I have checked the arma2oaserver.rpt-file or whatever is is called, I seem to recall that the helicopter isn't mentioned in the file whatsoever. It is like it's not supposed to spawn.

Last time helicopter was crashed over week ago and now it has weirdly disappeard. even logs won't tell where it is :(

Edited by KuumotusTatti

If this is for a public hive and the heli isn't showing up in the log file at all then sadly theres nothing you can do but wait untill it does. The mods will not spawn one for you.

Hello,

on a default dayz server there are spawning 11 vehicles.

And in the config of your server you can control the percent chance of the spawn

AND the maximum of how much from that vehicle can spawn.

So you maybe don't find a helicopter because the chance of that spawn is very little

and so other 11 vehicles will be spawned on #restart.

e.g.:

In mysql functions -> pMain:

DECLARE iSpawnNumVeh SMALLINT(3) DEFAULT 11;

Set the last digit (11) to maybe 24, then you got 24 vehicles on the map.

further more in mysql -> object_classes:

There you can see "chance" and "MaxNum".

Set UH1H_DZ to 0.90 and 4.

restart server, find heli ;)

Our chopper was gone for ~3 weeks (crashed in water) and out of a sudden respawned again. :huh:

Hello,

on a default dayz server there are spawning 11 vehicles.

And in the config of your server you can control the percent chance of the spawn

AND the maximum of how much from that vehicle can spawn.

So you maybe don't find a helicopter because the chance of that spawn is very little

and so other 11 vehicles will be spawned on #restart.

e.g.:

In mysql functions -> pMain:

DECLARE iSpawnNumVeh SMALLINT(3) DEFAULT 11;

Set the last digit (11) to maybe 24, then you got 24 vehicles on the map.

further more in mysql -> object_classes:

There you can see "chance" and "MaxNum".

Set UH1H_DZ to 0.90 and 4.

restart server, find heli ;)

That won't work for a public hive-server though.

That won't work for a public hive-server though.

So you can't edit the Mysql-Database on a puplic Server, or what ?

Sry for asking, but we started playing Dayz on different puplic server ...

It was a hack/cheat bloodbath. So we launched our own server.

And of course it's private (Hive). Why ... because if there is any wirefence on puplic,

people just log to another server, go around fences/wires and log in to old server.

That's not what we wanted. So we started a unique private Server.

We can config anything. We can detect hackers/cheaters much more faster.

Maybe then you just have to wait until a helicopter spawns.

Maybe if you restart the server, a lot of people are looking for them and

crash them after just 1-3 hour. So they are gone ?

On a private server we can see how much heli is there, what is their dmg + fuel

AND if they are REALLY there (or buggd/under the ground).

So we can control things as i meantioned above.

Edited by treiberthedriver

Hi!

After a few weeks without helicopter on our server (and several other vehicles), we decided to do a complete serverwipe (Thanks to multigamer.no for the quick response and help on the matter).

Now, after having wiped the server clean, gotten our new instanceID etc, it seems that the helicopter still doesn't spawn. We've checked all the other vehicle spawns, and all the vehicles are at their spawns, but not the helicopter (none of the spawnpoints!).

Has anyone else experienced this?

And what the hell is it that makes vehicles disappear and never reappear again? We've been without several vehicles for 2-3 weeks now, including but not limited to the GAZ, UAZ and the Ural.

My worst fear is that it is some strange bug included in the 1.7.2.6-patch, but tbh I don't have the time nor skills to figure those things out.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

- dANIELZN

we have same problem...

I've had a steadily increasing amount of vehicles destroyed on my server without any of them respawning for over a month (I've often checked the .RPT for the current vehicles). I had kind of given up hope already, but for some reason after the server was patched from 96585 to 97451 last week all the missing vehicles respawned. Additionally a large numbers of static objects like barbed wire and (presumably) unused tents despawned.

I'm still not sure if it's the ARMA patch kickstarting something or if someone tickled the Hive to throw some long overdue maintenance at my instance ID.

I'm not really sure if it is possible to see the location of the helicopter spawn in the logs?

Anyway, when I have checked the arma2oaserver.rpt-file or whatever is is called, I seem to recall that the helicopter isn't mentioned in the file whatsoever. It is like it's not supposed to spawn.

Any vehicles missing in the .RPT means they were never present or that they have been destroyed permanently (e.g. saved after being destroyed, otherwise they just respawn in their last location after a restart). Check the vehicle IDs and you will probably see gaps in the numbering scheme (apparently on my server there are 40 sequential IDs, but the UH1H came last).

Additionally, I think I picked up somewhere that you should have a minimum number of players on your server before the chopper even spawns. I think it took us two weeks to spawn vehicles and then another week before we hit 15-20+ players and the chopper appeared.

Edited by Frop

We still dont have our chopper back since the wipe we did 5 weeks ago (we saw it spawn after the wipe, visual confirm, then visual confirm on it despawning, since it was gone).

edit: many ppl hosting servers have this issue:

http://dayzmod.com/f...hopper-vilayer/

Edited by No one

One thing I will say is, if your on a fresh server try placing a tent sticking some gear in it save the bugger, then restart, your .rpt file should now be modified with the tent placement listed... Just below that a list of server vehicles should now be available...however you may have to wait for the heli or place additional tents etc

I had a fresh server 1 hr old no vehicles, placed a tent restarted and I had all but heli

Coincidence or ?

Try it nowt to loose

Additionally, I think I picked up somewhere that you should have a minimum number of players on your server before the chopper even spawns. I think it took us two weeks to spawn vehicles and then another week before we hit 15-20+ players and the chopper appeared.

The helicopter spawned when we first purchased the server back in august. Our server is fairly popular, averaging over 20 people during the day, and lately has also peaked 40.

Here is how you can tell if you are getting a helicopter spawn on the server and if it is spawning correctly or blowing up each time the server is restarted.

Check your .RPT file for this when it is started up. (helps to delete everything out of it while it's shut down so it's a clean slate and easy to locate this information)

If your mission file is set up correctly and the hive server is instructing your server to spawn a helicopter, you will see this:

8:35:46 "HIVE: Starting"

8:35:49 "HIVE: Request sent"

8:35:49 "HIVE: Commence Object Streaming..."

8:35:50 "OBJ: "1318455"UH1H_DZ"

You may also see this near the end of the startup:

8:35:54 UH1Wreck_DZ: MainTurret - unknown animation source MainTurret

8:35:54 UH1Wreck_DZ: MainGun - unknown animation source mainGun

8:35:54 UH1Wreck_DZ: Gatling - unknown animation source Gatling

This is okay. It is just the spawn of a helicopter crash site.

If you see this next set of lines in your .RPT log file, it means your helicopter is bugged and exploding on each server restart.

8:27:57 "HIVE: UPDATING OBJ: [1aec4100# 1055265: uh1h.p3d,"damage"] / UID: "scrubed""

8:27:57 "HIVE: UPDATING OBJ: [1aec4100# 1055265: uh1h.p3d,"damage"] / UID: "scrubed""

Currently, ALL of the vehicle spawns are bugged. They never reset after being crashed / destroyed. After a server restart, they will spawn at the point they were wrecked / destroyed.

Edited by Skydive

Currently, ALL of the vehicle spawns are bugged. They never reset after being crashed / destroyed. After a server restart, they will spawn at the point they were wrecked / destroyed.

Like I said before, they only seem to be permanently destroyed if the wrecks are saved afterwards.

Like I said before, they only seem to be permanently destroyed if the wrecks are saved afterwards.

In the case of the helicopter, they explode and leave no crash site behind. Nothing to save.

we have the same problem on our fresh server, we have tested it with the tents but no heli....

also we havent things like:

8:35:50 "OBJ: "1318455"UH1H_DZ"

or

in our logs...

As information our server have the newes arma 2, dayz and hive files.

If you're not seeing that first line when you do a server restart, it may be missing from your mission file. Only thing I can suggest for that is to open a ticket so your mission file can be checked.

In the case of the helicopter, they explode and leave no crash site behind. Nothing to save.

Maybe this sounds silly, but you could try parking a Ural under it and restart the server. You'd never know what would happen with ArmA2's peculiar vehicle physics. There might be a wreck left to save or maybe it just bounces off unscathed.

Having gone through the .RPT-file I can tell you that the helicopter doesn't even exist there.

What to do? Make a ticket?

Tbh, I think we'll just wait for the standalone.

Can someone else confirm this? We've been waiting for 2 weeks after we know it crashed, still no spawn, and we check the spawns nightly.