Sign in to follow this  
schaine

Really Low FPS on most servers (>5FPS)

Hello,

on most servers, i can hardly play the game due to lag. It's awful. I get maybe 2 FPS.

I can run most new games on max settings with my PC, and it doesnt matter if i set the settings to very high, or very low, FPS stay the same.

Now, its not my ping, since its always below 100.

what is this? I'm thinking of quitting because i cant play the game seriously. And whenever i see a player, he can kill me without any resistancesince i cant even aim at him with the low FPS.

Do you know any fixes to this issue? It clearly has to be something about the mod, since ARMA 2 runs smoothly singleplayerwise.

I wouldnt mind 15 FPS, or 20, but 2-4 is unbearable

thank you for all suggestions:

What i did already:

went into documents and changed some values to 1. Nothing happened.

m,y Specs:

Graphics: Mobility Radeon HD5850, 1GB

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 N930 2Ghz Quad Core

4GB RAM

anything else?

Its not High-End, but it should be enough to run at lowest Settings, and like I said, settings dont make a diffrence.

Thank you

Disable DayZ.

You will find a couple of Stress Tests in the SP missions that will give you an average FPS.

1. No, its not shared

2. What do you mean by stress test? I'll try to find them myself

UPDATE::

Did the Benchmarks:

On Default High Settings: 22 FPS

On All settings "High" except for Shadow (Low), Post-Processing (Low) and Antialiasing (Deactivated): 23 FPS

On All settings set perfectly according to This guide:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28160-guide-how-to-set-up-your-graphics-properly/:

19 FPS

So in the end, its seems like the graphics settings really don't matter. So it has to be something with dayZ.

Btw. i sometimes find a server that is perfect. On some (extremely rare!) servers, i can actually play the game. But most servers don't work.

#Thank you for your help though

Edited by Schaine

I found out:Ö In the first few minutes, its works fine, but then after 10 minutes its already lagging, and after 20 minutes, its unplayable... :D

Found the fix: Skype was using about 15% of my CPU, when i was talking with my Friend.

Now we are using Teamspeak to save CPU-space, and i dont have any lag at all anymore. Thank you

can be closed