Tyffer

no weapons ok what do i do?

ok guys you probably experienced when you had no weapon and you were chased by 10 zombies, what do you do? you wanna get rid of them but have no weapon and you just cant outrun em. then you should be able to like go inside a house wait for em to come in smack one with a chair, knock down a closet ontop of another one, smash the table into another one, slam the door in a zombie. you know that feeling you would have when you get attacked by a zombie in a house, you should use whatever theres around to get out of that sticky situation :)

this would give me more of that survival feeling being able to use the sorrundings.

what do you guys think?

• Like 1

The best thing to do is run through a building with two ways to enter and exit and loose them that way. Another way you can do it is by running through a forest or a treeline and loose the zombies that way. :)

I can't think of any game where you can interact with your environment to that extent, nevermind a MOD made using the engine from a military simulator... Think about what you're saying.

If you get zombies tailing you and have no weapons then use buildings to lose them. You don't even have to go inside, just run away then try and get out of sight (around a corner/fence/whatever) and switch to crouch running (X), so they can't hear you.

guys i know how to lose zombies but it doesnt really feel legit to lose emt that way, in reality they should not just lose you just cause you went around a corner or went through a building. and you said that this is a mod and that they are using the military simulator but think of it in the standalone they are making their own engine so that might add to implementing more things and better things, i just feel if you wanna make infected more dangerous and harder you need to make them harder to get away from, and this might be one way to get rid of them in :)

Ad primo - the in reality they should not just lose you just cause you went around a corner or went through a building dilemma

Let's try to look at it from a more realistic point of view: As of now the Infected are able to track their prey by seeing and or hearing it. As a matter of fact their eyesight is beyond bad - they seem to be able to realize movements - so getting out of their line of sight should get you rid of them. They should follow their target to their last known position but then they would have to find you again - making runs around/through the house or a forest a valid way to lose them. Their hearing is much more precise but unless you keep shooting like a maniac you should be able to move around quietly. If a hunter is not able to hear his prey he can not catch it, simple as that. You might want to add the ability to smell your prey but that would need to be limited to a certain radius and maybe amplified by bleeding. You should be careful, though, as this could easily break the game and you wouldn't be save anywhere.

Ad secundo - Adding objects to the usable weapons list

The developers are not going to create a new engine from scratch and there is a reason the standalone engine is called Arma 2.5. Some things will be implemented into the core but even that has its limits. Even if they would be able to make every static object in the game dynamic - is there any point in doing so? Would a chair really make a difference? Would you really wait for the Infected to get that close to you just so you slam the door into their faces? I do understand that it would be an ultima ratio but even so, would you in real life get into a house with only one entrance and try to get rid of your enemies by using a chair as a weapon instead of trying to escape? See? The players would not do it, rendering those options useless. And I really don't want to see two players catfighting with chairs ...

Ad tertio - making the Infected more dangerous

To get this straight: AI enemies will most of the time, if not always, be inferiour to other players. No matter how you look at it, the Infected will never be the highest threat in your life but in order to make them a threat you'd have to do much more than just making them harder to lose. They are locked to their spawn points in/near buildings, they will only spawn if there is a player nearby ... unless those problems will be issued there won't be threatening AI enemies. Just imagine a horde of zombies roaming through the forest you are hiding in, just a couple of feet away from you. Or a city that is an Undead fortress. Or a seemingly zombie empty village that might be overrun by both players and Undead. There are so many ways to get the encounter with the AI more interesting but as it is now those are all not an option. Just making them sturdier and thus harder to lose doesn't make them a threat, just a nuisance. We already had that.

Kind regards,

MikaelM

Memo to myself: Why didn't I just write the last few sentences?

Edited by MikaelM
  • Like 1

I can't think of any game where you can interact with your environment to that extent, nevermind a MOD made using the engine from a military simulator... Think about what you're saying.

If you get zombies tailing you and have no weapons then use buildings to lose them. You don't even have to go inside, just run away then try and get out of sight (around a corner/fence/whatever) and switch to crouch running (X), so they can't hear you.

ever heard of sleeping dogs?