Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyBanana

Chance to go unconscious when hit needs to be removed from this mod!

This mechanic is broken and it's really just a % chance of completely ruining your day. I can understand a small chance of being knocked unconscious when you have really low blood, such as 2-3k... but I just died from going unconscious when I had 8.5k blood after getting hit by one zombie. I died before I could regain consciousness again. This may not be a big deal to all the people camping Elektro and Cherno, but to someone who wants to go up north and explore, this is a serious problem.

This mechanic is just flat out stupid and it just ruins the fun sometimes. Trying to loot a town, you're going to get hit occasionally, especially when you're in small towns almost all of which have no big buildings you can run into to stop zombies from chasing you. Sometimes you get scratched and start bleeding, and before you can lose LOS with the zombie and stop him from chasing you so you can bandage, you've already lost 3-4k blood. At this point any other hit has the potential to knock you unconscious which essentially means you're dead.

After hours of playing, finding 3 crashed helicopters spawns, 2 cars, some good weapons and gear, I die and lose everything because while trying to pick up a tire to fix the car, I get knocked unconscious at 8.5k + blood from a zombie that hit me once.

This is just f**king stupid....

• Like 1

Well in all reality, if you were hit pretty hard by something in real life, you'd probably knock out, doesn't take much. Maybe the zombie just hit you really hard that time and you knocked out. It's to keep a more reality feeling to it, but I understand where you are coming from, this has happened to me before. The chances should be turned down a bit to avoid fresh spawns or long livers to die instantly from one hit from a zombie.

Edited by jkerz
  • Like 1

Perfectly healthy people get knocked the fuck out every day.

Mechanics like this don't make this mod more fun. If you want to talk realism, people in real life can't sprint indefinitely, yet they can do so in DayZ for the sake of keeping a playable pace in the game. If you have a broken leg I can assure you that morphine will not help you very much, and even with the best medical care you likely won't be running again for at least a few months. The list goes on and on.

At the end of the day this is a video game, and you need to consider not just the realism but the fun as well. This sort of mechanic doesn't add any fun to anyone. It's a % chance of dying in a frustrating way. Think of playing super mario with no save system, and every once in a while when you hit the jump key it just doesn't work and you end up dying because of it and having the start the whole game all over again. But hey... millions of people trip over themselves everyday so I guess it's realistic right??..... NO... that's stupid... something like that shouldn't be in a game.

Edited by SpeedyBanana

8k is low blood. Bad play on your part that you allowed yourself to get hit instead of seeking out some meat to get your health back up...

And the mod isn't designed to be fun, it's supposed to be a brutal survival experience. Thread reeks of butthurt.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 2

Realism is all fine and well but Infected flesh eating people are not real either. Some things need to be embelished and I can vouch for people being knocked out over less dangerous things as weapon shots and being punched the fuck out.

It is a fact of life Trauma can affect different people in different ways.

With all the new injuries and effects I can only assume the non stop running will be affected by this.

I love how people talk about realism and survival simulation yet in this mod you can be shot 3-4 times by an AK74, still be able to run at full speed, go around a corner and bandage yourself in 5 seconds, and walk it off like it never happened.

I enjoy realistic games as well, this is why I play DayZ, but some forms of realism add depth to the game, and some forms of realism only add frustration and annoyance. The developers are smart enough to understand that, hence why you can run forever and why fixing a broken leg only takes a dose of morphine (where realistically with no professional medical attention you would likely never be able to effectively run, or even walk, again).

Bleeding, getting an infection, getting sick, stuff like that is fine. There are ways to deal with it. It creates tension as you need to start looking for the right items to save your life. It creates some excitement. Getting knocked out and dying randomly is about as exciting as a game that randomly deletes your save files every once in a while.

Edited by SpeedyBanana

To me your first post sounds that you new to this game and dont know how to play it.

Dont worry, you will get through it! Hang in there bud!

*whispering*

Pst, whole new medical system is coming with standalone.

Edited by Zeppa

Someone got knocked out playing by themselves and lost all their stuff - why should this be removed? You can't just say cos it ruins your day.

and as everyone above said, you should probably be able to get knocked unconscience at full blood really. If this was implemented you would have to play in groups more and, you know, not kill everyone you met straight away.

Someone got knocked out playing by themselves and lost all their stuff - why should this be removed? You can't just say cos it ruins your day.

and as everyone above said, you should probably be able to get knocked unconscience at full blood really. If this was implemented you would have to play in groups more and, you know, not kill everyone you met straight away.

not everyone has friends who play dayz ya know and most people cant approach another player without getting their head sliced in 2. alot of players prefer the lone wolf experiance
  • Like 1

You allowed yourself to get hit, tough luck. Next time try to kill the zombies if you had such good gear.

not everyone has friends who play dayz ya know and most people cant approach another player without getting their head sliced in 2. alot of players prefer the lone wolf experiance

I play lone wolf 95% of the time and rarely have problems with zombies or bandits. I've taken out a group of 3, at the NW airfield, on my own before...

If you're dying often then you're making mistakes and paying the price. Don't blame the game or make excuses...

if you're missing 4 litres of blood

how are you already not knocked out.

i think if a zed hits you

you gonna get knocked out

no matter how good you doing

as you said its a % chance, take that out and zombies get to the point of not even worth having in the game, they are to be feared.

Knowing that they can basically kill you no matter how much blood you have means that you have to place smart, I have gone through cherno and electro before and not attracted a single zombie, How? I crawled the entire way. Its all about taking your time and not rushing it.

(although majority of the time i say fuck it and sprint just because i like to drag a chain of zombies past the sniper camp spot and piss of snipers.

I think it mechanic is really stupid. Has killed me a couple of times lately while playing on private hives. I really don't see how this adds anything to the game, execpt an unpredictable way to die. Without the debug monitor you can't even really tell when you're in the 'danger zone'.

To all those people talking about getting knocked out being realistic... uhm... lol

Seriously, I'm running at full speed a zombie running after me, gets in a hit randomly scratching my back and I fall unconcious. Totaly realistic this situation. You people really got to stop with the realism argument. If anything this game tries to be authentic and this mechanic is anything but that.

I'm sure this problem will be gone with the standalone though, so I really don't care if they change it in the mod anytime soon.

• Like 1

It's an interesting balance between realism and playability.

I for one am for getting a random knocked unconscious when you are below 9 or 10k blood and the chance getting higher as your blood drops, as I think it makes sense. Wouldn't take much more than a smack to the head to get you on the ground. However, if we go the realism route, we need to eliminate unlimited sprinting and implement a more advanced health system (take a look at the medical system of the Arma 2 ACE mod for example, it's a step in the right direction). But, we already have to run for 90% of our playing time because vehicles are so rare and the map is so big, but if we implement more vehicles.....essentially balance in DayZ would be a big convoluted piece of shit we would never figure out. That's why it isn't intended to be balanced.

Edited by Dutch Miller

Personally I like the mechanic, although I died some times because of it.

For me it adds some thrill to the game, you know it can happen so you're trying to avoid hits in any form.

Also i think this mechanic has the potential to make people go around in groups, because a group can defend a passed out a survivor or give him an epi-pen.

Would love to see it in the standalone again

I play lone wolf 95% of the time and rarely have problems with zombies or bandits. I've taken out a group of 3, at the NW airfield, on my own before...

If you're dying often then you're making mistakes and paying the price. Don't blame the game or make excuses...

you sound as if you are saying that i die alot i am forced to pvp for fear of getting shot every time a guy comes around the corner . its hard for most people to group up if they dont have a mic or skype

Personally I like the mechanic, although I died some times because of it.

For me it adds some thrill to the game, you know it can happen so you're trying to avoid hits in any form.

Also i think this mechanic has the potential to make people go around in groups, because a group can defend a passed out a survivor or give him an epi-pen.

Would love to see it in the standalone again

not everybody can go around in groups alot of people in my area play dayz but they dont have skype and there is like only 3 guys with a mic so its hard task people if friendly

you miss the point a little. perhaps if the zeds were more terrifying and dangerous, people may see the need to start helping each other. if you couldn't realistically get into cherno on your own (without a mate to epipen you when knocked out) then people stop shooting on sight and start buddying up with a stranger (who they then shoot when they part having looted).