Sign in to follow this  
OMGiTzPikaJew

Photos and Books (Standalone)

What if there were books or diaries that players could write their own stories and experiences in. Also they could take pictures with a in-game camera that gave you in-game pictures that could be placed in those books or anywhere else. Both books and pictures would be lootable when killed. This could add more of the "This is DayZ. This is your story."

Yes I know you can take screenshots from your computer or just write what you did on a forum but it would also be cool to do it in-game.

• Like 11

I hope they implement the diary thing it would be amazing to kill people and then read their diaries, or to write your own.

At least for standalone, but this too... like everything else have been up on other threads.

I read a while back about apple filing a patent for a system of making comic books out of games. So it can be done automatically by the game itself.

Add's so much to the game, I come across a body and it has a diary. Could also be done for areas where dead corpses are, giving us a bit information more around the Outbreak and the spread.

This would be a game winning solution, and It would be free unlike a certain other Game.

This has also been thought of before by others however you put it in such a manner it warrants beans.

Plus the ability to stick pages and pictures to walls and other things.

Yes. Although it basically adds more trophies for bandits to hoard and gloat about. Their signatures on the forum will say, "30 diaries acquired" or something to that effect.

Yes. Although it basically adds more trophies for bandits to hoard and gloat about. Their signatures on the forum will say, "30 diaries acquired" or something to that effect.

If you was a bandit you could take a picture of the person you killed. That would be pretty neat I think

• Like 1

If you was a bandit you could take a picture of the person you killed. That would be pretty neat I think

That would be awesome, and horrifying.

Walk into some barn and find a bunch of pictures of dead people on the wall. And a note that says "You're next".. Then you get shot.

It recently occurred to me how awesome it would be to have books and/or notes in the standalone, so I did a search in the forums and this post came up on page 1. I realize there are other threads on this, but I will just add my 2 cents here. I think it's a fantastic idea, I can only hope there will be books or notes in the SA!

Of course, you have to be careful not to clutter up the world too much, so I'm guessing there won't be any pictures on the walls. But otherwise the photo idea is totally amazing.

First you'd have to find the camera, film, and batteries (for digital cams) and then you could take snapshots of whatever you wanted. This simple idea opens up all kinds of possibilities: not just documenting deeds both good and bad, but also sharing loot locations and hideouts ("Go to grid xyz and look at this picture, the base entrance is near that tree"), targeted killings ("I've got a grudge against the player in this photo; take him out!"), recon & espionage, you name it.

Beans for reviving the discussion. Is there any official word on the idea from Rocket or the devs?

Plus the ability to stick pages and pictures to walls and other things.

I'm not so sure about that. While it sounds cool in principle, in practice it would cause mad clutter as everyone puts their pictures up everywhere. In order to keep things sane, pictures would need to be stacked just like other items, and the amount of film (or like, SD cards, lol) should probably be limited per server.

okay i just realized this is all in this thread -- it's under -AND A VERY SIMPLE SUGGESTION- when you scroll down a bit. However the idea about photos is not in there, perhaps that could be added.

I hope once standalone comes out people will use the search bar and realize that this has been suggested a million times.

No offense, because it is a good idea. At least you are not Apache25