rosslad

Can't type in side channel

Hey guys,

I have another question and would like to thank the people who answered my last question... still getting used to the game.

I play on mostly EU servers and have noticed I cannot talk in Side Channel on a large number of them, however, other players on the same server can. When I press . or , I go between Direct, Vehicle and Group channel

It's pretty irritating that I can't talk in side but others can. Is this a problem with me, the server or game and how can I fix it?

It's something to do with the new beta patch.

As far as i know i works like this.

New beta patch gives server option to disable side chat (However only works on players with the beta update)

But then the server doesn't always force the beta update to be applied to join.

So the people you see talking don't have the beta update.

That's my guess anyways

You have probably the beta build of ArmA2OA and plying on a server that doesnt require the beta build...

so everyone who has the beta can only use direct chat and others can use all channels.

Side/Global chat is disabled in 1.7.1.

Additional communication means occur in 1.8 going forward, but you have to find them.

No, but the effect is included in the new beta patches. Sorry, I realize my post is confusing.

The disabling is done in the mission file, already released. But it requires running the beta client to be effective. The beta client is required by 1.7.1. Ergo, nobody will be able to use side/global in 1.7.1

Oh I see

But what do you mean with additional communication means? A Radio?

No' date=' but the effect is included in the new beta patches. Sorry, I realize my post is confusing.

The disabling is done in the mission file, already released. But it requires running the beta client to be effective. The beta client is required by 1.7.1. Ergo, nobody will be able to use side/global in 1.7.1

[/quote']

I could understand someone not "getting" this if they don't follow the boards.... But it's been

Unlicensed knowledge for a while now. I struggle to think how to communicate this stuff to the wider player base... So many seem to know so little.