noobsmcgee@gmail.com

Get rid of Snipers completely?

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should snipers be removed

• Yes
    • No

If the AS50, M107 and rangefinder were removed, I'd be happy.

If you were removed, I'd be happy
  • Like 3

No, keep snipers, reduce ammo spawn.

I would agree that Thermal is to powerful and should be removed or be so rare it isn't a factor, and Sniping should be realistic.

Maybe adding a wait system to the inventory would help with the 50 cal.

Edited by thomas28

I would understand if the AS50 was removed but the idea of removing sniping all together is not a good idea in my opinion.

I'd be fine with this if they made all the other snipers 1s1k, because 1 shot knock out is pointless, the only way you will get shot and survive from not getting shot a 2nd time is if you alt f4 and if you do that, you should die in a fire.

Id say keep the AS50 make the ammo super rare (this way you can still take out vehicles and choppers with it.)

Id say keep the AS50 make the ammo super rare (this way you can still take out vehicles and choppers with it.)

Well, the standalone will get rid of the scripters. Which is 90% of the hackers anyway. The money flow should help them patch more so bye bye duping. And From what rockets said it looks like sniping may get difficult. But i still don't see people using the AS50 strictly for vehicles.

Get rid of the .50 cal rifles, get rid of the DMR, the only sniper rifles should all be bolt action slow reloading rifles, and as rare as a banker being jailed for his/her crimes, no wait, that never happens, ok make it as rare as finding a priest in the news charged with molesting children, no wait thats way too often, how about make it so finding a sniper rifle is about as rare as finding a public hair in your soup.

My hope for the stand alone is that the server owners have the ability to tweak what weapons can be found, if they do plan to add in many melee weapons, a melee only server would be fun to play on.

• Like 2

there should be no anti material rifles as there is no need for such a high powered rifle - there are no armoured vehicles but other military snipers should be a hell of a lot more rare such as the dmr. The cz should be the most predominant sniper rifle

No need?

How about taking out regular vehicles?

Get rid of the .50 cal rifles, get rid of the DMR, the only sniper rifles should all be bolt action slow reloading rifles, and as rare as a banker being jailed for his/her crimes, no wait, that never happens, ok make it as rare as finding a priest in the news charged with molesting children, no wait thats way too often, how about make it so finding a sniper rifle is about as rare as finding a public hair in your soup.

My hope for the stand alone is that the server owners have the ability to tweak what weapons can be found, if they do plan to add in many melee weapons, a melee only server would be fun to play on.

It would be AWFULL if server admin would be able to tweak spawn rates... kiddies will turn them full (even if there is a max limit) and this will affect EVERY public server if the hive concept is kept as it is.

Every setting that affect gameplay should not be accessable by admins or any other than devs, that way the server and gameplay stays equal..

• Like 1

Anti materiel rifles serve their purpose.

They're just currently being abused, mostly because of dupes and scripts, but partly because people don't seem to realise/care that there are other far more suitable rifles available.

Added to the fact that, somehow every single person on the face of Chernarus is automatically a hawkeye baddass marksman with skynet issue bionic shoulders.

This makes them far too common and too easy to work.

Why bother learning to use another rifle, when the AS50 can shoot the pubes off a spider at 1.5K?

• Like 1

I don't get why people complain I've only been sniped about 2 times and I've played since the beggining

Completely off topic here, but I've said my piece already and I just want you to know sir, you get my beans for an awesome signature.

I hate that fucking as50 it looks so stupid and overdone.. the weapon is huge and looks odd unless being held by say a BEAR ?

yOU must have had some real bad luck noobmcgee, i dont agree sniping should be over penalised but yeah duping SUX ..

but anyway half the snipers ive met cant hit shit at all and its damn comical

If you were removed, I'd be happy

Can't play without easy, duped weapons? :(

Poor baby...

The problem with snipers is a direct result of the large number of scripted AS50's (especially the TWS) that have made it into circulation in DayZ. If there weren't so many in the system, people would be less inclined to snipe in large cities for fear of losing their equipment. Many times I've shot a sniper who looks like he ran into Cherno/Elektro straight from a hacker camp he found somewhere so he could try out his new toys.

Sniping isn't the problem, the number of snipers is.

• Like 1

my gear on day 3

alice pack

as 50

pdw sd

food

ammo

yeah i agree its pretty easy to get stuff on here

No need?

How about taking out regular vehicles?

LOL you dont need an as50 or m107 to take out any of the regular vehicles an assault rifle, LMG, or any of the other sniper rifles will do the job easily.

Edited by GLRUBBERDUCK

my gear on day 3

alice pack

as 50

pdw sd

food

ammo

Anyone else see the problem with this?

• Like 1

LOL you dont need an as50 or m107 to take out any of the regular vehicles an assault rifle, LMG, or any of the other sniper rifles will do the job easily.

They would, but I woudnt bother to spray when I can pop it with few 1 or 2 bullets to disable.. efficiency.

Everything would change when there is no duping and ammo is more rare... ex: dmr mags... there are more of this than beans...

AS50 and M107 should be removed, at the most they should be replaced with the KSVK or removed completely but the other snipers such as M24 and DMR should be hard to find and weapons such as the CZ 550 should be easier to find

I'd definitely support having more civilian rifles like the CZ, or more civilian weapons in general, but removing them completely is stupid.

Sorry dude all i hear is a crying baby.

if you keep getting killed by snipers then start learning from your mistakes.

If you actually scout your path you can normally spot snipers a mile off and flank them or surprise them.

I'd seriously doubt you'd be able to spot me if I had a wookie suit and an SVD from a mile away, hell, I'd doubt you'd be able to spot me at all unless you were right on top of me and paying attention, I've had people bump into me while I was prone under a tree providing overwatch, and they didn't even realize I was there.

Civillian weapons should be the most common, but not by spawning them all over to make finding them easier, by making all high power guns the "Holy Grail" so to speak.

NOTHING should be easier to find, it's already WAY too easy to get yourself armed to the teeth, an hour from spawn at most.

AS50 and M107 shoud be made rare as fuck. If anything should be removed it should be the M107 , seeing as how the chopper crashes are supposed to be British, Accuracy International weapons are more likely.

12.7mm ammo (50 cal) should only be found 2 mags with a gun, no more than that is required. How often do you find yourself having to disable a truck/chopper?

There should be greater variety of battle rifles and marksman rifles, most "sniper" kills I've seen were at closer than 600m or by a lucky camper.

The art of mile long headshots is made to look trivially simple, actually making it a skill would really sort the men from the boys and earn a talented sniper the appropriate respect.

• Like 1

my gear on day 3

alice pack

as 50

pdw sd

food

ammo

Haxxor...you forgot to add TWS after AS50. If you are using hacked gear at least be honest till the end...

On another note, as long as Rocket doesn't introduce a disconnecting timer, the M107 and AS50 are the best antidote for the Alt+f4 wussies. I for one used to love the DMR but getting a headshot on a moving target from 600+ away isn't so easy as some of the posters here make it look like. with a DMR, as soon as the first shot strikes home I see them combat logging. AS50 being 1s1k kill prevents cowards from disconnecting.Remove the Alt+F4 possibility and you might have a basis for your request to remove sniper rifles from the game!

As far as I see it Mcgee..you are displaying the sore loser "I was sniped several times and I can't snipe for sh!tm so i want all snipers removed" attitude. Grow a pair and learn to adapt...

Edited by razyel_kain