Doom Guy

Join me in my quest to restore the natural balance of DayZ

So, I started thinking about how, I really hate when I'm killed, and respawn, ready to work my way back up, and I find a player or a tent and I get great gear fast. I mean I love it at first, then I remember that it sucks because I have nothing to do but find vehicles. One of the "Rare" weapons I find the most is the AS50. I'm not proposing a Hive Wipe because thats just stupid. I think that we should try and restore the rarity of these weapons. I mean, I've found trucks with 6 (!) AS50's in the trunk. So, if you find any one of these weapons that is SUPPOSED to be rare, but isn't, you should seriously consider destroying it. Thats right, DESTROY it. I mean, its fine to keep one around or something, but I think the community should join me in this massive undertaking to try and get a lot of the surplus high end weapons out of circulation, so they are something that is RARE. I mean, I've found 2 natural AS50's and maybe 30-40 ones off players. I find M107's at chopper crashes more often, but they aren't as good as AS50's so I don't mind. I mean, I have a story for you to show how bad its gotten, and why I made this thread.

So, I went up North and in the woods I found a camp of about 20 or so tents, and 5 V3S's filled with literally nothing but AS50's and the occasional TWS. With one tent, and one car dedicated to being totally filled with M107 rounds. Want to know how much I took? None. Want to know what I did with it? I fucking blew ALL of it up. Oh man, you could see the smoke for miles. Some of you may be thinking "THAT'S JUST BECAUSE ITS HACKED IN" but thats the point, so many of these have been hacked in they aren't rare anymore! I guarantee you, if most other people found this, they would have loaded up, and put this supposedly "Rare" weapon into circulation. So, try and destroy any excess rare weapons you have, as crazy as that sounds.

• Like 7

Until a lot of the hacking in items, tent duping, duping etc.. is fixed, these "rare" guns are going to be everywhere.

This man...

...I like this man.

It's true, rare gear has seemed to become far more common than a makarov itself. With all the hacking going on, I have never found a legit AS50 in a while, just TWSs. I've been also seeing an excess of L85s too, and it just makes me wonder, "Why store your 'precious gear' if it is most likely going to found by some random player?"

Then again, it is DayZ, and it is YOUR story.

Until a lot of the hacking in items, tent duping, duping etc.. is fixed, these "rare" guns are going to be everywhere.

Well, at least we can try to balance it out, I mean, if we just do NOTHING it will pile up and get worse. Seriously, why do you think so many people just snipe new spawns from a mile away? It's because this shit is so easy to find you can waste it getting a cheap thrill.

I don't think hacked in weapons are the problem. Duping puts many more weapons and gear in the game then anything else.

Balancing this act is like trying to drink water from a fire hose

See, that attitude doesn't help. Every little bit helps, and if everyone realized that just doing any small thing, anything at all adds up. If enough players got behind this, it would really help. I'm not saying we could FIX it, but you know, we could at least make a dent.

• Like 1

See, that attitude doesn't help. Every little bit helps, and if everyone realized that just doing any small thing, anything at all adds up. If enough players got behind this, it would really help. I'm not saying we could FIX it, but you know, we could at least make a dent.

I always bury the gear that I don't take with me. :P

I wont lie and say I don't take gear from these tents and vehicles that belong in dayz, but I try to destroy what I don't take if I can. I always destroy hacked in gear but if the tent looks legit I will take what I need and leave the rest. I found two tents up north with very basic gear and checked it a couple days later and it was an active camp but the gear sucked so I left them a DMR with ammo.

I agree with your goals, but really it's pointless. Duper factories will keep producing endless copies as long as DayZ is in its arma2 mod form, so your options are to wait for the standalone or join a private hive. I have not heard a single AS50 shot in two weeks of heavy play on one and hacked versions of guns are non existent. With admins looking over the logs on a regular basis, dupers are caught and banned.

I agree with your goals, but really it's pointless. Duper factories will keep producing endless copies as long as DayZ is in its arma2 mod form, so your options are to wait for the standalone or join a private hive. I have not heard a single AS50 shot in two weeks of heavy play on one and hacked versions of guns are non existent. With admins looking over the logs on a regular basis, dupers are caught and banned.

It's not pointless, because we aren't going out of our way, its just stuff you stumble upon, you destroy. Simple, and every little bit helps.

One problem with that is more then a few server admins dupe on they're servers. Ironically the ones I know will ban players for it but do it themselves..

you say no hive wipe then explain a problem that can only be "fixed" by a hive wipe

why not wipe it? I would bring the fucking game back, make shit worthwhile again, until then private hive is the way to go, less bullshit

I understand the wipe is only temporary, but seriously as you said the balance of the world has been lost :)

you say no hive wipe then explain a problem that can only be "fixed" by a hive wipe

why not wipe it? I would bring the fucking game back, make shit worthwhile again, until then private hive is the way to go, less bullshit

I understand the wipe is only temporary, but seriously as you said the balance of the world has been lost :)

I guess, but a hive wipe just seems unfair to me, I mean this is an OPTIONAL thing, where if players want to help make a difference, no matter how small, they can. I never said we can FIX this issue because we can't. We can help make it a little better though. I mean the gun is supposed to be RARE, so taking even one illegitimate AS50 out of circulation is helping, even if its just a little bit

I hear what your saying with getting rid of hacked weapons. makes sense. but there is a lot more people other there that just destroy tents regardless of what they have in them like a bunch of holier than thou "my way to play is the right way" assholes

I have been playing for a month, never saw a helicopter crash that had anything other than medical. then early this week I found 2 of them. not to far away from my tent. so I loaded up, 2 l85 about 7 stang clips and a m14 ccosd with about 4 clips, a m107 with 2 clips and gps. then after about two trips to the site I had it back in my tent and was using my m14 by far my favorite gun. logged off for the night had the day off today logged in and instant killed. but I alt f4 and log back into server, not killed but lost all my gear. no big deal. notice at the time there is only one other person online at the time name was GODA. think nothing of it.

now it takes the better part of the day to get back to my area, and most the time just GODA is of the server. when i get back to my tents they are all destroyed.

yeah yeah I know don't get attached to your gear, I know but assholes that just go around and detroy shit because it's rare, are the worst kind of haters.

if i see your tent, I will peak inside, if I see something I like I'm gonna take it, but I always leave something. (cause you can't carry it all can you?)

bottom line is, you don't know who got what legit. I know a lot of woods guys that never hack, dupe, or script a thing and you will never see them around the nwaf, or any of the cities, but they have most I the gear in the game, and they got It legit.

unless your a hundred percent sure, ( it is cheating )don't be a dick.

I hear what your saying with getting rid of hacked weapons. makes sense. but there is a lot more people other there that just destroy tents regardless of what they have in them like a bunch of holier than thou "my way to play is the right way" assholes

I have been playing for a month, never saw a helicopter crash that had anything other than medical. then early this week I found 2 of them. not to far away from my tent. so I loaded up, 2 l85 about 7 stang clips and a m14 ccosd with about 4 clips, a m107 with 2 clips and gps. then after about two trips to the site I had it back in my tent and was using my m14 by far my favorite gun. logged off for the night had the day off today logged in and instant killed. but I alt f4 and log back into server, not killed but lost all my gear. no big deal. notice at the time there is only one other person online at the time name was GODA. think nothing of it.

now it takes the better part of the day to get back to my area, and most the time just GODA is of the server. when i get back to my tents they are all destroyed.

yeah yeah I know don't get attached to your gear, I know but assholes that just go around and detroy shit because it's rare, are the worst kind of haters.

if i see your tent, I will peak inside, if I see something I like I'm gonna take it, but I always leave something. (cause you can't carry it all can you?)

bottom line is, you don't know who got what legit. I know a lot of woods guys that never hack, dupe, or script a thing and you will never see them around the nwaf, or any of the cities, but they have most I the gear in the game, and they got It legit.

unless your a hundred percent sure, ( it is cheating )don't be a dick.

I'm not saying you have to destroy ever single gun you come across, or hell the entire tents. Driving around in a vehicle and you find a tent with a few AS50's in it? Just shove them in your bag so they get destroyed. It's all based on judgement friend.

I never take AS50's anyway, I don't like the things. I very much prefer the DMR or M24 personally, so it's all I'll use for precision weapons.

Most of the time when I DO find an AS50, it's in the hands of a dead sniper, in a ghillie, with an M9 SD, and every other bit of gear in the game. It's like I find the same guy over and over again.

In every one of those instances I have hid the body, with the AS50 still in their hand.

I agree, I think 98% of guns in general should be a lot harder to find. I think the game would be more realistic if sniper rifles, high powered assault rifles etc. were an actual challenge to find. Of course you should still be able to find the odd revolver or makarov around the place. But it would be so much more rewarding when you eventually do get your hands on an L85 or an AS50 or something.

I found a truck on the side of the road the other day, only about a 5-minute run from Elektro. It was packed with AS50s, M429 SAWs, Bizons, Satchel Charges, NVGs etc.

But yeah, as long as hacking is prevalent in the game, military weapons will be easy to find.

Captain jack meet me by the rail road tracks made me a rifleman, now that i'm out i meet captain jack down by the railroad tracks for the whiskey

Recently, I've been following a similar code with regard to camps.

• All AS50s, M107s, and associated ammo go on the ground.
  • If there are any hacked items or duping is blatantly obvious, everything goes on the ground.
  • If vehicles are being hoarded they get driven to the coast and abandoned.
  • If I need something from your tent I'll exchange it for something I don't need.
  • If I have extra gear I may donate it.

Fortunately hacking and duping don't seem to be as common on most of the Hardcore servers I play on, so I don't have to destroy camps very often.

Doing my little part certainly won't fix the Hive but it might improve my little corner of it. If nothing else it gives me something to do.

• Like 1

Captain jack meet me by the rail road tracks made me a rifleman, now that i'm out i meet captain jack down by the railroad tracks for the whiskey

:)

In with the OP. I work under the assumption that everything that is either 1) on another player's corpse; 2) in a tent; or 3) given freely to me by a mysterious stranger, is hacked/duped in. I don't take any of these things. I usually don't even look in other people's tents. If I do and they look like a player has been legitamately squirreling away honest goods, I'll leave it. If it looks excessive, then I destroy the contents.

• Like 1

"Don't destroy the stuff I saved up for when I died. That's, you know, like permadeath or something!"

Hehe. Burn it all.

I like the concept and support it, but you are fighting a losing battle.

I also whole heartedly agree that with so much high end stuff in the game, you are never more than one hour from being fully kitted out. You don't even have to kill anyone to do it, so many fully loaded bodies and tents not even hidden. Agree a hive wipe wont work either until scripts are stopped in standalone.

Probably the whole reason everyone stopped playing, with so much stuff there is no point.