Sign in to follow this  
zach.orman@hotmail.com

Custom DayZ Map?

Hey guys, Mr Turtles here.

This is my first post, thought I would make it count.

I am currently working on a custom map for ARMA II and I was wondering if there were anyway to make it work with DayZ mod?

I know how to design the map itself, I have been following tutorials and such.

I just have no clue as to how to get it to work with DayZ.

The map I am working on is based in some snowy mountains, it will have some hillside towns and villages near a lake along with some random cabins around the more forested areas.

How would I go by making it work with DayZ? (Randomized spawns, zombie spawns, loot spawns.).

Any help would be appreciated, any dickery would not.

(Sorry if in wrong section, the map would only be hosted on a private hive so I assumed this would be an appropriate section.)

I have a question for you my good sir!

Is the map maker for Arma II anything like Steams Source SDK: Hammer? Is not is it at least the same difficulty level?

I will start looking at tutorials though.

I have a question for you my good sir!

Is the map maker for Arma II anything like Steams Source SDK: Hammer? Is not is it at least the same difficulty level?

I will start looking at tutorials though.

I can honestly say I have never used Source SDK, however I can answer that it isn't very hard to make a map for Arma II.

ARMA doesn't exactly have a lone tool to be used, it is more like a collection of several tools that can be used together.

A good tutorial is this;

http://community.bis...errain_Tutorial

Well it is possible, for sure. Lingor Island is more than enough proof of that.

Just no idea how.

I misworded my initial thread, I meant to ask if anyone knew how the process worked. xD

• Like 1

Just helping out with getting your question answered by bumping it up too.

May have to wait to get a response during a high traffic hour.

Yeah, I'm in no hurry. I'm assuming it will take a long while for the map to actually be fully working with DayZ so an extra few days can't hurt.

Hey guys, Mr Turtles here.

This is my first post, thought I would make it count.

I am currently working on a custom map for ARMA II and I was wondering if there were anyway to make it work with DayZ mod?

I know how to design the map itself, I have been following tutorials and such.

I just have no clue as to how to get it to work with DayZ.

The map I am working on is based in some snowy mountains, it will have some hillside towns and villages near a lake along with some random cabins around the more forested areas.

How would I go by making it work with DayZ? (Randomized spawns, zombie spawns, loot spawns.).

Any help would be appreciated, any dickery would not.

(Sorry if in wrong section, the map would only be hosted on a private hive so I assumed this would be an appropriate section.)

Well im willing to help you port your custom arma map over to DayZ... just add me on skype: xx_stapo19_xx and maybe later i will do a puplic tutorial..

Edited by Stapo