Sign in to follow this  
sil3nus

Cheating Epidemic has forced me to close my server

The teleporters are OUT OF F--KING CONTROL. I have not had a single nights play in over TWO WEEKS that has not culminated in some douche bag teleporting to our location and gunning us down with an AS50 while we hunt around for god damned winchester ammo. Or whats worse, when theres a botched teleport (yes thats right some people cant even win when they cheat) ( by botched i mean we were 3rd floor in a HV industrial and they popped out of no where on the first floor), they usually defer to their bag full of satchel charges and pipe bombs.

Nothing in the world of video game entertainment is worth tolerating these grief bombing shitty little brats to this extent. I am done keeping an eye on 7 tailed BE logs in a separate window while I search LV farms for a god damned can of soda. I am done trying the ANTI HACK du jour, I am done reading thru these forums at the posts of tons of people wondering how to combat this problem.

Wake me up when the stand alone hits, and FUUUUUUUUCK you to any and all cheaters, even if you just spawned one little truck cause your W key finger was sore, you're the scum of the fucking earth, and I hope your first born daughter is impregnated by jobless immigrant.

• Like 4

You speak for us all brother. Not a fan of rant threads though. It goes without saying that all hacker's(scripter is more appropriate) firstborns should be "impregnated by a jobless immigrant".

• Like 1

Not really. Cheating isn't as bad as it used to be!

As a server admin you can always check logs, manage scripts, use community banlists and etc.

Dunno about your last comment there, but if the hacking is causing people to close their servers then i can't wait for the standalone to be released already.

I am not far behind you. Considering swapping to a private hive to help with the cheating issues. I spent more time trying to stop hackers than playing the game.

• Like 2

The teleporters are OUT OF F--KING CONTROL. I have not had a single nights play in over TWO WEEKS that has not culminated in some douche bag teleporting to our location and gunning us down with an AS50 while we hunt around for god damned winchester ammo. Or whats worse, when theres a botched teleport (yes thats right some people cant even win when they cheat) ( by botched i mean we were 3rd floor in a HV industrial and they popped out of no where on the first floor), they usually defer to their bag full of satchel charges and pipe bombs.

Nothing in the world of video game entertainment is worth tolerating these grief bombing shitty little brats to this extent. I am done keeping an eye on 7 tailed BE logs in a separate window while I search LV farms for a god damned can of soda. I am done trying the ANTI HACK du jour, I am done reading thru these forums at the posts of tons of people wondering how to combat this problem.

Wake me up when the stand alone hits, and FUUUUUUUUCK you to any and all cheaters, even if you just spawned one little truck cause your W key finger was sore, you're the scum of the fucking earth, and I hope your first born daughter is impregnated by jobless immigrant.

BYE !!!

Not really. Cheating isn't as bad as it used to be!

As a server admin you can always check logs, manage scripts, use community banlists and etc.

Done all that, tried different things, manually banned a ton of people, many of whom could have been legit players but theres no clear signature yet for what constitutes a teleport hack (if it even shows in setpos)... Like I said its just not worth it to me, if I wasnt employed and had a family to take care of then MAYBE, just maybe I'ld have the bandwidth to devote 2-3 hours a day to thwarting this junk. But as it is, I do not. So the community as a result loses an awesome server that ran the game content off SSD, had fat tier 1 connectivity etc... bummer.

I am not far behind you. Considering swapping to a private hive to help with the cheating issues. I spent more time trying to stop hackers than playing the game.

Yea I considered it, but I am low on DBA skills. I also dont see how control of the database layer helps with the problem that the scripting interface is whats being whored out. If I am wrong then enlighten me.

BYE !!!

Says the jackass who satchel charges 16 HV Barns a week, and tells himself better them than me.

I game with silenus and I'm quitting with him. I have been playing this game for months, and for the past two weeks all I have wanted was one good firefight...it's basically impossible to get anymore. I was walking with another friend when I instantly died to some guy 'setdamaging' me (we checked the logs to confirm this, no bullet sound...just dead). Invulnerable teleporting ax murdering guys, hacked choppers and thermal weapons/snipers/NVGs, teleporting all the vehicles to the middle of cherno...

I love this fuckin' 'game'. And I can't stand wasting hours playing legit just to get fucked again. Hackers/scripters EVERY night the last two weeks. It boggles the mind. So, farewell DayZ. Catch ya on the flipside.

• Like 1

Too many "players" trying to be server admins, if you have a server, you shouldn't be complaining about trying to protect it because you'd rather play.

I haven't played DayZ in over a month because it's a broken mod right now, but that hasn't stopped me from keeping tabs on my server, updating it, and doing my best to keep it hacker free.

We got some first world problems here!!! Private Hive ladies... I can't believe people still play on Hive servers and that is your fault!!

So do you run a private hive server or do you just play on one? Notice your posting in the server forum here. If you don't admin a box then STFU.

Too many "players" trying to be server admins, if you have a server, you shouldn't be complaining about trying to protect it because you'd rather play.

I haven't played DayZ in over a month because it's a broken mod right now, but that hasn't stopped me from keeping tabs on my server, updating it, and doing my best to keep it hacker free.

PFFFFFFTTTT fuck you DEVELOPER.

I do this crap for a living, as an admin, I manage the server hardware and software PROVIDED to me by people who declare themselves "DEVELOPER". Its not my fucking job to toil endlessly to reverse the ill effect of a system that is flawed at a fundamental SOFTWARE level.

But thanks for your useless input anyways, I'm sure all the victims of teleporting and piled up vehicles appreciate your little torch.

Edited by sil3nus

PFFFFFFTTTT fuck you DEVELOPER.

I do this crap for a living, as an admin, I manage the server hardware and software PROVIDED to me by people who declare themselves "DEVELOPER". Its not my fucking job to toil endlessly to reverse the ill effect of a system that is flawed at a fundamental SOFTWARE level.

But thanks for your useless input anyways, I'm sure all the victims of teleporting and piled up vehicles appreciate your little torch.

lol, go complain on the BattlEye forums if you are so pissed off about hackers. THEY are the ones who handle the anti-cheat system.

As far as your last sentence, I haven't had a single report of hacking in my server in weeks... hmm, wonder why that is.

The dayz devs have done an excellent job it attempting to curb stomp hackers.. I'd say for a game that trusts the client for as much as it does, they don't deserve to be slammed for this.

Edited by peperonikiller

lol, go complain on the BattlEye forums if you are so pissed off about hackers. THEY are the ones who handle the anti-cheat system.

As far as your last sentence, I haven't had a single report of hacking in my server in weeks... hmm, wonder why that is.

The dayz devs have done an excellent job it attempting to curb stomp hackers.. I'd say for a game that trusts the client for as much as it does, they don't deserve to be slammed for this.

You mean the BE devs busted cheaters? DayZ devs can't do anything against them! And BE is doing a great job, even though the game is so open

Just because no ones reported it doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Plenty of this shit isnt even tracked by BE, or is only logging/filtering.

My rant isn't aimed at Rocket. Its aimed at the hackers. I have every faith that the people writing this stuff will eventually get to a place where all we have to deal with is ye 'olde texture hacking, when the standalone is released. As your predilection with your perfect fucking server demonstrates there isn't any shortages of geeks wanting to run a server.

Look seriously I dont want this post to be a huge flame war, I needed to vent after my 27th death at the hands of obvious hacking for just trying to make a place for myself and my people to pitch a fucking tent.

If you dont like my ranting hit the next button, ignore it, whatever...

I see many people on here holding out for the standalone because " it will be able to handle the scripting issues". I find that hard to believe considering almost every game I've ever played had players cheating. I'd like to know what the magical method of dealing with cheaters will be considering games like BF3 and it's huge support team still cannot eliminate cheating.

Better access to players GUIDS and the ability to have a database that shows a players history of global bans, violations, or investigate a players history. Better yet is if Arma had the ability to stream to Pbbans' database to check real time if a globally banned player is attempting to join your server. I can't tell you how many cheaters were auto blocked from joining.

Nothing is fool proof and they still get through, but anything to minimize the carnage as being demonstarted now would be a much needed addition.

I see many people on here holding out for the standalone because " it will be able to handle the scripting issues". I find that hard to believe considering almost every game I've ever played had players cheating. I'd like to know what the magical method of dealing with cheaters will be considering games like BF3 and it's huge support team still cannot eliminate cheating.

Better access to players GUIDS and the ability to have a database that shows a players history of global bans, violations, or investigate a players history. Better yet is if Arma had the ability to stream to Pbbans' database to check real time if a globally banned player is attempting to join your server. I can't tell you how many cheaters were auto blocked from joining.

Nothing is fool proof and they still get through, but anything to minimize the carnage as being demonstarted now would be a much needed addition.

Of course, there will be cheating but not in so much! If they secure the game/engine, cheats like masskill, teleporting, spawning items and etc. will not be possible!

Btw. BF3 is cheater-free

Btw. BF3 is cheater-free

Absolute BULL, they may get banned quicker or with greater ease but they are damn sure in BF3.

One big change that would help admin and players to tell who was hacking is a better kill feed that tells you which player killed someone.

One big change that would help admin and players to tell who was hacking is a better kill feed that tells you which player killed someone.

exactly what i suggested in a specific post before ppl said it's not realistic and so on. but one thing they said was true: cheaters could *maybe* change the script to kill ppl anonymously. but hell yeah if in bottom left there would be wrote "john killed jack" instead only "jack has been killed", that would help fighting cheaters in dayz. there would be this only because of the cheaters. no cheaters = no killer name. Edited by stoukette

Absolute BULL, they may get banned quicker or with greater ease but they are damn sure in BF3.

No. BF3 has almost no cheaters. I have barely seen a few in 180 hours! Only EA is doing a bad job in manually banning cheaters in BF3!

No. BF3 has almost no cheaters. I have barely seen a few in 180 hours! Only EA is doing a bad job in manually banning cheaters in BF3!

That's because BF3 uses Punkbuster and if the server streams to Pbbans, players who are globally banned will not enter the server. If players are caught by the admin, they can be banned locally. Even if a player obtains a new GUID and circumvents the system, the admin can cross check that players history and any linked GUIDs will reveal if they've been globally banned before. This proves to be invaluable as you now have a history to decide if you choose to ban at the local level.

These are just some of the things you don't see and why BF3 is more effective, but like anything else it isn't foolproof and THEY DO get into servers. A player using mass kill is easy to spot, but you have players that keep the hacking low key by using wall hacks or a toggling aimbot which makes it difficult to catch considering Punkbuster has not caught them yet.