seanmcloughlin7

DayZ is a joke in its current form

Now I am a huge fan of this game and I adore it. I took a break of about a month to play some other games and I recently came back to DayZ. I cannot get over how many people are playing just to kill other players now. I don't mind if a guy sees me with my M16 and kills me to steal it or any other gear or whatever, but when I literally just spawn in and a guy shoots me in the back to steal nothing is a joke.

I thought I would try a server with more than 5 people in it (14 in this last one) and I was shot in 5 minutes, and have been shot only a few hundred metres from my spawn 3 times in a row now and it's just not fun. It's taking a lot away from the experience and what was once extremely fun and tense/tactical to play has become an absolute free for all of who can kill the most players.

I was even nice to a dude and there were 2 lee enfields, I took one and the ammo and the other guy just got the gun so I gave him some ammo in the confidence he wouldn't just kill me instantly and sure enough he kept his word. So we parted ways only for me to leave the shed and be gunned down by some other dude.

I am not a whiner and usually take it on the chin but when it stops me from having fun or even playing the game for any length of time it's a huge problem.

I am not a whiner and usually take it on the chin but when it stops me from having fun or even playing the game for any length of time it's a huge problem.

You hear that..... yah.... *Crickets*
  • Like 3

A couple of options;

- get involved with a community/clan/regular group as there's strength in numbers

- Trust no one

- avoid PvP hot spots such as Cherno, Elektra, NW Airfield etc.

I actually think it's calmed down a little on the PvP scene. Yes it still happens but it's not as much of an issue now as there's loads more servers dispersing players more sparsely. I tend to stick to servers with around 10 players on (there's not many these days with more, at least the times I play) and rarely encounter other players and even less that see me before I see them. When I play with my community mates I get even fewer problems.

• Like 4

It's happening to everyone, deal with it, people who had it done to them last month are now doing it to others this month..

Don't make me post Rarity :|

I didn't say I was the only one. I just think it's frustrating how much the game changed from the last time I was playing it properly, I used to meet a good few nice people back then. But now it's very rare

Lack of any kind of late game objectivity and generalised boredom will create bandits, a joe casual player wud rather just run around with his gear he found killing untill hes killed.

I dont kill other players i just feel bad about it whenever i have an unsuspecting sucker in my crosshairs.

What I'm going to start trying to do is robbing people and make em drop their stuff on the ground, or just cripple them and mug their alice packs. altho i guess logging off kind of ruins that plan, but hey maybe some1 may want to get taken hostage for the novelty

• Like 2

You hear that..... yah.... *Crickets*

you sir, are a dick.

I concur with the OP and think that there isn't enough reason for the good guy to succeed in this game.

I see no reason myself to side with any survivors I come across and today, I came across a guy that was sitting in the top of med value residential,

when I told I him I only had an axe and show no threat and want to look for food and nothing else, he told me to go away anyway, and then proceeded to kill me as I moved out the door.

There is as always a lot of excuses for the way people play the game they way they do, but in the end, people play the way they do because it works within the confines of the game and gives them rewards.

If more reward was given for being the good guy, then there would be more good guys.

Edited by Synddd

That's the thing, I was in three valleys (I think) where normally there isn't a lot of people

We're all suffering from the inability to take a loss. Honestly, I can't stand losing in this game but I keep on playing.

A couple of options;

- get involved with a community/clan/regular group as there's strength in numbers

- Trust no one

I actually think it's calmed down a little on the PvP scene. Yes it still happens but it's not as much of an issue now as there's loads more servers dispersing players more sparsely. I tend to stick to servers with around 10 players on (there's not many these days with more, at least the times I play) and rarely encounter other players and even less that see me before I see them. When I play with my community mates I get even fewer problems.

Yeah do that or stay in the forest with an axe forever untill you ultimatley get bored. Considering all the gear in the game is basically tools designed to kill other players logic would dictate you should kill other players. If that wasn't the case maybe instead of gun drops their shud be feather dusters, cup cakes and perhaps some S&M clothing. First u had the ghillie suit, and now we bring you, the latex gimp suit

• Like 1

Just try to avoid hotspots before u got some gear!

Ive got like a pattern how i move and play if i just spawned, get away from the coast, go check the first ~5 deerstands closest to you, visit a market up north for backpack etc.

Lingor is kinda different, there u got military loot in minutes, choose the approach u like the most!

Personally i get a gun, like anything that shoots, set up an ambush, get complete loadout from my first victim :P

you sir, are a dick.

I concur with the OP and think that there isn't enough reason for the good guy to succeed in this game.

I see no reason myself to side with any survivors I come across and today, I came across a guy that was sitting in the top of med value residential,

when I told I him I only had an axe and show no threat and want to look for food and nothing else, he told me to go away anyway, and then proceeded to kill me as I moved out the door.

There is as always a lot of excuses for the way people play the game they way they do, but in the end, people play the way they do because it works within the confines of the game and gives them rewards.

If more reward was given for being the good guy, then there would be more good guys.

You sir... well I don't care. I don't have the problems other people have. It's a game... shit happens....

• Like 1

I didn't say I was the only one. I just think it's frustrating how much the game changed from the last time I was playing it properly, I used to meet a good few nice people back then. But now it's very rare

Yes the game has changed and the only way you can tend to survive these days is by joining a clan or some small group...

Chernaus is now an evil evil place, but i still love it

1.Happen upon a tent north of Cherno

2. Get geared up with some nice loot

3. Mass server kill 5 min later (Free fall dive into ocean)

4. New server- Spawn, Raid Cherno, Get nice loot, kill a couple Heroes, I drop dead (no shots)

5. Home server-Hit supermarket in Cherno again, attempt to run to camp south of Stary, about 2m away I get teleported in the air and die.

I had a blast <sarcasm>

you sir, are a dick.

Therein lies the problem, there is no consequence for stuff you do except for your attire. But if you punish them for being bad then it's not realistic and lots of people won't play then cos they can't kill willy nilly. But back in the beginning the game was really fun cos some guys helped you a lot and you could go exploring with them and it felt like you were all part of this world facing the same problems as each other. Now it's just shooting fish in a barrel for some people and it's turned the game into something totally different.

When I talk to my non DayZ friend about it he always says "is there any nice people in the game at all, or even any zombies" because everything revolves around players killing each other.

And I don't want to have to drag someone else into the game and play with them to enjoy it, the game shouldn't work that way

• Like 1

Yeah do that or stay in the forest with an axe forever untill you ultimatley get bored. Considering all the gear in the game is basically tools designed to kill other players logic would dictate you should kill other players. If that wasn't the case maybe instead of gun drops their shud be feather dusters, cup cakes and perhaps some S&M clothing. First u had the ghillie suit, and now we bring you, the latex gimp suit

Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Can't stand getting killed for no reason don't play Day Z.

• Like 1

We're all suffering from the inability to take a loss. Honestly, I can't stand losing in this game but I keep on playing.

I still love the game but it's becoming harder and harder to have fun in it now, and that's what every game should be "fun". It shouldn't feel like a real chore to play it.

• Like 2

1.Happen upon a tent north of Cherno

2. Get geared up with some nice loot

3. Mass server kill 5 min later (Free fall dive into ocean)

4. New server- Spawn, Raid Cherno, Get nice loot, kill a couple Heroes, I drop dead (no shots)

5. Home server-Hit supermarket in Cherno again, attempt to run to camp south of Stary, about 2m away I get teleported in the air and die.

I had a blast <sarcasm>

I always have a blast. No <sarcasm> needed. My average life is around 12-15 dayZ-ish. That's because I am not a moron and dont play on the 50/50 public servers. That's like being a deer during hunting season and spray painting yourself orange.... your screwed. I play medium pop, or private servers.

Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Can't stand getting killed for no reason don't play Day Z.

That's a horrible and very narrow minded way to look at the game.
  • Like 1

I still love the game but it's becoming harder and harder to have fun in it now, and that's what every game should be "fun". It shouldn't feel like a real chore to play it.

I believe that is the point of this game.... its supposed to be hard...

• Like 1

That's a horrible and very narrow minded way to look at the game.

I can't help myself.... it is ALPHA

Now who said surviving the Zombie Apocalypse was going to be fun?? sometimes surviving aint fun... it's shitty but you gotta deal with it until you gain the power to have the fun yourself

• Like 1

Therein lies the problem, there is no consequence for stuff you do except for your attire. But if you punish them for being bad then it's not realistic and lots of people won't play then cos they can't kill willy nilly. But back in the beginning the game was really fun cos some guys helped you a lot and you could go exploring with them and it felt like you were all part of this world facing the same problems as each other. Now it's just shooting fish in a barrel for some people and it's turned the game into something totally different.

When I talk to my non DayZ friend about it he always says "is there any nice people in the game at all, or even any zombies" because everything revolves around players killing each other.

And I don't want to have to drag someone else into the game and play with them to enjoy it, the game shouldn't work that way

People do still help each other, it's just the luck of the draw and you have got to be realistic that there's going to be more people who are either going to kill. There's more reason to kill you than there is to help you and for me that's about right and adds to the tension of the game.

I've been playing myself since shortly after the game went live and I think the game is no worse relatively than it ever was. In fact I'd say it was in a much dire state this time back in July.

I'm confident there will be more content within the game to keep people more occupied in stand alone. Until then as I said you just need to be careful who you team up with and try to make contacts outside of the game to get involved with in-game. That doesn't necessarily mean coercing your best buddy into buying the game to get a game in. Our community for example is a good place to find other casual players that are pretty much "safe" and ok with teaming up for scavenges and survival play.

What's that, you got killed again and came to rage on the forums? Seriously, people need to stop this.

Go to Lingor. Most servers have a side chat you can type in. Be friendly and entertaining (but don't dominate the feed) and people will eventually be willing to let you roll with them, or at the least not kill you when you run into them. Some bandits are even helpful.

• Like 3