Sign in to follow this  
ciphra

Kill Cam - Kill Tags

Hey hello fella's,

I'm probably not the only one, wondering how you got killed when you are in a 1 v 1 combat and somehow get shot from behind. I was thinking about somewhat of a Kill-Cam in this particular case (without nametag of course).

Though sometimes, you call friendly, they call friendly, you loot together and... BAM!! Headshot.. In that particular case, I would prefer to see the name of the pussy-ass faggot who killed me this way, so I can hunt his ass down.. Or at least now to be carefull around him the next time..

Thats also 1 of the reasons I prefer to type, instead of VoIP. Because in the chat, it displays a name, so you know who you are talking to. That could immediately solve the problem of getting pussy-killed. Maybe something to think about..

I'm sorry if this idea is allready brought up, I dont spent very much time in the new Idea - section. Though I just saw some interesting title's, so I think I am going to spent the next few hours here ^^.

Greetings..

i dont mind the idea of a kill cam but it could be the start of a cod rebbellion

No. In 'real life' you wouldn't see who gunned you down, how they did it, and what weapon they were using, if they shot you from behind.

This game does not need anything like this.

• Like 4

One of the things about DayZ is that it sparks paranoia in several different ways. You don't know how the guy whose name popped up died, whether zombies, falling, or a player. I got killed quite a bit by bandits I didn't even see, but I still don't want kill cams or name tags. If a player is hiding and there is a kill cam, it ruins his spot. I'd like to leave out the "blahblah was killed" in DayZ altogether. I'd join servers like that now, but they are rare to be good or in my country.

Ok, kill cam idea is just my personell preference, because I sometime wonder why the hell I got shot from that position.

Still I want the names to be shown in VoIP, because it happens too damn much that people who call out friendly, start to headshot when you go looting. That is 1 fucking anoying thing, that should be punishable, by either DayZ, BattleEye, or players themselves..

No it shouldnt, trust no one... if you got killed its always your own fault, you were too trusting or you didnt check you surroundings and/or didnt keep your eye out and guard up.(except in case of hackers)

I think names should be something that you can deside to tell someone... ex: you could ask someones name and they choose to respond or not.

Nothing like this should be forced. Kill cams and shit are for cod and bf, NEVER in dayz.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 2

love all these clowns who think they're playing a 'hardcore sim'.

when the game has your character sleeping in-game to loot/kill whilst you're logged out...then lets talk about realism.

for the OP, dont mind your idea. Not necessarily needing to know the name of killer, but where/how it happened would be nice...primarily for piece of mind it was a legit kill (not a hacker who teleported there 2 seconds earlier).

No.

Stop being all melodramatic about getting killed. No need to know who killed you and where he was while he did.

You made a mistake, trusted the wrong person and he took you out. It happens to everybody, it happens to me.

I get killed plenty of times not knowing who killed me and where he even shot from, I just made a mistake and I don't need to know names or positions for the odd chance of getting revenge because as soon as this gets implanted the bandits will simply move positions or start working in teams to cover each other.

when the game has your character sleeping in-game to loot/kill whilst you're logged out...then lets talk about realism.

for the OP, dont mind your idea. Not necessarily needing to know the name of killer, but where/how it happened would be nice...primarily for piece of mind it was a legit kill (not a hacker who teleported there 2 seconds earlier).

There is no such clowns in this thread. There is just people that think this kind of thing is useless and could only ruin the game.

And we have come to a point where many suggestions are argued with hacks, that should be the consern when standalone comes out and because that not a valid argument.

There is just no real good reason to have kill cams and names showing. For the mod as it is now killers name would be ok.

ps. And you can abuse these kill cams easyly, speacially when in group... relay your killers position to your friend via teamspeak and such, unfair and stupid. And unnecessary to know your killers name, you are dead.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

The clowns don't think they are playing a hardcore sim right now. The clowns want it to continue to develop towards BECOMING a hardcore sim!

EDIT: I'm a clown.

Edited by Terrorviktor

Well honk my rubber nose and slap me in some oversized shoes.

Long story short. Your used to playing cod. Your not as good at this as cod. You want this to be cod. Sorry mate, not gonna happen. IRL you wouldnt even know you were dead. Let alone wonder where the bullet came from.

• Like 3

at first, kill cam idea was allready abandoned, so stop bitchin about 'CoD faggots' and stuff like that, I don't even play it T_T

secondly, it's not about revenge, when you get shot IN A LEGGIT WAY!! I don't care when someone outplays me, and manages to kill me because I let down my guard.

The only thing I want, is to know the fucking name, of that pussy-ass retard who backshotted me..

here come's the background story;

I spotted a guy, said hi, he shot, he missed, I shot, I hit, broken leg.

He then sais he panicked, didn't intend to kill me. I kept carefull, as I proceeded to let him bandage himself, gave him blood, and when he asked for morphine, I refused. Then I left, with the message, be glad you are alive. I walk in to a house few streets ahead, loot it, go to store (closely to where we met), and start looting the place. I see him crawling through the street, towards the hospital.. He spots me, I spot him. I know he is coming, but I'm like, hey, I patched him up, if he wanted to kill me, he'd allready done that.Then, I hear the VoIP from behind, after all, we meet again, now gimme that morphine, and the next thing I see is the hand of death..

Maybe you can understand now, that I gladly wanna know this faggot's name, so I can break his legs again, and this time make sure I have some flares with me..

Or at least be able to warn other people for him..

at first, kill cam idea was allready abandoned, so stop bitchin about 'CoD faggots' and stuff like that, I don't even play it T_T

secondly, it's not about revenge, when you get shot IN A LEGGIT WAY!! I don't care when someone outplays me, and manages to kill me because I let down my guard.

The only thing I want, is to know the fucking name, of that pussy-ass retard who backshotted me..

He then sais he panicked, didn't intend to kill me. I kept carefull, as I proceeded to let him bandage himself, gave him blood, and when he asked for morphine, I refused. Then I left, with the message, be glad you are alive. I walk in to a house few streets ahead, loot it, go to store (closely to where we met), and start looting the place. I see him crawling through the street, towards the hospital.. He spots me, I spot him. I know he is coming, but I'm like, hey, I patched him up, if he wanted to kill me, he'd allready done that.Then, I hear the VoIP from behind, after all, we meet again, now gimme that morphine, and the next thing I see is the hand of death..

Maybe you can understand now, that I gladly wanna know this faggot's name, so I can break his legs again, and this time make sure I have some flares with me..

No, no, and, guess what? No.

You made the mistake of A: Not finishing him off, and B: trusting him when he shot first, so I have absolutely no sympathy for you. I would have shot him more, or, if he was out of view, grenaded him. Simple, efficient, and saves either getting shot for your Samaritan efforts, or having to use medical supplies to fix him up. This game does not pander to nice sensibilities, and honestly I think you're a moron for not immediately telling him to either buzz off or get shot once you saw him coming back, but, hey, I'm just not a nice person apparently.

You died because you made a set of mistakes. Merely knowing the name of the person isn't going to help. You should have asked them for it, then left them to bleed.

TL;DR? That's fine. But bottom line is that this helps the survival aspect in the most minimal of ways, and truthfully would look like an aspect of the game designed to punish banditry. So no, no names, no kill cams, and no knowing.

That's half the fun, after all.

Edited by Riem

Names shouldn't be in game for all to see, especially not in VoIP and death messages.

You shouldn't know who's shouting at you, or who shot you. You shouldn't even be able to tell is someone is dead unless you saw it with your own eyes.

I gladly wanna know this faggot's name, so I can break his legs again

If you saw this "faggot" IRL in the street, across the road from you, and he shouted at you "Hey, look over here!" would you know his name from that?

Unless you're some kind of psychic I'm guessing the answer is NO

When standalone comes, hopefully there's an option to customise characters, simply for the ability to recognise somebody.

Until then, be smarter, and don't let anyone get the drop on you. You only have yourself to blame.

Edited by Chabowski

Lets bold 2 lines from your text, can you spot the knot?

*whispering*

pst, that is legit way

ps. And if you are on nonametag server you cant know who he is even if you "see" him again.. lol

You just failed.

Edited by Zeppa

I heard CoD blackops 2 has a new zombie mode maybe u should buy that instead

Edited by GLRUBBERDUCK

"this faggot's name" "IN A LEGGIT WAY!!" " pussy-ass retard" Really? Homophobic and over swearing? THis sounds like a rage post to me. ALSO, maybe the reason he shot you is because you didn't give morphine? Why patch someone up just to leave them with broken legs. Bro if he was in cherno/electro broken legs is a death sentence. You just condemed him to a slow boreing death. Also "legit" GOOD SIR WHAT IS LEGIT TO YOU? Basically any kill that abides by "you're" rules is legit. People want youre stuff they will hurt you to get it. Don't come here and cry on the forums saying that you want names. This suggestion is you saying you want to know who killed you so you can hunt them down.... Do you know how dumb that sounds?

If you want names that badly then play it that way, extract their name. In the scenario above you could have said..'tell me your name or you die now' ..voila. Killed by someone you never saw ? you are never going to know who it was and that is how it should be :) They are not a pussy ass retard ..they just saw you and took you out, that's all.

Customisation probably will not change this too much, well only for as long as the guy/gal keeps their current look. Hey everyone ..look out for the cowboy looking dude. Hey everyone look out for the chick with the tiny tank top. Hey everyone look out for the guy with the pirate shirt. Hey everyone..it's all the same fucking dude !

I have to say Killcams? really?

The mostthrilling thing about the game, is when you get shot at, you and your friend make a mad dash to see where you were shot from, you hide behind a wall switch to 3rd person and basically go into merrcat mode looking around the area looking as to where the shot came from. When one gets killed it becomes more intense as the rush to find them increases and you are forced to act fast as they could be flanking you in that very instant and you wouldnt know.

Its in that moment that you have no choice but to assume that it isnt one man shooting at you, you have to assume that there is a group of well armed men.

Add a kill cam, well it takes away 80% of the thr thrill, soon as one guy gets killed, he can just say over comms "4 guys in offices, 2 ghilli, 1 civi, 1 bandit" and thats it, we would still enjoy killing them, but the mad 5 minutes that you get from trying to hunt them is gone.

So in summery, NEVER BRING KILLCAMS TO DAYZ.

maybe on the recruit servers you could have maybe who killed who, but on recruit servers only.

i remember in takistan life i was playing as independent and me and a guy called SGT.CLEM were about to rob the bank and i was shot from nowhere ah the good ole dayz................

Kill on sight and you have no problems with trust anymore. Besides, all kills except hacking are legit.

Customisation probably will not change this too much, well only for as long as the guy/gal keeps their current look. Hey everyone ..look out for the cowboy looking dude. Hey everyone look out for the chick with the tiny tank top. Hey everyone look out for the guy with the pirate shirt. Hey everyone..it's all the same fucking dude !

The KOSers will likely be trying to disguise themselves. Of that I have NO doubt. I'll be making my presence known, as should everyone else, whether you're a bandit, hero or plain survivor you shouldn't be trying to lonewolf all the time. I want my Post-Apocalyptic social network to know that it's me they see moving towards camp so I don't get popped! (I doubt when we start forming communitiesEVERYBODY will be on the same teamspeak server)

Just my thoughts on it. If you can make your avatar more personal you're automatically more involved in what he's up to. Or maybe I'm losing it a bit... How many fingers are you holding up?! :|