Sign in to follow this  
charger451

Back to basics

I've been reading the suggestions and I have to say some are pretty good. But for the most part I feel like with some of the suggestions I'd end up playing something like Dead Island or Left4Dead and other "Zombie" based games. DayZ is a really good concept and we all know can and will be a great game, in standalone or continued mod.

The game is survival. Its about starting out small and working your way up, finding proper survival gear and keeping alive. At this point, in alpha its just to easy. You spawn and within hours your at the NW Airfield picking up the good stuff and pretty much owning anyone in the game after that. People want this game to be even easer with high powered rifles, NV, silencers, rangefinders and the like, is it about survival or is it about killing ever one in sight and grinding gear? The goal shouldn't be to get the golden gun but struggling to survive long enough to get it.

It shouldn't be to easy to get off the coast. Its shouldn't be to easy to find weapons and gear, or at least you should have to use wits or group up. To even think about getting near NW Airfield or the major cities for meds and weapons it should not be that easy. Beef up the zombies in those areas. Make them harder to get around, even in the dark. I've crawled by hundreds of zombies in the dark, in and out like flint. Crawled in and out of NW filed solo.

Its about the basics, staying alive long enough to work your way up to the better gear. Food, water and bandage should more important then a gilly suit or a helicopter.

It just seems like zombies are going to end up second level in this game. People are looking for bigger and better weapons, trucks, boats, trailers, a cabin in the woods, under-ground forts, vehicles that are indistructable...I'd like to play DayZ, not CoD.

Just my opinion, no offense to anyone. :rolleyes:

• Like 7

I've been reading the suggestions and I have to say some are pretty good. But for the most part I feel like with some of the suggestions I'd end up playing something like Dead Island or Left4Dead and other "Zombie" based games. DayZ is a really good concept and we all know can and will be a great game, in standalone or continued mod.

The game is survival. Its about starting out small and working your way up, finding proper survival gear and keeping alive. At this point, in alpha its just to easy. You spawn and within hours your at the NW Airfield picking up the good stuff and pretty much owning anyone in the game after that. People want this game to be even easer with high powered rifles, NV, silencers, rangefinders and the like, is it about survival or is it about killing ever one in sight and grinding gear? The goal shouldn't be to get the golden gun but struggling to survive long enough to get it.

It shouldn't be to easy to get off the coast. Its shouldn't be to easy to find weapons and gear, or at least you should have to use wits or group up. To even think about getting near NW Airfield or the major cities for meds and weapons it should not be that easy. Beef up the zombies in those areas. Make them harder to get around, even in the dark. I've crawled by hundreds of zombies in the dark, in and out like flint. Crawled in and out of NW filed solo.

Its about the basics, staying alive long enough to work your way up to the better gear. Food, water and bandage should more important then a gilly suit or a helicopter.

It just seems like zombies are going to end up second level in this game. People are looking for bigger and better weapons, trucks, boats, trailers, a cabin in the woods, under-ground forts, vehicles that are indistructable...I'd like to play DayZ, not CoD.

Just my opinion, no offense to anyone. :rolleyes:

Said hundreds of times, but absolutely correct regardless. (or irregardless for apache25) Beans.

Edited by thebirdolux
  • Like 1

There are a lot of people who think the same, I'm included. If you've played Lingor island before you'll have seen what making "Good loot" easier to find does. It ruins the game basically.

I think when the player characters lose the infinite stamina we have now, and when zombies get beefed up (not individuals, but hordes) the survival adventure struggle I remember fondly will come back.

It kinda sucks when you learn the map enough that you can't get properly "lost" anymore.

I'd mentioned some where if you have varies speeded Zombies (Faster and shamblers not this OMFG KENYAN ZOMBIES ALL DAY EVERY DAY, no offense for bad pun but point is made) Made the zombies or "INfected" next to no fucks given to anything but head shots...halved the ammo spawn rate globally, increase gun spawn rate (So people can find ammo and be like oh shit I need an AK to use this, instead of going ok I need Ammo for this here AS 50)

This would cause a lot of shit to hit the fan.

In Chernarus Zombies are nothing as you have stated, personaly i find the zombies in Fallujah and Lingor more of a pain/danger.

Should make soldier zombies at the military installations wear proper kevlar helmets (so headshots would have to be faceshots and are a LOT harder to pull off) to increase the danger at the NW airfield / Stary tents etc.

Might encourage people to prepare more before assaulting high yield loot spawns.

I agree, after a while the survival aspects of the game are too easy. Give a man matches a knife and a hatchet and he can live indefintely as long as he stays away from PvP (no fun however)

I think that food should be quite rare. The supermarkets should be full of empty cans and very few full tins of beans. Drink, ie water, should not be a problem, however, and drinking from a lake should be an option rather than needing a water bottle.

I also think that animal spawning needs to be addressed. I understand that there would be plentiful cows, goats and sheep at first but they would soon be farmed out by ravenous survivors and possibly zombies. Perhaps the sever could start with a set number of animals and once they are farmed out they only respawn very rarely. You could possibly keep the rabbit population high.

Survival needs to be the priotity in the game, not the PvP Deathmatch from the get go.

I once found zombies are the protecter of lives.

I was in cherno, completely unarmed. A guy emerges out of a building, leroy enfield in hand. He lines up the shot, boom. I expect to drop. Nope. I had aggroed a zombie, and he came running for me. The second he took the shot, the zombie was right in the way. Zombie is dropped, i bolt around the corner. He comes around looking for me, i evade with my ninja skills.

All in all, zombies are friends, not food.

• Like 1

(Faster and shamblers not this OMFG KENYAN ZOMBIES ALL DAY EVERY DAY,

Greatest thing I have ever read on here. Had me rolling.

I use my thermal sites to hunt for food rather than for players, is that wrong of me?

I gave you beans just for the "WIDDEN PALETTES" link... :lol: