Dr.Lyme

[ex medic] So I caved and went Bandit.... sorta... (+ questions)

i also play as a bandit in non hive, I was playing at lingor, saw a guy cooking some meat i was dead hungry but had an ak-74 with 2 mags and the surprise element and he an enfield, guess who had the advantage? Sneaked behind him and said "freeze!", then "I want some food not your life but if you turn it won't going to end well to you", he replied "so here it's" and dropped 3 cooked meat i said to him get some distance and sit down, he took some distance but then decided to play retard and turned, didn't think twice... +1 murder

i also play as a bandit in non hive, I was playing at lingor, saw a guy cooking some meat i was dead hungry but had an ak-74 with 2 mags and the surprise element and he an enfield, guess who had the advantage? Sneaked behind him and said "freeze!", then "I want some food not your life but if you turn it won't going to end well to you", he replied "so here it's" and dropped 3 cooked meat i said to him get some distance and sit down, he took some distance but then decided to play retard and turned, didn't think twice... +1 murder

Yup. :( That happens alot.

BUMP BUMP BUMP

This topic shall never die!

• Like 1

This topic shall never die!

Interersting topic for eternity potion GO!

Seriously interested to know why not just kill them as I prefer quick kills for their things, rather than hold up with chance of getting shot back at.

So hilarious when people try this and as they think I'm putting my pack and weapons down, I log out. DENIED

So you think it's hilarious to be a little bitch?

Seriously interested to know why not just kill them as I prefer quick kills for their things, rather than hold up with chance of getting shot back at.

I don't really do it for loot, as I have plenty of that back at camp. I do it for reactions: Day Z is about player interactions, not so much who has the biggest gun or survives the longest, exc exc exc, blah blah blah. I could rave about this for days, but i'll save you the novel to read.

Good question, though.

Edited by Dr.Lyme

From going from bandit to medic, no bloodshed is better and more fun. I even let the poor guys keep thier weapon when I had an overwatch, but I'd take the ammo or leave them a hatchet. I'd love to be robbed by someone like you rather than just shot on the job. It's been a while since I've been looting bloodbags and hear someone suddenly telling me to drop everything, blood bag them and leave. XD Ah the good ol' days.

I envy you, I don't have the patience to play medic anymore.

YES finally some one else who isnt just kos child. Anyways recently i had to kill someone it went like this.

HEY you with the g36 dont stand up (stands up) HEY i swear to god dont turn around (begins turning) last chance stop... BANG BANG so i take some food but the problem he was pretty new and even told me where he got it(server with sidechat) I felt so bad for him i legitly (and stupidly) lugged his gun and most of his gear to balota where he spawned and dropped it infront of him but he didnt fire he actually just thanked me blood bagged me and left.

Now one downside (this happened) Hey sniper drop your gun (logs out)... fuck

• Like 1

Now one downside (this happened) Hey sniper drop your gun (logs out)... fuck

Don't bother with snipers, most are too scared of losing their bullshit weapons. Just shoot them, saves you both time.

Edited by Dr.Lyme

So hilarious when people try this and as they think I'm putting my pack and weapons down, I log out. DENIED

Congrats, you're a pansy in a video game... Better not leave that basement.

So you think it's hilarious to be a little bitch?

Congrats, you're a pansy in a video game... Better not leave that basement.

<snip> I do it for reactions: Day Z is about player interactions <snip>

Well,

Obscura stated what he does, thought it was funny, and pissed a couple of you off without even being in game!

You want player interaction and reaction, well there you go!

You want to avoid that behavior, go play EvE Online - there's a 15 minute logout timer.

Pansy? Bitch?.... please, at least try not to sound so bitter. :(

/troll

Way to try and save some face by pretending you were trolling. We all know you are just scared of loosing your pixels.

All major MMOs with PvP have log-out timers not just Eve, fail again.

/troll

Good thing you put that in there, I was about to flip some tables and go full on keyboard warrior.

And believe it or not, I played eve for awhile

Edited by Dr.Lyme

wow, you BOTH responded! LOL (troll - success!)

The thing is, people are going to GAME however they please, and the nature of the gaming experience is mostly the ability to take advantage of opportunities presented by the virtual world, and it's corresponding suspension of reality.

The fact that people log off when threatened by an untenable position is simply human nature. If people could vanish in real life when threatened by a thug with a gun, they would. (well, most law-abiding sane people)

There is no real 'moral' penalty to combat logging, unless being called a bitch or a pansy bothers you THAT much. I think the silent majority of players would find that "keeping their precious pixels" outweighs the judgement of strangers in some nebulous 'virtual world'.

Also, the argument about the value of one's virtual posessions being less important than the honorable behavior of playing 'fairly' is misleading.

Although those posessions are virtual, and therefore esoteric by nature, they usually were acquired by no small expenditure of REAL effort on the part of the human player.

That player reacting with his (her) natural nature of self-preservation (which extends to protecting one's assets and effort expended to acquire said assets) will do WHATEVER it takes to save themselves / their stuff.

In a gaming environment like DayZ, there is usually not enough pressure from a defined peer group to drive the player towards honorable self sacrifice.

In EvE, team play is different, group cohesion is crucial and necessary and players can't 'loggofski' - and those who shame their corp. will quickly be ostracized and kicked.

TL;DR

Someone holding an L85 etc... etc... doesn't give a RAT's ASS if you think they're a pussy for logging out when robbed - because to them your opinion doesn't matter.

P.S. I regret putting /troll there - I want flipped tables!!!!

Edited by Highspiral