Sign in to follow this  
Bakst

Day Z Reference - dayzwiki compacted!

Soooo a while ago I got tired of alt-tabbing to my browser or steam overlay every time I needed to look up a weapon (which happens often enough since I don't always have the chance to experiment with every gun in Day Z), so I created a compact reference sheet that is basically an edited compilation of all the info that's already available on dayzwiki.com and the dayzdb.com community sites. Call me a nerd but I'm gonna laminate this baby and have it handy every time I play =D

Anyway I thought it might be useful to some other survivors out there to have a compact reference for gun stats, range charts and so on, all on a single page... and so without further fanfare, I plan to make these available as they come. For example, the PDF for sniper rifles is attached to this post.

If feedback on this is good then I'll finish the others and happily make them available here. So far I've got assault rifles mapped as well as navigation (compass degrees, map grid size, etc.) These may prove useful to noobs and veterans alike, although truly hardcore players are probably beyond spreadsheets at this point.

P.S.: Anyone know the formula for rangefinding with the AS50's mil-dot scope? I have read conflicting reports. Also, any corrections or additional suggestions are welcome!

EDIT: Here it is, as promised, updated version 0.3 of my little Day Z Reference. I'll keep em coming as best I can... note, the updated version now includes info about loot spawns (scarcity) and blood damage. I've added assault rifles to the sniper rifles and also included a reference sheet for navigating in Chernarus. Happy hunting!

DayZ_Reference_v0.3.pdf

Edited by Bakst
  • Like 3

Eh, easier to alt tab. There are only so many weapons and after a while you get the main ones stats memorized

fair enough. i find there is much to remember in this game, from mil-dot range charts to compass degrees and beyond, and so i made this reference for myself and anyone else who finds it useful. it's a lot of work and only marginally useful, but here it is anyway =)

ps: i'll be posting more sheets like this in a day or two, starting with the assault rifles

updated, see OP for latest v0.3

--> bump