skilpad

Slenderman?

This would never happen, but just think if there were a zombie type that thinks like slenderman? It would only emit little groans while following you and it would make people more paranoid adding to the games scareness factor.

Edited by Spartan_ZA
  • Like 1

No this time you actually have something for self defense

No this time you actually have something for self defense

How can you defend yourself agains a supernatural creature? A super soaker with holy water in it?

• Like 3

How can you defend yourself agains a supernatural creature? A super soaker with holy water in it?

Fire. Works on zombies, werewolves, vampires and ghosts' bones.

The only thing I know that is ghost and monster proof is your own bedsheets!

• Like 1

*goes home and drapes bedsheets around self like toga*

Hey, guys! I'm Slender Proof now!

But yeah, I'm not sure if a Slender zombie would be a good idea unless it was a Rare Spawn/Easter Egg that only a few players might happen across at any given time. It wouldn't add anything of value to the core game, but it'd be an interesting thing to happen across once every two or three blue moons.

Edited by Kajin

damn it should be added this way : One per server walking randomly in the wood (it have to be in the wood) and it have the teleportation skill that slender have and it would work like in the slender game but if you shot him it spawn in a other place on the map.

1 in 1 a million chance to spawn at any given second. Spawns at a random coordinate but at least one click from any player. If a monster is on a server then 200 other servers lose the ability to spawn a monster until the original monster died.

This would cause extreme rarity ( not AS50 rare). And once a monster spawned in a server they would be rarer on other servers.

At any given time there should only be one or two monsters in the game. The map is so big. A player spotting the creature would be a phenomenon so rare that if probably would only happen once every 4 or 5 months. The odds of spotting a monster would be abysmally small.

Off course the player unfortunate enough to find it could be doomed. If he/she did manage to kill it, there should not be a reward. Some bragging rights and some folk tales to tell is all.

You might say "This is so rare that it is useless". I disagree though because if players know that there could be a monster, imagine all the people who thought they saw it.

It would be like this...

Player Alpha "Dude dude dude! I just saw something walk behind that fence up ahead!"

Player Bravo "Guys be careful we could have a bandit over here"

Player Alpha "No no it wasn't a player"

Player Bravo "So you are freaking out over a zombie...."

Player Alpha "It wasn't a zombie, I am not a dumbass"

Player Charlie "Dude did you just see Slenderman"

Player Alpha "Dude! you are right. Guys I think I saw slenderman"

Player Delta "ZOMG that so rare, NICE!"

Player Bravo "You guys are so dumb, slenderman doesn't exist in this game"

Player Charlie "Yeah he does"

Player Bravo "Does not"

...and so on.

This would add to the immersion and the horror of the game and generally improve the experience in my opinion. As a final note I think the monster should be elusive. It shouldn't hunt the player and only attack in self defence. Hell the "monster" could be a rare animal like a bear or a cougar or... slenderman or a bloodsucker.

• Like 1

Fuck Slender. What is the obsession with Slenderman now? And why do you have to suggest it in THIS game?

Just adding breathing sound effects, walking sound effects and what not while there is not a zombie there would be enough to scare some people.

But a slenderman zombie? Fuck no you guys.

I told a friend of mine that someone on the forums was currently suggesting that Slenderman be implemented into the game. His reaction was a furious string of curse words followed by the declaration that if that were to ever happen he'd never play Day Z again.

I hate slender now. THe game isnt that good anyway it just relies on jump scares. Stop putting slendy where he dosent belong.

Would kill the immersion of the game because it just doesn't fit. I for one have wondered about putting in zombies that act differently (not always with mindless aggression). Maybe like they stalk you in the distance however, 1) how do you code them to make it effective 2) how do you explain a zombie acting differently from a viral standpoint?

Would be funny if he put something extremely rare in the game without telling anyone. I mean so rare that if someone claimed they saw it in the game, no one would believe them.

Edited by Lights Out