Cpt. Peanut

Question About Heros

One Question, When you die as a Hero, do you respawn as one?

I think so. It's been a while since I last died and I can't remember if I reached Hero status before or after. I'll let you know next time my lung gets perforated.

Although I DO believe that humanity is cumulative across lives, because when I got the Hero Skin I remember only giving someone else one transfusion before going through the reskin. It stands to reason that you might keep hero status upon death.

Your humanity stays with your character after death, so yes, you will still be a hero on respawn!

Yeah, I've died plenty of times since getting my hero skin, even some glitchy ones, and it has stuck with me. Seems a little odd that this carries over through death, but it may not in standalone, unfortunately.

so much for perma death then....

It's an indicator of your play style nothing else so how does that tie into Perma death?

Thats good, as I just had a massive Orgy with a bunch of hackers, Whom raped me a little too hard

• Like 1

so much for perma death then....

Its the only thing that reflect YOU to your char... you cant just go rampage killing everyone and act nice at next life, your actions have consequenses

Edited by Zeppa

No, each life you start you should have to earn your hero / bandit skin. Not just get it because you had it last time. That would be perma.

Its the only thing that reflect YOU to your char... you cant just go rampage killing everyone and act nice at next life, your actions have consequenses

yeah... except it gives you 10% speed boost and 10% resistance to pistol bullets on the body, which means upon death you didn't lose every single fucking thinf on yourself, which is totally UNACCPETABLE AND INCONCEIVABLE in the universe of dayz

• Like 1

as a bandit you can have more stuff, steal vehicles..i'm sure you find soon a camo clothing with the same resistance to 9mm bullets, and quite easy a good car.

I would like to reach hero status someday, I'm +3,000 or so, so I'm well on my way. I'm apprehensive though, as having a while shirt does not seem appealing from a concealment point of view.

I've also read that what you see your character as (for instance wearing a black shirt, black vest, and green pants) isn't necessarily what another person sees. They might see you as the tan vested, blue shirt guy, or the black vested grey shirt guy. Why is this? I would prefer to select my look upon spawn in and stay that way.

I imagine the ghille suit, while very effective at concealing you, makes you more of a shoot-on-site candidate as someone will presume you're badass and out to kill them?

Edit:

I see this on the wiki:

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Civilian_Clothing

If people already have civilian clothing and dress up in other civilian clothing, they will appear with black clothing (also looking black for all other players).

Is this is a permanent thing? I am interested in permanently appearing in the all-black civilian outfit.

Edited by klesh