Sign in to follow this  
Thunderous Thrust

DayZ lags with pretty good specs?

I don't know why Arma 2 lags even though I have a pretty good computer. Here are my specs:

AMD Radeon HD 7640G

AMD A8 Quadcore (1.9 GHz)

6144MB RAM

I know my processor isn't great, but it still isn't horrible. Help please?

BTW, It's input lag that I'm experiencing.

NOTE: It lags in singleplayer aswell. It's not DayZ, it's Arma

Guys I'm only looking for a solution, not a discussion

Edited by Thunderous Thrust

I have a decent gaming laptop and DayZ gets pretty avg fps, lingor island tho was flawless at max settings

Lol it dosnt lag with my comp, the only time it lags for me is when I join the shitty servers LOL

Guys I'm only looking for a solution, not a discussion

Your GFX says to me your running on a laptop?

Solution 1, use a desktop PC, Solution 2, if 1 isn't the case, turn down the gfx settings....

Your processor is underpowered, by quite a bit.

You need clock speed not cores.

Look into overclocking.

I have read that if you turn your specs down the CPU takes over, so if you have a not so great CPU turn up the graphics. I know that's ass backwards, but give it a shot. I wish they would fix that. I just know if that is possible without an engine re-wright though,

video memory default, turn down draw distance, disable vsync and change 3d resolution to the same as your displays native res. Also AA and postprocessing turned off can make a difference but will look a bit shit.

yo man, your laptop is a hp envy dv7 7230us. I play this game at medium settings. this laptop sucks ass the graphic card is a super low budget version. it only has 512mb of memory built into it and shared is 2 gb which doesn't make a difference. if any on plans to get the 7640m or up series do not get it I repeat do not get it. a game like arma 2 with dayz needs at least ddr5 dedicated 1 gb of memory. I have a video a couple months ago talking about this laptop so people can know what they are paying for. I regret buying it so badly, I should of research this gfx more but I didn't because I thought the 7640m and up series was a good gfx series. the gfx only has built in ddr3 memory 512mb.

Edited by fpresiado

This topic is from last September...

Edited by mZLY