Sign in to follow this  
Dynami

What if the 50 cals were taken out of DayZ?

But think if you give them something to fear?

Maybe a player who found the scumbag sniper in the distance and decided to flank him?

Fear drives this game, i'd like to see more players use their initiative and go flank the snipers, problem then is they take the kit themselves and the cycle completes...

People in DayZ are not survivors, they are weapons. Give them a target, and they'll engage it. I sometimes play on private hives, and if I fix up a vehicle and broadcast my location on side or global chat and explicitly state that I'm an unarmed vehicle offering rides or straight-up giving the car to the next guy I meet, I still get shot by the next person that sees me four out of five times. These people are sociopaths, and they will always gravitate toward the most violent course of action that's made available to them.

I obviously blame violent videogames for their bad attitude, but the fact of the matter remains that you need to insulate the game against their playstyle. You need to realize that they will follow the path of least resistance, and then introduce resistance to herd them toward a more interesting experience. When nobody has a gun, there are some great cooperative operations that take place. You've got people running interference and distracting zombies and/or snipers to allow a larger and more beautiful plan to come together. Once you have a hatchet or makarov, it's a bloodbath and nobody gives a shit about anybody else, they're just working on their kill/death ratio and finding mouths to put their scrotum in.

People in DayZ are not survivors, they are weapons. Give them a target, and they'll engage it. I sometimes play on private hives, and if I fix up a vehicle and broadcast my location on side or global chat and explicitly state that I'm an unarmed vehicle offering rides or straight-up giving the car to the next guy I meet, I still get shot by the next person that sees me four out of five times. These people are sociopaths, and they will always gravitate toward the most violent course of action that's made available to them.

I obviously blame violent videogames for their bad attitude, but the fact of the matter remains that you need to insulate the game against their playstyle. You need to realize that they will follow the path of least resistance, and then introduce resistance to herd them toward a more interesting experience. When nobody has a gun, there are some great cooperative operations that take place. You've got people running interference and distracting zombies and/or snipers to allow a larger and more beautiful plan to come together. Once you have a hatchet or makarov, it's a bloodbath and nobody gives a shit about anybody else, they're just working on their kill/death ratio and finding mouths to put their scrotum in.

Are you like a soccermom who's trying to rant on violent games...?

I blame Illuminati...

If they added some mustard to the damage on the other sniper rifles I would be more inclined to agree with this comment...

seeing is how they are one shot kill.....I prefer my M24 but the wounding shit is garbage not many people in real life walk off a center mass hit with 7.62x51mm NATO it wasnt designed to tickle you

I don't mind 50 cal snipers, however I wish they were less rare than empty tin cans.

Honestly, if they become so rare that not every person has one, I'll be happy.

But aside from that it's pretty gay to get instantly killed by one after all your hard work.

What if people would actually use search before opening same threads over and over again?