Sign in to follow this  
Dynami

What if the 50 cals were taken out of DayZ?

What would you do? Would you enjoy this? Why or why not?

Of course in a perfect world, this would come with anti alt-f4 measures. ;)

I personally would enjoy this. It would make sniping a true challenge.. well it already is for me but for a lot of people they just get carried by their 50 cal. I tend to use the M14/SVD Camo. I also play on private hives so I rarely get alt+f4ers.

Edited by Dynami

I think it would make this game better , the 50cals are FAHHHK*N OP

and the campers would have to use a sniper that actually takes skill to use.

• Like 1

yes i think 50 cal. needs to go since they just seem to be way to common think about it what are the odds that your going to walk around and just see a 50 cal. on the ground realistically

I do not like sniping in the first place but if I have my perfect sniper loadout it will not include a .50 cal anyways. I will drop an AS50 for a DMR any day and twice on Sunday, but I am likely in the minority on this issue.

• Like 2

Not remove them, just make them much rarer, which rocket is doing, you guys need to do some reading before you post.

• Like 1

BAH, I can kill you all just as easily with a DMR as an AS50, and I can do it at night with the DMR also. It's not the weapon that kills you, it's the shooter.

AS50 round to the foot, yea that was the shooter that killed me. But they do not really bother me at all, keep on keeping on. If I put myself in a position to get sniped by a camper that is my own fault, I should have seen you long before you noticed me.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

I would love to see them be more rare.. right now it appears SVD camos are more rare than 50 cals. Found a heli crash site last night with 2 as50s and an L85. Pretty neat stuff, not the first time I've got double 50 cals either.

Also another thing I notice with the AS50 is it just has a strange bullet hit box.. I can shoot away from a person and still hit them even though I see the impact hit the ground. I don't know if its lag, but it just seems so easy! Especially with vehicles, all I have to do is shoot towards the vehicle and someone will drop out dead.

Edited by Dynami

Not remove them, just make them much rarer, which rocket is doing, you guys need to do some reading before you post.

They will never be rare as long as someone can dupe them and duping can not be stopped in the mod. You should try not looking so stupid before you post.

Edited by Dev
  • Like 1

this post is about totally removing the .50's not making them rarer... looks like it's you who needs to read before posting bro... btw i use dmr myself best sniper in the game imo.

• Like 1

Only thing the AS50 is truly any use for in game is to stop vehicles or for ensuring a kill at 700m+ but very few people use it for those purposes because ammo for it is way to easy to come by with the current state of the game, I'll stick with my L85 for night time security and CCO SD at all other times.

Only thing the AS50 is truly any use for in game is to stop vehicles or for ensuring a kill at 700m+ but very few people use it for those purposes because ammo for it is way to easy to come by with the current state of the game, I'll stick with my L85 for night time security and CCO SD at all other times.

L85 needs removed more than 50cals tbh.

I keep saying everytime i see one of these threads, There are vehicles in DayZ therefor a need for .50cal Anti-Material Rifle.

Just not so many.

True. if all you can hit is something the size of a truck. I prefer a shot into the window, thereby killing the driver and saving the vehicle...

I keep saying everytime i see one of these threads, There are vehicles in DayZ therefor a need for .50cal Anti-Material Rifle.

Just not so many.

I disagree as you can destroy pretty much every vehicle with any other rifle aswell Edited by Laatikkoinen

I find these threads comical because they are about people looking for gaming balance, when they somehow cannot recognize that the situation DayZ is simulating has no balance what so ever.

If this was the real STHF, there will be no police, no rules and no limitations on weapons scavenged.

I hope as the mod and standalone progress, all weapons become available with different spawn rates according to their real world rarity.

• Like 1

Yes take them out, I have an AS50 in my camp, but never use it anymore. My DMR kills feel so much better as I actually have to use some skill to gain a 1 shot kill and not clip of the toenail of someone by getting a glancing hit from an AS50 that magically kills them

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

I am pretty sure most people on this thread only want makarovs and double barrel shotguns. What type of game community makes non stop calls for removing everything in the game and not adding anything? That is right the anti game community that thinks everything under the sun is cheap. Even though I am not a fan of the .50 cals I could care less if they stay or go, these threads are getting a tad old though. Lets remove vehicles, lets remove third person, remove blood bags, remove morphine, etc, what would be left with if we listened to everyones opinion on what should be removed in the game, that is right makarovs and double barrel shotguns, end game status would be a sweet crossbow.

• Like 3

I find these threads comical because they are about people looking for gaming balance, when they somehow cannot recognize that the situation DayZ is simulating has no balance what so ever.

If this was the real STHF, there will be no police, no rules and no limitations on weapons scavenged.

I hope as the mod and standalone progress, all weapons become available with different spawn rates according to their real world rarity.

This whole post is a cleverly designed carebear attack by someone that just "doesn't want to get shot anymore"

True. if all you can hit is something the size of a truck. I prefer a shot into the window, thereby killing the driver and saving the vehicle...

Hitting certain parts of a moving vehicle at 600m even with a .50cal does take skill.

I disagree as you can destroy pretty much every vehicle with any other rifle aswell

But in effect the .50cal has the 1 shot disable capability,

Well, if they weren't in such common possession due to hackers, I think it would be quite fine to just leave them as a very rare pick up. It would be gratifying to hold such a fine weapon if you actually find it. I just wish there was a better Ammo to gun ratio

Well, if they weren't in such common possession due to hackers, I think it would be quite fine to just leave them as a very rare pick up. It would be gratifying to hold such a fine weapon if you actually find it. I just wish there was a better Ammo to gun ratio

yeah this, if they were actually rare and it wasnt for the fact I have probably seen at least 30 players this week with some form of AS50 they wouldnt be a problem.

The problem is hackers scripting them in has made them more common than a macrov, I would then use them if they were some kind of rare 'prize' weapon that you would only maybe see once or twice in your dayz game life, then yeah id use them, but right now im going to use a weapon that requires skill to use and not just a one hit kill no matter where you hit them