Eldo (DayZ)

This game is PvP not PvE

I'm dumbfounded that some poor saps on here think that this is still a zombie survival game. I've read the posts, I've seen the comments, I've heard you, and your simply wrong. This isn't even opinion at this point, it's simply factual. In most zombie survival games the zombies are supposed to be the main problem, not in this one, if zombies were to be the real problem they ought to a hundred times harder so that attracting even one lonely zombie could easily be the end of your life.

I'd like to get back to my original point, that this game is PvP and it's foolish to label it PvE. Bandits are not the problem, if bandits were not in this so-called "game" then we would all have quiet a boring time, although no one seems to realize that, so I'd like to go ahead and say it. Bandits make this game. Without them none of us would even be playing this game. Zombies are an idol threat that pose no real purpose besides being used to commit suicide to get a better spawn. They are simply a hindrance when you are looting, nothing more. When they're following you it's not a life and death situation, it's a simple jog until you lose whats a sorry excuse for AI.

Now what about the survival aspect rather than the zombie killing one; it's just as much as a joke as "zombies". Water? Food? Medicine? It's pouring out of grocery stores, hotels, bars, hospitals and medical tents. It's so easy to obtain things that would quickly elude survivors in this situation. I don't understand why the grocery store in the main town still possesses several cans of food and a handful of sodas. Those rations would be gone within only days of a situation like this.

Those are my points, I feel as if I've made a compelling argument, but give me all you got. I'd love to hear why you, the reader, believe for some odd reason that this game is about zombie killing.

Edited by Eldo
  • Like 1

I don't take advice from people who can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're".

• Like 9

I don't take advice from people who can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're".

Yeah because what I posted is advice. Don't be immature because you seem like your five.

• Like 1

Yeah because what I posted is advice. Don't be immature because you seem like your five.

See?

• Like 8

Play the game, how you want to play it.

It's DayZ and it's your story.

• Like 1

I think you got the point.

The point is often muddled when conveyed inarticulately.

• Like 1

You kind of have a point. I worry about bandits 1000 times more than zombies. I don't even worry the that much when being chased by a zombie, because I know I can lose them pretty easily. And when I scope out towns, I scope just for players, not zombies. So your right.

Edited by Matthew123

Once you find a hatchet, zombies are practically just pointless.

Every single survivor of DayZ is a so called 'bandit'. We should out of pure fear that if we don't shoot first, they will. The game is focused on distrust of the human mind and it tends to stay that way. I may not like, you may not like, but it's how the DayZ rolls.

I agree that ammunition, food, drinks and medicine should be a lot more rare than they currently are

• Like 1

this game was only pve for me while i was learning wtf was up with everything. now pve is soooo easy that i dont count it anymore. its not hard to fool and lose the zombies without even having a weapon. the only challenge is avoiding hackers and staying out of people's cross hairs while trying to find someone to kill yourself.

im praying that the standalone will have a lot more to do besides collect gear. allow people to build up the towns, restore power, etc, while waves of zombies are trying to take it all apart. maybe that would suck too but this game needs to have more to it if it expects to "survive" as a stand alone.

Well according to pretty much every piece of zombie fiction I've read or seen; The 'survivors' downfall is usually caused by the people and never the zombies. If it's the people that scare you then DayZ has got it spot on lol.

I do get where you're coming from though ;)

• Like 1

What are you talking about? The game is obviously PvE. You can kill cows! And Chickens! And Ducks! Quack.

Quack quack quack.

Using anti material rounds :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I agree that ammunition, food, drinks and medicine should be a lot more rare than they currently are

Well, since the updated Chernarus map in the standalone is going to have like 99.9999% of the buildings enterable, the loot is going to be 4x more apparent like in Lingor where every building has loot inside of it unless for some ungodly reason they change the loot % chance for loot spawn to be dismal instead of 40% when it reality it's like 99%

Do you ever have any positive or useful input?

• Like 1

Do you ever have any positive or useful input?

Never.

I get annoyed by bandits and such but thats part of the game. In a situation like this people would do things to survive.

Look at hurricane katrina. There were around 400 deaths from people killing each other while scavenging for food.

In a survival situation its you or someone else.