Sign in to follow this  
GLRUBBERDUCK

Taking control of a city/town

I think it would be a good idea if a large group or clan could be able to take over a town or city such as elektro fortify it and defend it possibily making it a safezone for new players. In theory you could do this now all though the zombies would keep spawning and there is no real way to fortify the city making it near impossible to take control of never mind defend. What would be good is that if there was away for zombies not to be spawned if a city has been controlled by survivors idk how this could be achieved though. Things that could be implemented is the ability to wall of a city or town off with only certain exit/entry points that could be guarded (like check points). If this were to be implemented then there should also be a way to attack cities like a bandit raid by braking down the walls.

Personally, i think it is a great idea and would bring alot more society to the post apocalyptic land

Please comment on what you think or any new ideas as additions

• Like 2

Has been suggested many times and had many negative replies, this idea could be abused in ways.

I do like the idea of being able to clear an area. Once an area is clear, zombies could respawn not inside the "safe" zone but just outside it, surrounding the walls or whatever.

However i think we need a shitload more zombies for this to work, otherwise clearing an area would be too easy. They could also eventually break through by sheer weight of numbers.

You also have the problem of ghosting where enemy players could disrupt this safe zone by spawning in behind you from another server.

• Like 1

I feel that most suggestions deal with bases, long term storage areas, building custom vehicles over time, having kids (God help us), and everything that screams real-time strategy. I feel this game should be much more tactical, that being the short term aspect. If you are hungry, eat/find food, if you are injured, use your first aid supplies then replentish your stocks. I think this game is bording on grandiose with it's possible inclusions that will just bog it down. I mean, some people are talking about farming when the average life expectancy in the Mod is just over an hour. This game is my minesweeper, not my Rome Total War. I think the standalone should be DayZ Mod 2.5, an improvement with a new engine, serious bug fixes and very few server commands -but- keep the same feel. I seem to be alone in this thinking.

Things are getting kind of silly.

Edited by thebirdolux
  • Like 2

I feel that most suggestions deal with bases, long term storage areas, building custom vehicles over time, having kids (God help us), and everything that screams real-time strategy. I feel this game should be much more tactical, that being the short term aspect. If you are hungry, eat/find food, if you are injured, use your first aid supplies then replentish your stocks. I think this game is bording on grandiose with it's possible inclusions that will just bog it down. I mean, some people are talking about farming when the average life expectancy in the Mod is just over an hour. This game is my minesweeper, not my Rome Total War. I think the standalone should be DayZ Mod 2.5, an improvement a new engine, epic bug fixes and very few server commands -but- keep the same feel. I seem to be alone in this thinking.

You are right and i think what you are saying is probably what we will get.

Just wishful thinking on our behalf i think.

I feel that most suggestions deal with bases, long term storage areas, building custom vehicles over time, having kids (God help us), and everything that screams real-time strategy. I feel this game should be much more tactical, that being the short term aspect. If you are hungry, eat/find food, if you are injured, use your first aid supplies then replentish your stocks. I think this game is bording on grandiose with it's possible inclusions that will just bog it down. I mean, some people are talking about farming when the average life expectancy in the Mod is just over an hour. This game is my minesweeper, not my Rome Total War. I think the standalone should be DayZ Mod 2.5, an improvement with a new engine, serious bug fixes and very few server commands -but- keep the same feel. I seem to be alone in this thinking.

You're not alone my friend. I completely agree. I don't mind little updates that add weapons, vehicles, and other such things like that. But not BUILD A HOUSE or FARMING. That's not what this game is. Like I said, you are not alone.

sorry i searched the forums and could not find anything on this. Quess i didn't look hard enough :) . Thank you to everyone who gave postive feedback.

Edited by GLRUBBERDUCK

I agree.

A camel is a horse designed by a committee.