Sign in to follow this  
Jeff the killer

...I was so very wrong.

So a while ago i posted of how the hackers seemed to have died down and how i have not found one in a while...

Well from friday to sunday my life has been ended restarted then ended again by hackers. So first i was deep in the forest and heard a atv so i thought i would try to take it when he got close (50-100m) i opened fire to which my legs broke and i died with -20k blood. so i thought just my luck and respawned 2 soldiers behind me i only hear cmon we gonna take a ride. So we go to a barn they question me about some random stuff and mk48 and ghillie on the ground so i take it(i know but hey i just died).

Then i notice cherno is kinda...on fire ya so i decide what the hell lets go i find some ghillie body in the church and notice the guys still on (PsycoZ). So we become friends and help get his stuff back we continue and i die yet again and thats the end of that day.

Now on saterday me and him log in and we decide to go to the medical tents. We see some guy climbing the tallest building in cherno and we open fire. As50 tws and g36 sd... so we continue and we go to the top to scope out the area (and maybe snipe some people ;)) but we see a sniper he proceeds to role into the hospital roof bulding thing... So while i keep him distracted psyco sneaks up on him guess what? as-50 tws. So we continue on and i end up dying what i think was legit.

Then on sunday to top it off i spawn aaaaaand boom infinite hour glass... Goddamit was i wrong.

I don't run into that many hackers on private hives..

I don't run into that many hackers on private hives..

I do.

I think there are a few main hive servers that run an extra anti-hack software that bans anyone who has any weapon not in the list for DayZ instantly. Today I watched a few people getting kicked/banned for things from golden revolver all the way to termal AS50.

Ban wave, couple of days of less hacking, new hacks come out, now rinse and repeat.

The cycle of the Dayz mod.

The first encounter it sounds like you were simply shot with an M107 sniper rifle. It does 32,000 blood damage if i'm not mistake, so yeah that'd put you right at -20,000.

The rest definitely sounds like hackers xD.

Are you still stuck with the infinite hourglass?

the simple fact of having a hacked gun means you're a cheater now does it?

It's an indicator. Not a reliable one, but a potential one nonetheless.

I wish these titles weren't so enticing. I keep clicking on them.

• Like 2

the simple fact of having a hacked gun means you're a cheater now does it?

In my eye's, and my personal opinion, yes it does.

You know for a fact that gun is a cheat.

You use that gun, your a cheater.

In my eyes [redundant] yes it does.

You know for a fact that gun is hacked in.

You use that gun, you're a cheater.

Part of the metagame is exploitation of finite resources, killing hackers or raiding a hacker box and taking their shit is perfectly in line with that, especially when it confers an advantage.

Edited by sp86

Im just putting this out there this is not ment as OMG HACKERS ARE GAY BAN THEM ALL. Im just saying its ironic how many hackers ive found since i posted they seem to have died down. So ya its pretty funny and ya m107 i guess would make sense but it happened just as i shot the guy and we were the only ones on the server (forgot to mention when i respawned i also switched server to 30 person server).

It was just when BattleEye updated 3 times their anticheat and all hacks got detected. But they make new bypasses in couple of days so the fun only lasted for 3 days being without hackers!

You'd think the hackers would get bored with hacking/scripting DayZ. I mean there are so many lulls in the action unlike BF3 or whatever that I figured most of them would have moved on to greener pastures by now. How many times can you do the DayZ rave dance party, or invisistalk someone with godmode on until it gets boring?

How many times can you do the DayZ rave dance party, or invisistalk someone with godmode on until it gets boring?

They'll keep doing it as long as it still makes people mad. That's the point. It's an exercise in Juvenile self-gratification.

• Like 1

Hullo there

My two pence, although R doesn't mind it, IMHO if you use hacked in weapons you are still unbalancing the game and acting like a bit of a git.

rgds

LoK