Sign in to follow this  
Taiphoz

How to FIX Falluja Map.

Sorry if the spelling is wrong but I think you all know what map I am talking about..

falluja.jpg

In Short, in a city map there is NOTHING in the city for the players, the loot spawns are mental and totally out of whack with the game the end result is that EVERYONE heads into the south air field where they can get everything they could possibly need in one run, after that there is no reason for them to go back to the city they just sit and shoot people.

I think each District needs to have a shop, a fire station and at least 10 or more houses that you can enter and that spawn loot, this will allow people to stay within a district rather than FORCING them to goto a stupidly large and over geared airfield.

I also think the vehicle spawn points should be moved so their ALL inside the city and not have most vehicles spawn in the outer locations.

Finally a central location in the map which would be the hot spot, something like Stary Sober, which would then be the main draw into the center of the city to get the best loot.

Finally you need to put Palm forest around the outside of the city, I know its supposed to be a desert, but the whole west side should be forest due to the water, the east side could be all as it is, desert and dry which gives the players more play options.

Right now the map is a very bad design for DayZ, the Air Field totally destroys the flow of the region and funnels ALL players into it and giving them no reason to leave it, even the Cherno North West Airfield which I think is just the right size pales in comparison to the size of this Air Field, it needs to be removed from the map, possibly adding a small number of barracks to the south west corner of the city in those open space between the roads or in the central part of the map.

As it is right now this map is broken, and in my opinion not suitable for DayZ standalone.

• Like 4

It does have a lot of nothing in it.. I tried to play it again but didn't last very long. There aren't any items on it..

Problem is Vilayer are grabbing any map they can made by other peoples labours then badly porting the mod to them. Fallujah is/was an AWESOME map for recreating Iraq style patrols and ambushes/contacts..... it was made for that, it's completely shit as a DayZ map for the reasons you mentioned. I see nothing about DayZ in the map..... you seen how many armed vehicles and choppers it has? It's ARMA for people that can't make it in ARMA. Also throw a flare at night........ they didnt even bother giving the zombies a day/night cycle they wont react to the flare, they will react to a smoke grenade. Finally there is a mass of arab civilain models included in ARMA OA (so we all have them) why have Vilayer given us 2 Arab maps now and not bothered to arab the zombies (am I the only one thinking its pathetic being chased round a mosque by a catholic priest)?

The joy is they claim to have 13 more maps in the pipeline great way to fragment and cheapen the mod

TLDR - Vilayer are profit mongering arses whoring the mod till it dies with 3rd rate ports

• Like 1

I think the map is or will make it into the standalone, Rocket has said there will a number of maps, I just hope that if they do add it, they change it around a bit first.

Problem is Vilayer are grabbing any map they can made by other peoples labours then badly porting the mod to them. Fallujah is/was an AWESOME map for recreating Iraq style patrols and ambushes/contacts..... it was made for that, it's completely shit as a DayZ map for the reasons you mentioned. I see nothing about DayZ in the map..... you seen how many armed vehicles and choppers it has? It's ARMA for people that can't make it in ARMA. Also throw a flare at night........ they didnt even bother giving the zombies a day/night cycle they wont react to the flare, they will react to a smoke grenade. Finally there is a mass of arab civilain models included in ARMA OA (so we all have them) why have Vilayer given us 2 Arab maps now and not bothered to arab the zombies (am I the only one thinking its pathetic being chased round a mosque by a catholic priest)?

The joy is they claim to have 13 more maps in the pipeline great way to fragment and cheapen the mod

TLDR - Vilayer are profit mongering arses whoring the mod till it dies with 3rd rate ports

Whoa man tell us how you really feel about it. They are being lazy with the maps but it still adds value to a mod that is mostly dead from the developers perspective and other people are welcome to try their hand at adding maps to the dayz mod (I really would love it if another group or independent modders tried their hand at this).

The vehicles do not feel like Dayz, but who cares you can always play Chernarus if you want to be a purist (at least Lingor has different zombie models that fit). With that being said I had a ton of fun rolling around the streets in an armored Humvee and had an epic air battle with another helicopter on the map (I know go play ArmA2 but it was still awesome). I really want them to release some of the other maps as well, it breaks up the monotony of waiting for the standalone.

To the original post, yes they should add some more spawn locations but there is another military base on the edge of town somewhere with barracks, I forget where it is but it has a decent amount of loot there. You can get incredible gear in one pass at the airfield, but you have to survive the multiple campers to even get there so good luck.

THis map is even worse than takistan

I would not go that far.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

The map is fun survival wise, until some cunt kills you with a humvee or heli. They are way too OP to just spawn together and repaired.

Whoa man tell us how you really feel about it. They are being lazy with the maps but it still adds value to a mod that is mostly dead from the developers perspective and other people are welcome to try their hand at adding maps to the dayz mod (I really would love it if another group or independent modders tried their hand at this).

The vehicles do not feel like Dayz, but who cares you can always play Chernarus if you want to be a purist (at least Lingor has different zombie models that fit). With that being said I had a ton of fun rolling around the streets in an armored Humvee and had an epic air battle with another helicopter on the map (I know go play ArmA2 but it was still awesome). I really want them to release some of the other maps as well, it breaks up the monotony of waiting for the standalone.

To the original post, yes they should add some more spawn locations but there is another military base on the edge of town somewhere with barracks, I forget where it is but it has a decent amount of loot there. You can get incredible gear in one pass at the airfield, but you have to survive the multiple campers to even get there so good luck.

I would not go that far.

Ok maybe I seem to rage a bit hard at them but remember they are taking maps made by other people and porting a mod made by somebodyelse on to these maps, they do this for profit. So they are taking others hard work to make a buck..... again this is not wrong if it was done well. As is the standard they do it I would applaud if it had been done by individuals or by Vilayer and released to all but its not they have taken these things from others work refused to then share their plagerised work (for others to host) while profiting from it despite it clearly being half arsed.

Also I wonder did they get permission to commercially profit from the fallujah map? Its creator clearly states its not to be used for any commercial gain in its licence

ArmA II - Fallujah license:

You are permitted to install and use the Fallujah for personal entertainment

purposes only. Any military, commercial or educational use is strictly prohibited without permission from the author.

free redistribution is permitted for the original file package as long as it is kept unmodified and distributed 100% free of charge.

Distribution of parts of the Fallujah is not allowed without explicit author authorization.

• Like 1

None of the community created maps will officially be featured in the standalone, because BIS does not own the files, so no need to worry about that.

Chernarus is the only map that really suits DayZ, the rest are just something to pass time on.