Sign in to follow this  
Murphyman20thGTI

Another noob on DayZ..Me

Hi all fellow DayZ players/addicts.

I am new to this game 1 day playing so far and seems good after firing twice and now on 3rd life finally found a rifle and ammo.

Yet to come across any other players that will either kill me or help me.

Any experienced players want to help a new person here in dayZ?!!

I am good at fps games and play a lot of cod on Xbox also , I have vent and had teamspeak but haven't use them in a long time.

You can't add me on steam: murphyman or pm me here and we can go from there.

Thanks all for looking

• Like 1

I can offer a bit of advice, go it alone for a while, get a handle on how zombies act, players act, how to do things safely etc. Then when you do find a group you'll find you fit in better (and don't get used as the bait boy).

• Like 1

Try using this thread if you have any questions about the game.

http://dayzmod.com/f...elpful-threads/

Some tips from me are if you're new to the game and aren't ready to die, stay in small towns and loot those until you feel comfortable in combat and dealing with other players. You can do whatever you wan't though :P. Also until you feel comfortable id suggest playing on low populated servers but thats if you don't wan't to make friends :) out of the few people that are actually friendly in this game :P. One last thing trust who you wan't to trust but people will turn on you, so just watch your own back.

Also this is a good map to use if you don't know the map yet and don't know where you're spawning.

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.146.073

Edited by Aggressive

Thanks guys for your tips, and the map should help.

Well I played for a couple hours last nite managed to get a map compass watch rifle and hand guns they when searching buildings I went up a ladder then was comming back down half way through I seem to literally jump off ladder and I broke my legs and used all my good to fix myself but had no morphine so I ended up crawling to a zombie so it could finish me off.

So back on the beach of this morning as I couldn't get off without being able to see in the dark.

I thought I came across a player crawling around hiding near zombies so I run up to him lay down next to him and hoping he doesn't shoot me and it turned out to be a zombie... Hahah

It legit looked like what a actually player would do when near zombies. O well live and learn!

• Like 2

Ok more about me:

Age 26

Time zone: EST

Interests: surviving and gathering/ hunting!

Steam: murphyman

Name in game: Murphs (Dono how to change it yet)

I am a friendly unless being shot at then it's on!

LOOKING FOR A EXPERIENCED HELPER or FEW OTHER NEW PLAYERS TO SURVIVE WITH!

• Like 1

play a lot of cod on Xbox

Won't help you in Dayz ;)

But what is it exactly you need help to? i mean you just want some friends to play with, or is there a specific problem you need to solve?

Edited by Lord R3born

Lots of beans to you, and welcome to dayz. Sounds like you've had a successful start to the game. Dayzwiki is very good for essential information, and I recommend using it for information on weapons, vehicles, well just everything. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

If you have already found a compass, you can stop there and assume you have "beaten the final boss".

I have gone weeks without finding one of those bastards, and was tending to play on one of those servers that doesn't have the little blue YOU ARE HERE on the map. I avoid those now anyhow because I like to set waypoints.

But since we're here to give 'tips', I will say: check the , and . keys (comma and period). Get on DIRECT CHANNEL, so you can have a possible chance of speaking with someone in the game if you were to come across one. Then hit the / to open the chat line.

I will add you on Steam. Look for the eGO tag in front of my name in Steam notifications and you will know it's me.

I have some stuff, and am BORED AS HELL since my favorite servers refuse to restart, so I can't use my vehicles or tents.

So... whatever you need, it's yours.

Edited by HMS
  • Like 1

Oh and to change your name, load up the game and get to Options / settings.

Look under Profile.

You should be able to EDIT it, and change the profile name to whatever you want.

OR, create a new profile with a new name... but you may as well just rename the one you have been using.

• Like 1

I'm not one of the more grizzled or seasoned veterans of ArmA II / DayZ, but I'll give you some advice and notes I've learned in the 2-3 months I've played.

#1. Use a web map to become familiar with commonly mentioned spots / towns etc.. such as http://dayzdb.com/map#3.054.089

#2. Familiarize yourself with what buildings are enterable, and what type of loot you'll commonly find within.

#3. Knowing the lay out of the larger cities such as Chernogorsk, and Elektrozavodsk, is incredibly helpful when both looking for loot, and communicating specific areas of interest (i.e. Shots near the Fire station, etc). Also, one of the biggest ways to tip your hand that you're inexperienced is to show a lack of locational knowledge.

#4. Understand how you appear to other players. An example of this would be, you're looting Cherno(gorsk) and you come across a Ghillie Suit on the ground, instead of grabbing it and immediately wearing it on your character, stuff it into your backpack to equip later, because most players who see a Ghillied player, regardless of other gear, will shoot on sight. Other examples would be what weapon your carrying, how you're moving, etc.

#5. Keep Morphine, Painkillers, etc in your main inventory if you possess them, because those items you will want quick access to and won't want to delve into your backpack to grab. If you're in a fire fight and need Painkillers, opening your backpack to grab them, then using them, takes valuable seconds. Same for morphine, bandages, epi-pen, etc.

#5. Familiarize yourself with what different guns sound like. Knowing what the dude in the supermarket is packing if you can't see him is valuable information on whether you can take him, or need to GTFO.

As a side note, hopping on a server as a fresh spawn and running around Cherno / Elektro is the easiest way to familiarize yourself with the cities. You have just spawned and have nothing to lose, so why do you need to play it safe and crawl everywhere?

• Like 1

"I am good at fps games and play a lot of cod on Xbox also" Bandit in the making right here.

Haha

I have yet to kill a non hostile player!

I give every1 one chance and if it gets the best off me Im surely will be hunting someone down.

Right now I'm in hero gear and help people out.

• Like 1