jigglypuff21

Why are people so mean?

Okay so I been walking around Cherno for a long time I had a AS50 and just picked up a AK74 in my bag I saw this guy running from zombies, he was bleeding very badly so I told him to come in the fire station, I bandaged and gave him a blood transfusion then he popped me in the head with a makarov... Is it just me or is everyone super mean even after you helped them and have your gun holstered :(

because everyone gets killed by 'lil kids.. they think F this ..i will shoot on sight too :(

People are douches. If you're going to help someone it's a risk you have to take.

all people generally are arseholes either all or most their life

Edited by Nick2389

The problem is, The nice players don't come on too often, and little kiddies have heard about DayZ and come on and treat it like COD and kill everyone they see, which i don't like but I have to live with it, But if you're in the same scenario again i suggest you do this:

You:"I have an AS50, No matter where i shoot you will die, drop your gun and I will help you, when im gone you can pick it up again"

• Like 1

WELCOME TO DAYZ!

-Don't let the Gate break your legs on the way out.

Or on the way in, I should add.

He was a survivor, you had nice gear, he had an oppertunity and took it.

Lesson to be learned.... never turn your back from or never lower your weapon when helping someone... If you have better kit then 95% they want the lot from your blood soaked corpse.

Edited by Derpy_Hooves

Not everyone wants to be your friend.. If you have better gear, chances are I would have also killed you too.

The only "help" you should offer an armed person is a shot to the leg so the zeds can finish them off.

Not everyone is like that, but as stated, there are a lot of CoD players. Two things to keep in mind. A this is a mod, is alpha so any way you slice it dont get attached to anything. b, more important, the stand alone is in the works, There will be much more content added to the game much of which should make combating CoD kiddies easier. Where the mod is now, once you get all your good gear, there is not much left to do (for the completely unimaginative). I enjoy the immersion and RP value of the mod. Dont give up all hope on the remaining survivors of the infection. There is still hope!

EDIT: But do always demand the person you are helping drop their weapon. ALWAYS be suspicious of anyone whose 'mic is broken, or just quit working' People who wont talk to you, generally are about to kill you.

Edited by BelMarduk

The problem is, The nice players don't come on too often, and little kiddies have heard about DayZ and come on and treat it like COD and kill everyone they see, which i don't like but I have to live with it, But if you're in the same scenario again i suggest you do this:

You:"I have an AS50, No matter where i shoot you will die, drop your gun and I will help you, when im gone you can pick it up again"

I hate when people compare this game to COD/battlefield.

Totally different game. if anything its more like Wolfenstein or Quake

• Like 1

OP don't be so naive! Not everyone wants to be your friend. It's your own fault for making this assumption.

I'm not having a go or trolling you, just giving you a simple fact. Just like real life, there are good and bad people. Trust no one until they prove otherwise.

And as suggested, make the guy drop his gun first. If anything this has been a valuable life lesson for you. So suck it up, accept it and move on.

Edited by GeordieMarv

Not everyone is like that, but as stated, there are a lot of CoD players. Two things to keep in mind. A this is a mod, is alpha so any way you slice it dont get attached to anything. b, more important, the stand alone is in the works, There will be much more content added to the game much of which should make combating CoD kiddies easier. Where the mod is now, once you get all your good gear, there is not much left to do (for the completely unimaginative). I enjoy the immersion and RP value of the mod. Dont give up all hope on the remaining survivors of the infection. There is still hope!

This being a Mod in Alpha stage has nothing to do with the way player nature is carried out. Each individual with their own mindset make the mod what it is. Some will help, some will kill and as i've seen over the months those who have helped have turned inward and would rather shoot to survive.

Human nature at it's finest yet it's most cruel.

• Like 1

I agree with most of you guys thing is, I should've shot him on sight anyways.. He WAS a Bandit after all.... But I have too much of a big heart I mean, he was so innocent and cuddly and cute! how could I do that to someone that looked like this :(

panda3.jpg I mean COME ON GUYS HE WAS JUST TOO INNOCENT AND CUDDLY AND CUTE LOOKING FOR ME TO KILL HIM! :(

Every person in this world is a dickhead with their own agenda. That includes you and me, to think any differently is just ignorance.

You were careless and you were punished thusly. You need to be very cautious about helping someone.

I will only ever let my guard down with someone who literally has no weapons of any kind. Even then, you still need to be cautious in case they found a frag grenade.

If they're armed, I do one of two things.

[1] If I'm really uneasy about my positioning and ability to control the situation, I'll blow their leg out and then shout to them over direct coms that they need to drop their weaponry and tell them I'll morphine/bandage/bloodbag them accordingly once they drop their stuff and move away. Yes it's a bit of a dick move, but it's for MY safety -- not theirs. If they try anything funny, I just kill them outright. They won't have any ill effects either after my repair, either, if they cooperate. Once I've given them whatever gifts/help I wanted to, I'll make them stand far from any weaponry until I'm gone and then they can go for it. By starting agressive, you make it clear you're willing to fire upon them if they try something funny.

[2] If I'm confident I have the upper hand on the situation, I'll skip the leg fire and just shout over comms to drop their weaponry so I feel safe and that I'll give them some stuff (weapons/whatever). I then make sure to place the weapons far from them and make them wait til I'm gone before they can go for it.

Acting like a care bear and expecting everyone else to thank you for it and be a care bear back is a bit silly and ridiculously careless. You'll get killed, like you did. You can still act nice, but you have to put your safety above all else. Before you complain method #1 is too mean, I've already ended up making two regular in-game friends and we run around often as a squad together when our first meeting went down exactly like that.

Oh man, I wish I came up a friendly guy with an AS50. That would be the most bizarre thing I would ever see.

all people generally are arseholes either all or most their life

this is the truth. ill even get a little deeper into it. most people that seem nice are only doing so because they dont want everyone else to come down on them. wait until the rules are gone and see how people really act. its called the mob mentality, and can/will happen whenever people think they can actually get away with doing messed up stuff. its proven every day all over the world, and its even worse in video games or on the internet.

but do i care about any of this? not really. i kill and help people randomly, theres really no rhyme or reason to my actions in dayz. lately ive been trying to get used to using the different rifles at very long ranges, so ill even shoot an unarmed fresh spawn if hes chilling at 600+ yards and i have a rifle im still trying to learn.

no matter what people do to each other in this GAME, everyone should just get over it and keep PLAYING, because its just a GAME. if this GAME bothers you that much then find something else to do.