Sign in to follow this  
Slayer (DayZ)

US2426 Admins are sore losers

anyone experiencing issues with hackers would probably be fine with over-zealous admins trying to keep it in control. i know im fine with it. its not like real life where people serve time in jail for being wrongly accused. you just have to find a diff server to play on. big deal.

anyone experiencing issues with hackers would probably be fine with over-zealous admins trying to keep it in control. i know im fine with it. its not like real life where people serve time in jail for being wrongly accused. you just have to find a diff server to play on. big deal.

Yes, but admins have to be respected upon the server community in order to get players. If your an admin and you get a bad review by someone's experience, and they have a VALID reason for it, you really won't be expecting some nice messages from a couple of DayZ survivors, eh?

• Like 1

Yes, but admins have to be respected upon the server community in order to get players. If your an admin and you get a bad review by someone's experience, and they have a VALID reason for it, you really won't be expecting some nice messages from a couple of DayZ survivors, eh?

that depends. lets say you keep getting servers with hackers, then pop on here and see a thread about how the admins on XXXX server keep banning anyone that even looks like they might be thining about hacking. you might be tempted to join it, wouldnt you? hackers are literally ruining the game for many people, while getting banned from one of the 5 thousand servers would hardly ruin the game for you.

admins banning people for no reason at all is bullshit, and at no point did i ever imply this is ok. im literally only talking about people that trigger something on battleeye OR in some other way leads the admins to believe they are hacking.

that depends. lets say you keep getting servers with hackers, then pop on here and see a thread about how the admins on XXXX server keep banning anyone that even looks like they might be thining about hacking. you might be tempted to join it, wouldnt you? hackers are literally ruining the game for many people, while getting banned from one of the 5 thousand servers would hardly ruin the game for you.

admins banning people for no reason at all is bullshit, and at no point did i ever imply this is ok. im literally only talking about people that trigger something on battleeye OR in some other way leads the admins to believe they are hacking.

Well then sir, if that is the case, join a private hive. If that doesn't float your boat...

...I hope you enjoy flying Hacker Teleportation Airlines.

Again as i said you jumped the gun, you have to catch them in the act, it isn't right to ban someone for a message that they get when they Log In

Well then sir, if that is the case, join a private hive. If that doesn't float your boat...

...I hope you enjoy flying Hacker Teleportation Airlines.

it seems you have given up on the conversation. no worries.

i do have an idea though. why not flag these strict servers as "zero tolerance" so people know what they are getting into ahead of time. people like me can join them knowing theres a slightly less chance of hacking, and anyone thats worried about getting kicked over a false alarm can avoid it.

Again as i said you jumped the gun, you have to catch them in the act, it isn't right to ban someone for a message that they get when they Log In

call me optimistic, but id like to think that particular error will be resolved pretty soon. otherwise, simply ignore that particular error if it occurs within a few seconds of logging in, and the problem is solved. If i recall correctly, the person in this thread had a script error well after logging in, correct? so in this case it doesnt matter.