Sign in to follow this  
Slayer (DayZ)

US2426 Admins are sore losers

So i am no hacker. Not even once in any game. I was previously enjoying a good run of dayZ, murdering, looting, driving around in a bus. So me and my pal decide to make a stop at the north west airfield when we hear a chopper coming in hot!! they opened fire as we tried to escape. The bus was nearly destroyed so my partner and I ejected from the bus and ran into some trees to hide from the chopper and bandage up. The chopper continued to search as my buddy made a run for it, he was shot with a 50. cal and killed from the ground. I waited 2 minutes and ran to his body to try and spot the sniper. After finding his body and not the sniper i was shot dead. lol i goto respawn and i get a message saying something about being a bitch getting shot by a 50.cal AND im banned. lol my friend was able to stay on the server and receive some short feedback about how i am a hacker "Spirit of the bear" (gamertag). Apparently the admin with the extremely poor shot claims to have shot me in the head without dying, (even though he killed me after). This had been the most extreme admin abuse i have personally witnessed. I am a fair player and have never hacked in any game. Heck i don't even ALT+F4 i die when im supposed to die.

So without a single piece of evidence i was banned from a server and called a hacker because of one admin that is such a poor excuse of a player that they have to ban me to feel better, because he thinks he shot me. I encourage other dayZ players to reconsider playing on a server where you can be banned for an admins poor video game skills. US2426 admins, you are sore losers.

I was banned on "doorman is god" us 5151 for running an admin over with an ATV. Good times.

Edited by Hydra

Isn't that why most people get their own server? To power trip admin..

I was banned on "doorman is god" us 5151 for running an admin over with an ATV. Good times.

lol really? I play on this private hive a lot recently.. Killed a bunch of their clan last night.

Slayer,

As one of the admins on 2426, we did ban you. Keep reading please --

We are not sore losers and in fact, the only reason we hunted you two down was that you killed one of our clan mates. Seems legit to me, so before you come and piss and moan, maybe you should think twice about actions and consequences. Any clan would enact revenge for one of their squad mates.

We appauld you and your friendd for not alt f4-ing, it is truely rare these days to see people NOT do that.

Now about the ban. The only reason we did that was because we saw a script restriction come up and it showed in our logs as a teleportation script. We did some research and it showed just to be a bug on the Battle-eye side of things.

We apologize for any issues this has caused and we took the corrective actions on unban you.

As it may be, you probably wont want to come back to the server, but you are most welcome to.

Forums are terrible for he said she said bullshit, But I promise you it was a mistake on our part and we admit it.

TheChooch

Edited by TheChooch

Slayer,

As one of the admins on 2426, we did ban you. Keep reading please --

We are not sore losers and in fact, the only reason we hunted you two down was that you killed one of our clan mates. Seems legit to me, so before you come and piss and moan, maybe you should think twice about actions and consequences. Any clan would enact revenge for one of their squad mates.

We appauld you and your friendd for not alt f4-ing, it is truely rare these days to see people NOT do that.

Now about the ban. The only reason we did that was because we saw a script restriction come up and it showed in our logs as a teleportation script. We did some research and it showed just to be a bug on the Battle-eye side of things.

We apologize for any issues this has caused and we took the corrective actions on unban you.

As it may be, you probably wont want to come back to the server, but you are most welcome to.

Forums are terrible for he said she said bullshit, But I promise you it was a mistake on our part and we admit it.

TheChooch

Banning players like that on an assumption because script restriction message is pretty shitty like. but at least you appologised for the mistake and rectified things.

• Like 1

As the Admin of 2426 who did in fact ban Spirit, take it from my perspective. First, some background knowledge.

We suffered some serious scripting over the past week or so. I began to research new code that I could throw in our scripts.txt file to try to combat this rampant problem. After reading the Battleye announcement posted to our server, I added this to the scripts.txt file, which Battleye recommended. (post linked here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138736-Introducing-Server-side-Event-Logging-Blocking)

' 5 "SeaGull" '

After he was killed, he was kicked for a script restriction #1 -- Seagull. Taking this as a sign that our new scripts were working, I locally banned him.

Now, maybe I jumped the gun a little too soon (which I did), but think about it. You're looking for revenge upon the people who killed you, and with scripting so easily done, why not? We admins have to fight scripting somehow, and sometimes we make mistakes. We're human, just like you. My adrenaline was pumping, just like yours was.

I did my research, and it's a bug with Battleye. Looks like the Seagull is a holdover from ARMA 2 where if you die, you're able to keep watching the battle as a bird. Spirit has been unbanned from US2426, and I tried to look for a "Spiritofthebear" on the DayZ forums to notify him of my error. However, as you can see, he does not use that name on here.

TL;DR, made a mistake, corrective action has been taken, and he is welcome back on the server.

Just don't expect any freebies! =)

• Like 1

Kyarno, i appreciate your response and unbanning. I do enjoy the server. All i wanted was some restitution and i feel that i have it now. I am not a cheater and all of my kills were legit. I found and repaired the bus legit. So i was a little upset to be called a cheater. The pdw sd was an item i looted when i killed someone. On a lighter note that was probably the most intense dayZ run ive ever had. GG.

• Like 1

Kyarno, i appreciate your response and unbanning. I do enjoy the server. All i wanted was some restitution and i feel that i have it now. I am not a cheater and all of my kills were legit. I found and repaired the bus legit. So i was a little upset to be called a cheater. The pdw sd was an item i looted when i killed someone. On a lighter note that was probably the most intense dayZ run ive ever had. GG.

No worries man, it was a misunderstanding. I'm glad we got this resolved. Hope to see you on again! The bus is around somewhere, looks like someone might have grabbed it.

Good hunting!

Banning players like that on an assumption because script restriction message is pretty shitty like. but at least you appologised for the mistake and rectified things.

I agree but also would like to see the script he claims caused the Ban even though it was a mistake - I am also an Admin and I hate how we always get called and accused of this and that because of the actual Admin Abusers, personally myself and this happened on my Server I would have shown the bad script log as proof (Just my opinion)

I agree but also would like to see the script he claims caused the Ban even though it was a mistake - I am also an Admin and I hate how we always get called and accused of this and that because of the actual Admin Abusers, personally myself and this happened on my Server I would have shown the bad script log as proof (Just my opinion)

It's a server message when someone logs in, I have had it a couple times myself, like Battleye Script restriction #71... i don't know what it means but i log in again and then nothing, works fine.

I absolutely never ban someone because of this message, might take a little interest into their actions but 99% of the time they are just regular players. Must just be some random Battleye problem

i disagree. i say ban possible hackers immediately and if it turns out they arent really hacking then go ahead and unban them.

i disagree. i say ban possible hackers immediately and if it turns out they arent really hacking then go ahead and unban them.

but how can you tell they arn't hackers without them playing. Never jump to assumptions, saves a whole load of grief threads being posted here about how people have been unfairly banned

but how can you tell they arn't hackers without them playing. Never jump to assumptions, saves a whole load of grief threads being posted here about how people have been unfairly banned

the admins of this server in this thread were able to figure it out. and what would you rather see more threads about? people getting banned for no reason or hackers running rampant? i choose the "banned for no reason" threads myself.

It's a server message when someone logs in, I have had it a couple times myself, like Battleye Script restriction #71... i don't know what it means but i log in again and then nothing, works fine.

I absolutely never ban someone because of this message, might take a little interest into their actions but 99% of the time they are just regular players. Must just be some random Battleye problem

I see them also all the time and they get kicked for it on the spot so it didn't make sense that he said he saw the Script error and banned him when Slayer said he was banned upon entering, Slayer would have been kicked with a message saying he was kicked by script but he didn't, he got a message saying he was banned after he was killed. I am glad they have this straightened out though but I am still a little curious, was it a legit error or EVIL ADMINS - (Making Scary Sound) Either way it is nones of my Business :)

• Like 1

the admins of this server in this thread were able to figure it out. and what would you rather see more threads about? people getting banned for no reason or hackers running rampant? i choose the "banned for no reason" threads myself.

After wrongly accusing and banning a player for a Battleye message. I mean at least look up what the Script Issue message meant before banning someone for it, Even though he was unbanned after it was cleared it took a new post to solve that issue.

From my createvehicle log file:

23.09.2012 11:33:03: Spirit of the bear (X9.XXX.183.2X9:2304) 07bXXXXX1e191cec89d7f - #0 "SeaGull" 57:75 [-18688,25929,396]

23.09.2012 11:33:03: Spirit of the bear (X9.XXX.183.2X9:2304) 07bXXXXX1e191cec89d7f - #1 "SeaGull" 57:75 [-18688,25929,396]

The script didn't ban, it kicked. After reading that battleye post I linked earlier, I assumed a script was attempting to be run. After seeing the user being kicked for this, I imposed the local ban.

*Edited IP and GUID for privacy. *

As a side note, I saw Spirit on the server this afternoon.

After wrongly accusing and banning a player for a Battleye message. I mean at least look up what the Script Issue message meant before banning someone for it, Even though he was unbanned after it was cleared it took a new post to solve that issue.

Actually, he was unbanned after I saw that message. I would post my logs to prove so, but the Vilayer interface doesn't seem to keep track of the last bans, as it was updated on August 14th last.

**Edit**

Forgot I brought up the server to ARMA 96895 today, which may have overwritten the files with the Vilayer-issued bans.

Edited by Kyarno

Honestly, admins should pay a little more respect to their players and how to rule in and out hackers. Don't naturally assume that the first shot's will always hit, but try and actually aim.

• Like 1

Actually, he was unbanned after I saw that message. I would post my logs to prove so, but the Vilayer interface doesn't seem to keep track of the last bans, as it was updated on August 14th last.

**Edit**

Forgot I brought up the server to ARMA 96895 today, which may have overwritten the files with the Vilayer-issued bans.

Yes i did noticed you had un-banned him but what i was getting at was you jumping at the gun calling "Hacks". What you did is giving admins a bad name