spawn (DayZ)

loot problems

ok guys whats the go. barracks on Fallujah have no loot I waited 4 hours covering about 25 barracks and all i got was 1 ammo tin and a patrol pack. same thing yesterday but I got an M4, day before that tehre was much more loot. Forget the barracks the habngers have no loot or the control tower or 90% of the buildings. not to mention 97% of the buildings you cant get in to.

also for lingor me and my mate were looking for weaons at the barracks for hours. nothing spawned.

is there something wrong with the spawn rate?

I assume you backed off from the area to let stuff spawn?

You need to be 250m away from the area for a good five mins or more before stuff will spawn. Well...as is my understanding of the mod anyways.

I have had this issue when running straight into a spawn point and not giving it enough time, think it of as this way. When you approach a zed infested place you would not just run blindly into the location, You would sneak in. this would give the area a spawn of gear.

You can try running away again and then back, You will find stuff has spawned.

Use search for spawning items on the main forums page, there are lots who explain it better.

yep i went to the other side of the map and back and not 1 spawn of a tin can. fresh server restart and nothing anywhere in barracks. as for the distance its not true. on the chern map we farmed that for days and would run about 20m away and would get spawns every 5 mins. when we farmed lingor before the problem there would be 4 of us the prison farming all the time. stuff will spawn at your feet as well u just cant loot it till it loads for about 10 secs

I found a server yesterday that literally had no loot dropping, all other servers were find except this one (can not remember the name though). I was on last night and found gear but unfortunately the vilayer hive hates my character and deletes all inventory items on logout.

yeah that could be but this is the same thing on all Fallujah servers. try it and go to the airfield. god luck finding anything

Most of the time in Lingor, stuff spawns under the floor. Learn where loot piles spawn and mouse over them. I find great piles all over the place because people look at the floor and assume the loot spawns are broken. Just a graphical bug.