Sign in to follow this  
cevune

A question on the relation of arma profiles and day z characters

I'll make an introductory segment here on why exactly I'm asking. If it doesn't interest you, the question in and of itself will be in a separate block of text under this.

While playing dayZ, I tend to coordinate with friends to the degree of joint signing in and out. Yet I tend to play a tad more than the others and would still like to solo around chenarus to get a better feel for the landscape without compromising my ability to operate with my friends when we decide to get on together. Also, sometimes I'd like to let my more skeptical buddies get a sort of "try before buy", since I'm almost certain after they experience the game they'll pick it up and join us at the first available moment. To this end my arma game is set up with multiple sub profiles, which ultimately sets up my question.

Are day Z characters saved according to arma 2 profile, or steam account/CD key? in other words, if i switch from arma profile A to arma profile B, will i still load the character I use cooperatively, will that character be erased in place of a new one, or will they both exist as separate entities, both accessible at will? (for clarity, I'm NOT trying to get two profiles from one account working simultaneously, I'm only trying to make a sort of solo play character and a co-op play character for myself)

Edited by cevune

On the public hive, you will have a single DayZ character which is tied to your CD key, not your Arma profile. On the private hives it depends how it is set up. Some of them are "character per server" and some of them are "character per group of servers".

None of them are tied to separate Arma profiles.

On the public hive, you will have a single DayZ character which is tied to your CD key, not your Arma profile. On the private hives it depends how it is set up. Some of them are "character per server" and some of them are "character per group of servers".

None of them are tied to separate Arma profiles.

Alrighty then. Thank you :)