Sign in to follow this  
SteveZGaming

(Official DayZ Cold Nights Thread) Episode 4 OUT NOW!!!

You Must Overcome To Survive This World...

Welcome to the OFFICIAL "DayZ Cold Nights" Thread...

All update regarding to the series will be posted on this Thread!

Indulge in an experience like none other seen before. DayZ Cold Nights puts you in the shoes of Steve Mconoway, an ex-cop who was sent to the island of Chernarus to investigate mysterious reporting's called in by island villagers. He and four others were sent to the island. As they arrive no communication can be received from the NW Airfield. Soon there plane crashes and all five are split up. Steve is knocked out and awakes on a beach. As he moves out to find the plane and his friends he discovers a new type of horror. An original series coming to you first on SteveZ's channel.

This is DayZ Cold Nights...

Link to Trailer-

https://www.youtube....h?v=FScrxPENpNU

Link to Trailer 2-

https://www.youtube....h?v=txZyzWDXFr0

Coming July 1, 2012

Watch it on my channel when it is posted during the mid-afternoon.

This place changes you, forever.

*Season 1 will run until December

Most Recent EPISODE LINKS:

Episode 4-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8YFti4ABvQ

Thank you all for watching so far!

(Episodes expected to run from 10-13 min. each)

Schedule Index:

Trailer 2-OUT NOW

Episode 1 Part 1"Lost"- OUT NOW

Episode 1 Part 2 "Everything Dies"- OUT NOW

Episode 2 "A Course of Action"-OUT NOW

Episode 3 "To The West"-OUT NOW

Episode 4 "EVOLVE"- OUT NOW

Episode 5 "Unknown Presence"- Filming

Episode 6 "Bill"- Filming

Episode 7 "Friendly in Cherno?"-???

Episode 8 "Through the Gates of Hell"-???

Episode 9 "All Hail the King"-???

Episode 10 "A Half Measure"-???

Episode 11 "Forest"-???

Episode 12 "A Kingdom appears"-???

Episode 13 "A Place Called NW"-???

Episode 14 "Revealed"-???

Episode 15 "Full Measure"-???

Episode 16 "Already Dead"-???

Episode 17 "A Way Out"-???

Episode 18 "Over the Hill"-???

-More To Be Announced-

Directors Note:

*Enjoying the release

Series Note:

*Episodes 1-2 OUT NOW!!!

DayZ Standoff Video-

Part 1:

https://www.youtube....h?v=TWbFLyf_wZg

Part 2:

https://www.youtube....h?v=dvqk269Btcc

Credits for everyone on the project:

SteveZ

Aeon

Gavin

John

Joel

Josh

Nexus

*More cast to join soon*

Edited by Leveluptime

*Note this is not the Lame, terrible, and stupid Teaser everyone has seen already. This is a completely fresh Trailer that has been fixed and primed for its release.*

Lies.

*Note this is not the Lame' date=' terrible, and stupid Teaser everyone has seen already. This is a completely fresh Trailer that has been fixed and primed for its release.*[/quote']

Lies.

Thank you sir for responding. I am not for sure how to respond to this comment without any feedback from you. Could I ask what was wrong with the trailer in your opinion?

Well i can't even see it. *User has removed it*

Very sorry for this' date=' for some reason the video was put down off of the channel. Should be uploaded within the hour.

[hr']

The link to the trailer has been fixed and should now work.

I hate to break it to you but this still needs an absolute tonne of work... it honestly looks like it was made very poorly by a child.

The sound cuts out when you're speaking, your spelling is AWFUL, poor usage of the text screens and they're also way too plain, the story doesn't really grab you and the actual footage you've used doesn't exactly have much of a cinematic feel to it at all, especially with the icons and chat showing.

Sorry.

I hate to break it to you but this still needs an absolute tonne of work... it honestly looks like it was made very poorly by a child.

The sound cuts out when you're speaking' date=' your spelling is AWFUL, poor usage of the text screens and they're also way too plain, the story doesn't really grab you and the actual footage you've used doesn't exactly have much of a cinematic feel to it at all, especially with the icons and chat showing.

Sorry.

[/quote']

Thank you for your feedback, yes it still does need a lot of work, that is the reason I pushed the series release to July 1, 2012. But I should have some friends on board and I am trying to get people to join in to add more of a cinematic feel to it. The story will be more revealed in the next trailer, this one was in a way a puzzle or a mystery in a way. Spelling is an issue yes, and I am at the moment trying to find more interesting text screens. But thank you for noticing all of that, its a great big help. People like you shape the way this series will be presented in the end. Thank you very much sir!

Best,

SteveZ

*On a side note, the reason it looks like it was made very poorly is because I am using Roxio Game Capture's editing software. But soon I will be getting Sony Vegas's editing tools. Reason why I don't have it yet is because I had no idea this project was going to happen.

I liked the script itself, and a pretty good attempt at doing the voice acting itself. I think many people underestimate how hard that is. I'm certainly no expert, so many things to balance: pacing, tone, diction, emotion. Then the same applies to putting it all together.

Good on you for getting in there and putting the content up there. Each video will get better and better, easier and easier. Look forward to seeing more!

I liked the script itself' date=' and a pretty good attempt at doing the voice acting itself. I think many people underestimate how hard that is. I'm certainly no expert, so many things to balance: pacing, tone, diction, emotion. Then the same applies to putting it all together.

Good on you for getting in there and putting the content up there. Each video will get better and better, easier and easier. Look forward to seeing more!

[/quote']

Mr. Rocket, thank you so much for your comment. It means a lot to me and will make me work even harder on the project. The series is really putting all the elements of DayZ and making them into something that feels like an actually TV show. Again thank you very much sir.

Best,

SteveZ

Mr. Rocket' date=' thank you so much for your comment. It means a lot to me and will make me work even harder on the project. The series is really putting all the elements of DayZ and making them into something that feels like an actually TV show. Again thank you very much sir.

Best,

SteveZ

[/quote']

It's not easy! I am hoping to work with some of the streamer and machinima guys to make DayZ better support the creation of videos. Hopefully that helps.

But keep at it, no matter what anyone says. Just make sure each step is a better one than the one before :)

I think I'm a good team player and I'm a person of great honesty to others. Brothers and sisters, something we can explore

together, is not it, lately I've been thinking aboutplaying the game, a bit addicted to them.

Let`s write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days".

buy wow gold

I think I'm a good team player and I'm a person of great honesty to others. Brothers and sisters' date=' something we can explore

together, is not it, lately I've been thinking aboutplaying the game, a bit addicted to them.

Let`s write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days".

buy wow gold

If I am reading this right, is this reply about Next Mondays recording for the second trailer? Please correct me if I am wrong. But if that was what you meant then I am happy to know you will be on board. Everyone who joins will get credit in the first episode and the description of the trailer!

Best,

SteveZ

It's a good first effort, and definitly ambitious. Thumbs up for creating!

I do have a few suggestions though.

Chat's spamminess is incredibly diminished since you filmed this video, which is a good thing for us filmmaker. To further help with that, I'd recommend finding a server that offers NO chat messages about player deaths. There are servers that offer basically NO chat messages, use those to cut down even further on chat marring your shots.

Secondly, try playing around with cropping your video to get rid of the UI. It's a passable solution at best, but if you plan ahead you can usually counter any of the negatives you might find.

Also, you really need to spell check your text. This is an incredibly easy and quick thing to do. You could paste it into Google, or use a free program like OpenOffice, or even just use an online tool like SpellCheck.net to help find and fix any misspellings.

As far as the audio goes, I think you should try to go for a more natural sound for your narration. I understand what you're trying to do with the voice acting, but I honestly think in its current form it takes more away from the video than it adds to it.

There is a free audio program called Audacity that gives you a ton of options for editing sound files. Try messing around with the effects to change pitch, tone, and speed. Also, the program offers a few options that can help you deal with lowering/deleting the "popping" that comes from speaking too closely to the microphone. Or, you could just make a homemade pop screen for cheap.

Hopefully you find some of these suggestion helpful and I hope to see more work from you soon.

It's a good first effort' date=' and definitly ambitious. Thumbs up for creating!

I do have a few suggestions though.

Chat's spamminess is incredibly diminished since you filmed this video, which is a good thing for us filmmaker. To further help with that, I'd recommend finding a server that offers NO chat messages about player deaths. There are servers that offer basically NO chat messages, use those to cut down even further on chat marring your shots.

Secondly, try playing around with cropping your video to get rid of the UI. It's a passable solution at best, but if you plan ahead you can usually counter any of the negatives you might find.

Also, you really need to spell check your text. This is an incredibly easy and quick thing to do. You could paste it into Google, or use a free program like OpenOffice, or even just use an online tool like SpellCheck.net to help find and fix any misspellings.

As far as the audio goes, I think you should try to go for a more natural sound for your narration. I understand what you're trying to do with the voice acting, but I honestly think in its current form it takes more away from the video than it adds to it.

There is a free audio program called Audacity that gives you a ton of options for editing sound files. Try messing around with the effects to change pitch, tone, and speed. Also, the program offers a few options that can help you deal with lowering/deleting the "popping" that comes from speaking too closely to the microphone. Or, you could just make a homemade pop screen for cheap.

Hopefully you find some of these suggestion helpful and I hope to see more work from you soon.

This is the best comment I have ever gotten. You have just changed a lot about the production, and I thank you very much. Now I can really fix a lot of things in the video. I actually have gotten a new video editor that should work a million times better. I am at the moment looking into a lot of the suggestions you suggested. Thank you for that comment, it is truly amazing!

Best,

SteveZ

*Also could you tell me of some servers with no chat, even no DM if possible, it would be much appreciated!

*UPDATE:

Hello everyone, this is a quick update regarding to next weeks filming. The date and time were set, but the server is still in consideration.

(Server will be on Atlanta 29)

Thanks to everyone who has watched the trailer so far and I hope to see you all next Monday for the filming of the second trailer!

Best,

SteveZ

When you can join us-

June 18, 2012

1/12c

Atlanta 29-Veteran/3rd Person ON/Ch off

*UPDATE:

Hello everyone' date=' this is a quick update regarding to next weeks filming. The date and time were set, but the server is still in consideration.

Thanks to everyone who has watched the trailer so far and I hope to see you all next Monday for the filming of the second trailer!

Best,

SteveZ

When you can join us-

June 18, 2012

1/12c

[/quote']

*UPDATE:

Today, June 16, 2012, we are filming the first episode in the afternoon. It will all take place on Atlanta 29! If anyone is interested in joining I only need two people for the last minute of the episode. Then those two people who join will get to be in the second episode.

*Reply this thread and I will PM you on more information regarding the filming! Hope to see you all there.

*UPDATE:

Hello everyone' date=' this is a quick update regarding to next weeks filming. The date and time were set, but the server is still in consideration.

Best,

SteveZ

When you can join us-

June 18, 2012

1/12c

[/quote']

*UPDATE:

Today, June 16, 2012, we are filming the first episode in the afternoon. It will all take place on Atlanta 29! If anyone is interested in joining I only need two people for the last minute of the episode. Then those two people who join will get to be in the second episode.

*Reply this thread and I will PM you on more information regarding the filming! Hope to see you all there.

Filming is going to be late tonight, I already have a few people on board, but I do hope to see everyone next Monday for the theatrical trailer 2! Episode 1 "Lost" is still set to release on July 1, 2012.

Best,

SteveZ

REMINDER:

CANCELLED

IN less than ONE hour we will begin filming the Theatrical Trailer 2 on Atlanta 29, communication will most likely be on Steam and the meet up location will be near Otmel....When I get about three people we will go ahead and film the first episode then move onto the trailer, filming will go on all day! Hope to see everyone there!

Best,

SteveZ

Why did you have to try do a Christian Bale in Batman vocal :(

(please note; more of a dig at Christian Bale than anything)

Why did you have to try do a Christian Bale in Batman vocal :(

(please note; more of a dig at Christian Bale than anything)

That was really only meant for that trailer, I can assure that the real series will be more smoother voice acting and will not sound like Christian Bale...

Best,

SteveZ

I really liked it. People are always just looking for things to hate. I watched the trailer with an open mind, not expecting movie theater worthy quality and I loved it. Looking forward to the first episode.

I really liked it. People are always just looking for things to hate. I watched the trailer with an open mind' date=' not expecting movie theater worthy quality and I loved it. Looking forward to the first episode.

[/quote']

Thank you, today I will be posting my Tuesday commentary, but today I will discussing the schedule's and how things are going to work, plus who is involved in the project. Actually I just updated our schedule and the first episode will be a 2-part 20 minute season premiere...

Best,

SteveZ

NEW UPDATE VIDEO:

Hello everyone, I have just released Tuesday's commentary video. It mainly talks about the months ahead of us, and how this project will improve or evolve. Great video if you want a few updates on the project, thank you all for your great support!

Best,

SteveZ

Link to the update video-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjumyvcdaMI