Sign in to follow this  
vfig

Bean Coast—free map app for iOS

Announcing the first release of Bean Coast, a free map of DayZ for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad:

http://beancoastapp.com/

post-1876-0-39899700-1348438063_thumb.pn

I've put a whole lot of love into this app, as my goal is for it to be the best map to use as you play. It's got a high quality, zoomable map in multiple resolutions, and user-selectable POI markers for over 20 different types of buildings. You can search for any town or named landmark to jump straight to it, or use 6 digit grid references for other locations. One unique feature is the measurement tool, which gives you estimtes of travel time on foot for long distances, or a pretty accurate rangefinder when zoomed in.

It's a free app, with no strings attached. Please try it out and let me know what you think!

—vfig

Edited by vfig
  • Like 14

really beautifully done. the love shows. you have my beans - thanks.

Wow this is great dude! I don't have an iPhone sadly, but if I did I would definitely use it! It would save me a lot of hassle having to Alt-tab to a map.

Really great app mate, especially like that you can check distances/time it will take. Will definitely be using this the next time I'm on.

I downloaded it, I love it I think it's an amazing idea since not everybody has 2 monitor to avoid alt tabing, but I believe it would be nice if you added the debug plains, on the iPhone/iTouch version you can't measure the distance between elektro and the nwaf but everything else in it is amazing

Still no love for windows phone. :(

Sorry, mate. I don't have a windows phone myself; I built it for what I use.

Sorry, mate. I don't have a windows phone myself; I built it for what I use.

Oh no, that was just my tears of sadness for WP7. Carry on android\IOS\whateveryouuse.

Dayzdb viewing on iphone or ipad is rendered useless. Even on a fast Wifi The IOS devices read JS way too slow which leads to lag. If something is native it runs faster.

Thats why some web applications are good and some are useless for mobile devices.

Downloading bean coast! Thanks heaps!

I have an old iPad gathering dust.

Is this download available anywhere?