albinl

When are helicopters coming back?

So i just struggled for hours with my friend finding all the parts needed to fix a helicopter. Then we went to find the airfield and ran around the airfields for hours trying to find a dam helicopter just to find out they don't spawn anymore. So we thought we would wait until they came back to the game to login and repair it. Anyone know when they come back? next 1.7.1 update?

LAND vehicles were enabled on all servers. The vast majority of servers still have not had helicopters enabled on them.

What I'm trying to say is that there's no way for them to "come back" so to speak because they were never there in the first place.

LAND vehicles were enabled on all servers. The vast majority of servers still have not had helicopters enabled on them.

What I'm trying to say is that there's no way for them to "come back" so to speak because they were never there in the first place.

There where on almost every server i went to.

yeah please can we have these put back on the servers, i was under the impression when the vehicles were added last week, the helicoptors were there as well..

thanks

So i just struggled for hours with my friend finding all the parts needed to fix a helicopter. Then we went to find the airfield and ran around the airfields for hours trying to find a dam helicopter just to find out they don't spawn anymore. So we thought we would wait until they came back to the game to login and repair it. Anyone know when they come back? next 1.7.1 update?

For future reference' date=' helicopters [i']can spawn at airfields, but airfields aren't necessarily the best place to look for them.

Yeah they do spawn in other locations i.e. Rog castle roof and Cherno north hospital although they're normally gone pretty quickly when vehicles reset

so when are they enabled again? do you think they are back in the next update?

Im waiting for them to be enabled on the server i play on too.

I have 1 ursal, 1 lr, 1 hilux and two dirt bikes. we go out every day to known choppers spawns to look, nothing. No one owns any either on the server so they havent even spawned which sucks. Hope its not too long now...

I also heard that vehicles (All vehicles, even land), were only enabled on a portion of the servers, not all of them. Not sure if this is accurate or not but it came from a pretty reliable source.

I wasn't aware that heli's are not around.

I've seen two in the 100hours ive played...

fixed one...but had the leaking gas bug.. It was pretty fun for the little while we had it :)

Ive seen one in very bad shape near NE air field...broken roater and no feul.

I think ive seen fly over me in the sky but it may of been a hacked one..because it looked very different from the others ive seen.

I recently saw the E3 interview with Rocket - from memory vehicles have been enabled on only 50 or so servers out of the many that are out there. Apparently there are 'issues' with them.

I think the issues is when there are lots of people in the vehicle it will cause the yellow link indicating lag, This atleast is what i've noticed when there are four of us driving around 110mp/h on the road.

Since this is a Vehicle questioning thread, when do vehicles respawn after someone, maybe i, let them explode by driving with broken engine.... xD ?

The initial plan to fully release the vehicles caused major sync issues. When a vehicle takes damage it has to register with the main server, which wasn't accustomed to the delay that we have on DayZ servers.

I guess they're slowly leaking them back out on the 50 servers like Dean mentioned at E3 so they can adjust it as needed and hopefully nail it in the next patch so all servers can have vehicles without causing the main server to freak out.

That's what I got out of it anyway.

Since this is a Vehicle questioning thread' date=' when do vehicles respawn after someone, maybe i, let them explode by driving with broken engine.... xD ?

[/quote']

Yeah, I'm not sure that anyone is aware of a definite respawn time. I do know that the vehicles no longer respawn at last save point like they used to. To my knowledge they all spawn at the original location where they were found. Again though, a timeline on this is unknown.

I've found all of the parts needed for it and put it in my (already fixed) pickup with a buddy of mine and we've found a broken down one in the middle of nowhere on a field somwhere between the forrest, if you are looking for a server with Heli's enabled just filter you servers with "big" and you will see a server with Hel's enabled in the MOTD.

Enjoy!

our fixed up workin heli's vanished after the vehicle update, alot of time and effort was wasted.

Not something we are overly impressed with.

Our server no longer spawns them, so fuck knows.

Hope this patch fixes some of the lag so we can get choppers added back in.

So it is officially confirmed choppers have not spawned with the latest vehicle server patch?

p.s.: Btw, does anyone know the exact location of the chopper spawn at Pobeda Dam? Apparently it's west of Pobeda, but can't tell for certain where exactly. Thanks for the answers.

* [FIXED] Unable to repair helicopter fuel leak (repair all parts to 95% or above and fuel leak will stop)

in the 1.7.1.4 patch notes, does this mean they are back? :D

So it is officially confirmed choppers have not spawned with the latest vehicle server patch?

p.s.: Btw' date=' does anyone know the exact location of the chopper spawn at Pobeda Dam? Apparently it's west of Pobeda, but can't tell for certain where exactly. Thanks for the answers.

[/quote']

doesnt spawn there often but if u went to the dam u can't miss it.