General Maximus

Looking for a true zombie survival experience?

I've been staying out of contributing towards a public argument. But this is now way too blatant for me to not pipe up.

I got home and I just opened their pbo. Wow, you didn't even hide it. It's so painfully obvious that all you did was tear open my pbos and start customizing from there. In other words, you stole literally every line of code I wrote.

The people who are shouting that I don't own ideas are spot on correct. However, they do not understand why I am angry. I am not angry that RangerZ has chloroform, flipping vehicles, combat log mechanics. That's fine. I encourage people to take my ideas and write THEIR OWN code to implement them. After all, I think my ideas are the best ways to do things. Why should I require that someone find a substandard idea? But DON'T COPY MY CODE. WRITE YOUR OWN CODE.

It was originally claimed to me that didn't copy a single line and just used my mod as a learning tool/reference.

You keep acting like my server copy pasted your code... And I have told you several time they used it as a learning tool and created their own.

You're right, they didn't "copy paste". They didn't even put in that much effort. They just opened them right up and starting using 100% of my code line-for-line. Even the basic loot tables are precisely as I had them.

I await their explanation for this. (Yes, I'm posting portions of my code. This is for the purposes of demonstrating RangerZ's theft and is not license to just steal it line-for-line. (Normally I wouldn't feel the need to state the obvious, but apparently everything is fair game for RangerZ to steal unless you explicitly shake your finger at the person otherwise.)

Every... single... file, is 100% verbatim character-for-character line-for-line exactly how my mod is with the exception of where they custom tweaked their arrays for custom loot percentages and other miscellaneous bull shit. They did NOT "use it as a learning tool" and write their own code. If they did that, then I would have nothing to complain about. If I found parts of my code in their code, I'd be angry. But I'm finding that verbatim entire code files are 1:1 exactly like mine, because they just opened my code straight up and stole everything right out of the gate.

How can you justify this?

rangerz1.png

rangerz2.png

rangerz3.png

rangerz4.png

• Like 5

I've been eager to see the comparison in code. That's really pathetic don't you think Maximus? It's evident you lack integrity and that you've yet to understand the big picture.

Do you understand someone took the time to implement these changes where other people aren't? He coded this himself and you took all his hard work without giving him proper credit and now you're audacious enough to argue instead of just admit you're a piece of shit scum bag who couldn't do the work himself.

why don't you just remove the stolen code and move along? you've posted numerous times that you would be happy to, yet you have not.

• Like 1

Also you can't put ownership on ideas, while yes your code got used saying that you OWN those ideas is wrong.

hahhahaha haha hah aahhoo hohoh hoh hhaa... hummmmm...

You need to grow up and learn how the world works dude.

I was a moderator on a train simulator forum a few years back and the community was ruined by people taking others code from free 3D models, textures and sound files and using it without permission. Model authors removed whole blocks of their work from the server library because they were sick of thieves "showing their admiration by copying" their work.

Its stealing. Its morally wrong. Do you understand that?

The way it works is for others to show respect to original works by contacting the author and asking permission. How hard is that? How much stronger is any community when that happens?

People need to think before they act. Or write unhelpful forum posts.

• Like 1

id like to join this server. what do i have to do?

Pay them money to play on a server that uses stolen code. If you want to play a very similar mod for free, go here:

http://forums.dayzredux.com/

Hey, Maximus, banning people who complain from your forums. You've stolen Sergey's ideas too!

Edited by Digby
  • Like 1

Sergey...lol :) Perhaps maximus IS Sergey!

Edited by ToxicSludge
  • Like 1

Any room left to try this server out? Do I need to download anything or is it just like the modifications they use on BlissHive etc

Like I said, they don't pay for the mod, they pay for server cost because we do a lot behind the scenes.

Regardless of what they are paying for. You are having them pay for a server that is running stolen code without permission from its author. So yes they are paying for the mod as the server is running it.

Again, make your stuff private so you can avoid this type of thing in the future. You have it for public download. My members asked for it so i gave it to them. Had there been some type of formal way to get (because it was private) then sure i would have gone through all the proccesses to get it. The fact that you didnt makes it open to anyone and everyone call me what you want or label me this and that, I am not concerend with this. Just know that your mod was taken from public domain, given credit, and used.

At SurviveDayZ, everyone has to register to even see everything. But you can download. Also you cant make the client PBOs private. Whatever can be done to the code, can be undone.

There is a way to protect it. Make it private until someone REGISTERS on your forums and is ACCEPTED by admins. This way only people who are authorized to be on the server can have the files. It's really not that hard. Like i said, i have no issue asking for it, the fact that it was made public gave me access to it to give it to everyone else.

Regardless if its public, if you know someone else made it. Give them credit or at least dont be a complete ass and not PM.

Shady shady. You should be working on WarZ

So true

Sergey...lol :) Perhaps maximus IS Sergey!

Whole reason why I wont play WarZ. Because he owns War Inc which ruined completely and WarZ will follow in suite.

• Like 1

General Maximus

Last Active: Oct 24 2012 11:58 PM - aw... did ya get tired of propping up this blatant rip-off??

Edited by poMONKey

Now Venthos is accusing Rocket of stealing HIS code. Why doesn't he just give up like he is threatening to do? No one will miss his self righteousness or his precious mod.

Now Venthos is accusing Rocket of stealing HIS code. Why doesn't he just give up like he is threatening to do? No one will miss his self righteousness or his precious mod.

That was quickly clarified with some PMs and Venthos is getting credited. Because you know, he loves DayZ, and the guys who lifted half the code to add it to the official update weren't complete and royal cunts when they were notified of that.