General Maximus

Looking for a true zombie survival experience?

Profit? We ask for only enough to cover server fee, that is all. Trust me if I wanted profit I would not charge a whopping 2dollars. And I'm the kid? Ok "pomonkey" is it? Lol move along.

Down to making fun of a screen name, eh? Kids ... :thumbsup:

At least your users now know what they are paying good money for, supporting a bunch of no talent, thieving hacks.

Perhaps now they'll come play the real thing where you can play for free.

Like I said, quit crying, make your code private and you CAN avoid this type of thing. We DON'T need your code, its just nice to have

I will quote Venthos on this, which he was going to post before you banned him from replying:

The fact that the ARMA2 mod system doesn't permit for protecting mods does not make it any less of a case of theft. If I had the option, it would've been protected so that situations like this could not happen. I *have* to provide the client pbos to have people play it. I have no other realistic option. You are essentially acting on the same principles as Vilayer, just at a singular level. Do you agree with their recent theft of other developers maps/mods? You must, since it's verbatim what you're doing.

And as for your suggestion:

We have no problem removing it, we had a great community before your code came and we'll still have a great community after its gone. We are only trying to make a great experience for all those who play dayz, nothing more, and nothing less

This "experience" you describe is exactly what we are all spending our time and effort on, and blatant copying of our work really puts a damper on things. The removal of our code from your rebranded Rangerz Mod would be a step in the right direction for everyone in the community.

Edited by xpletive

At least your users now know what they are paying good money for, supporting a bunch of no talent, thieving hacks.

Perhaps now they'll come play the real thing where you can play for free.

Like I said, they don't pay for the mod, they pay for server cost because we do a lot behind the scenes. They ask, and we give, We never said we created our mod from scratch, we told them from the start that it was from Redux. I'm not sure how else to put it, and you guys can tell them to go play it for free, But that's what YOU don't get, they are NOT paying for Redux, they are paying for server upkeep as I feel the admins always go above and beyond for them to make sure their game play is amazing.

I will quote Venthos on this, which he was going to post before you banned him from replying:

And as for your suggestion:

This "experience" you describe is exactly what we are all spending our time and effort on, and blatant copying of our work really puts a damper on things. The removal of our code from your rebranded Rangerz Mod would be a step in the right direction for everyone in the community.

Again their "experience" was great before your mod came in, and will continue as such when your mod is gone.

Like I said, they don't pay for the mod, they pay for server cost because we do a lot behind the scenes. They ask, and we give, We never said we created our mod from scratch, we told them from the start that it was from Redux. I'm not sure how else to put it, and you guys can tell them to go play it for free, But that's what YOU don't get, they are NOT paying for Redux, they are paying for server upkeep as I feel the admins always go above and beyond for them to make sure their game play is amazing.

Technicalities, it's doesn't matter where the money goes, the fact is money changes hands for your users to play 'your' mod.

Venthos does everything you mentioned above and he does it out of his own pocket, for the love of it and for the community he has created.

Grow some talent and do your own coding, stealing others work without permission is the lowest of the low and at least now your users know the truth.

Technicalities, it's doesn't matter where the money goes, the fact is money changes hands for your users to play 'your' mod.

Venthos does everything you mentioned above and he does it out of his own pocket, for the love of it and for the community he has created.

Grow some talent and do your own coding, stealing others work without permission is the lowest of the low and at least now your users know the truth.

Again, make your stuff private so you can avoid this type of thing in the future. You have it for public download. My members asked for it so i gave it to them. Had there been some type of formal way to get (because it was private) then sure i would have gone through all the proccesses to get it. The fact that you didnt makes it open to anyone and everyone call me what you want or label me this and that, I am not concerend with this. Just know that your mod was taken from public domain, given credit, and used.

Again, make your stuff private so you can avoid this type of thing in the future. You have it for public download. My members asked for it so i gave it to them. Had there been some type of formal way to get (because it was private) then sure i would have gone through all the proccesses to get it. The fact that you didnt makes it open to anyone and everyone call me what you want or label me this and that, I am not concerend with this. Just know that your mod was taken from public domain, given credit, and used.

The difference between a download link being public or "private" has absolutely no impact on the structure of the PBO and how client-side code that is distributed is easily unpacked and examined. Your argument that just because you can download the file, that you are entitled to what it's composed of has ZERO validity.

Or perhaps people could do the decent thing and ask the creators permission first?

If there was a way for Vent to protect his work, don't you think he would have done so? The files need to be in the public domain for users to download and play the mod so your justification for your theft is as hollow as 'your' mod.

I guess decency is too much to ask from you.

• Like 1

There is a way to protect it. Make it private until someone REGISTERS on your forums and is ACCEPTED by admins. This way only people who are authorized to be on the server can have the files. It's really not that hard. Like i said, i have no issue asking for it, the fact that it was made public gave me access to it to give it to everyone else.

And how would that stop thieving asshats like yourself from registering to get the files anyway?

Just give up, there is no justification for what you have done.

I'm done with giving your thread any more bumps and free publicity, I'll let it die now that everyone is aware of your theft and lack of moral fibre.

Edited by RedNome

Like i said, i have no issue asking for it, the fact that it was made public gave me access to it to give it to everyone else.

Legitimize all day, little man ... if you had no issue asking for it, why didnt you?

Are you teaching Venthos a lesson in what kids do when ppl dont lock their doors??

Edited by poMONKey

And how would that stop thieving asshats like yourself from registering to get the files anyway?

Just give up, there is no justification for what you have done.

I'm done with giving your thread any more bumps and free publicity, I'll let it die now that everyone is aware of your theft and lack of moral fibre.

Like i said, you would keep "asshats" like myself from joining your forum by making sure anyone who joined your forum sends you a PM via skype or steam or however you want. This way you know who is supposed to be there and who isn't. Again simple stuff. Again why put something on PUBLIC space and then cry when someone takes it? Pomonkey this is what I am trying to get across.

Hey shitlord, how about asking for permission before using others work and charging money for using it in your own shit-mix of stolen code?

Again not charging a fee for your mod, not charging a fee for OUR mod, we are simply charging a fee for server cost. Our owner could not do it anymore and thus left it on us. We decided to all pitch in together. This will be the last time I post this since you obviously can't read the multiple times I already have.

Legitimize all day, little man ... if you had no issue asking for it, why didnt you?

Are you teaching Venthos a lesson in what kids do when ppl dont lock their doors??

I drive a 90 wrangler with no locks on the doors and a softtop (when they're on). It is my own fault if I leave something in there and it gets taken. Would it be nice if I could leave my stuff in there without worrying? Yes it would, but in our society it won't happen.

It is on the owner to protect his property.

Also you can't put ownership on ideas, while yes your code got used saying that you OWN those ideas is wrong.

• Like 1

Keep blaming others for your own faggotry. There is something called morality.

Thank you for one of the dumbest things I have ever read. You, sir, are a true wit!

• Like 1

There is a way to protect it. Make it private until someone REGISTERS on your forums and is ACCEPTED by admins. This way only people who are authorized to be on the server can have the files. It's really not that hard. Like i said, i have no issue asking for it, the fact that it was made public gave me access to it to give it to everyone else.

This is an issue of morals, not "protection". The files are no different whether they are released upon forum registration or are able to be downloadable prior. The moral issue here is, you never made a single attempt to contact the creator of the mod. You simply downloaded the files, and had your way with them. Just because it didn't require a forum registration makes NO DIFFERENCE how you treated the code as your own. Please show me where exactly in this thread you've given Redux credit? Or on your official release log? http://rangerz.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=afb656a160dd1935148084b7dcd25cad

The biggest contradiction here is, this comes at a time when we were planning on releasing our server pbo's and keys to select administrators that would respect the core vision of what we are working on every day and run their own Redux servers as both our EU and US servers are at capacity. Had you made a single attempt to contact us prior to cannibalizing the changes we worked so hard on this could have been a very different scenario.

Edited by xpletive
  • Like 3

I drive a 90 wrangler with no locks on the doors and a softtop (when they're on). It is my own fault if I leave something in there and it gets taken. Would it be nice if I could leave my stuff in there without worrying? Yes it would, but in our society it won't happen.

It is on the owner to protect his property.

Also you can't put ownership on ideas, while yes your code got used saying that you OWN those ideas is wrong.

:lol: - nice "logic" ... and shiny ignorance. Shhhh now ... time to go back to sleep.

Like i said, you would keep "asshats" like myself from joining your forum by making sure anyone who joined your forum sends you a PM via skype or steam or however you want. This way you know who is supposed to be there and who isn't. Again simple stuff. Again why put something on PUBLIC space and then cry when someone takes it? Pomonkey this is what I am trying to get across.

Its obvious you're a shameless opportunist ... you've learned well how this selfish, lazy, back-stabbing world works. Just one of the heard ... :murder: pop pop!

WHAT? WHAT THE HECK IS A PATENT THEN? WHAT IS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY? Hell yes you can put ownership on ideas. If you create code then yes, you own it. That's why people are able to sell video games for god's sake.

--- asked to remove ---

Edited by termhn

WHAT? WHAT THE HECK IS A PATENT THEN? WHAT IS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY? Hell yes you can put ownership on ideas. If you create code then yes, you own it. That's why people are able to sell video games for god's sake.

Code yes. The idea of it? No. Just because he added chloroform to HIS server doesn't mean he OWNS the idea of having chloroform in the game. Flip vehicle? First in Takistan Life. Basically you are saying he OWNS all these idea, in which case you are incredibly mistaken.

Maximus nor I received one email before this turned into a massive flameware. (Yes we banned Venthos and all his followers from his forums)(Yes his post is STILL on our forums)

Personally I could care less what you or anyone else says. You have your unwavering point of view as does everyone on the other side. The fact is you guys are so caught up in your shit, that you don't even realize how pointless this flame war is.

No amount of arguing or shit posting is going to change either sides opinion. None of us care about what you say, or the bad "PR" you try to give us. Regardless we will be playing the game and not wasting anymore of OUR time replying to your posts.

EDIT- Honestly the features aren't even THAT game changing. Flip vehicle? I've never used it since putting in. Chloroform? I have yet to use it. Combat Log? If you really need this for a player then they shouldn't be on our server in the first place. Vehicle Inspection? http://dayzprivate.c...216.msg993.html. I'm happy with our modified tables since THAT is what was killing vanilla DayZ.

EDIT-LAST POST FROM ANYONE FROM RANGERZ REGARDING THIS ISSUE. You guys can continue your asinine attempt at white knighting but in doing so know that I am laughing at your wasted time.

Edited by Hobo_with_a_ak