Sign in to follow this  
Grotgar

Teleported to an empty island

Hello!

While me and my friend was playing on a server it suddenly teleported everybody to an empty island so everybody would get killed. Me and my friend decided to just disconnect because we don't want to die because of this douche admin on that server. Now when we try to join another server we spawn on this island with no way to swim back. We are still very new to this game and would like to ask for help. Maybe there is a way to teleport? Or perhaps somebody has a server we could join to get teleported back. We don't want our characters to die (eventhough we don't have awesome gear) because of a troll admin.

Please help, if somebody know how we can teleport back.

Shoot each others legs so they break and then kill yourselves. Even if you tried to swim back I think you would die from thirst/famine before you made it and it would only serve to waste hours of your time.

Yes.

Killing yourselves is the better option.

The gear you have now can easily be replaced by new and better gear withing one hour.

We don't want our characters to die (eventhough we don't have awesome gear) because of a troll admin.

I think you misunderstood the reason of this thread.

I think you misunderstood the reason of this thread.

I did understand. I just didn't see the point, so I suggested a better solution.

• Like 1

Well, the only reason I made the thread is because I'm hoping to find somebody who is an admin on a server or a kind soul with a helicopter. We understand that killing ourselves is a solution.

Well, the only reason I made the thread is because I'm hoping to find somebody who is an admin on a server or a kind soul with a helicopter. We understand that killing ourselves is a solution.

Good.

I don't know any tho, so sorry. I don't even know how a guy with a helicopter would get to you if you don't know exactly where you are.

Can you even see the land?

Edited by (_BlaZe_)

I do know excactly where I am since I have a map on the character. Problem is it's a LONG way from the coast.

Yes, and no. If I zoom out all the way on the map. I can see where it is (south-east) however, if I try to zoom in I can't see the island since it's outside the map.

Well that sucks. I've never been teleported by a hacker before, only insta-killed. I have been spawned way out in the ocean tho, so I guess I know where you're coming from.

Try joining 1.7.2.5 or 1.7.2.4 servers, or servers with a different beta patch to you.

If you can get stuck on the 'loading' screen, or sometimes, if you quit while it's at 'loading', your world position co-ordinates will become corrupted. Then, next time you log in to a server, they will be reset and you'll spawn back at the coast. This bug pissed off many many many people while servers and players were switching to 1.7.2.6 and the newer beta patches. Find some old servers and give it a go.

• Like 1

Try joining 1.7.2.5 or 1.7.2.4 servers, or servers with a different beta patch to you.

If you can get stuck on the 'loading' screen, or sometimes, if you quit while it's at 'loading', your world position co-ordinates will become corrupted. Then, next time you log in to a server, they will be reset and you'll spawn back at the coast. This bug pissed off many many many people while servers and players were switching to 1.7.2.6 and the newer beta patches. Find some old servers and give it a go.

That's actually a really good idea. I hadn't thought of that lol, I'll use this to get myself out of binds from now on, thanks.

How do you mean quit? Alt + f4? And when? When the screen is black and it says "Loading"? Right?

Ah, the power of teleporting players to somewhere.

Makes you wonder why they can't just play the fucking game and not be assholes.

Looks like you will be forced to procreate a new civilization with your boyfriend on an island over the sea. The good news some people dream of this stuff all day long

• Like 1

This should fix your problem.

I had to use this reset-location technique last night (couldn't be bothered to run from NWAF to coast to meet my mate) ...here's exactly how I did it:

Run DayZ 1.7.2.3

Join pretty much any server

You should get stuck on "Loading"

Alt-ctrl-del, kill Arma2

Run DayZ 1.7.2.6

You should now be back at the coast

No need to downgrade beta.