Sign in to follow this  
slayer42

[Suggestion] New map

So today... I was wondering if we could start a project for a new map...

It would be a new york style map, Large skyscapers, military bunkers outside the city, the map would be easy 300-400km²

• All building are accessible.
  • Rare loot in buildings such as the biggest skyscraper, underground bunkers etc.
  • Garages - Cars inside but extremely rare.
  • Sniper found at 1 or 2 skyscrapers
  • Spot lights on a building but must be activated
  • Electricity for a certain block etc
  • Extremely large markets
  • Military bunkers
  • Sewer system which is accessible in 4-6 entrances in the city.
  • Zombies spawn inside dark buildings... (a little like the film I am Legend)
  • Mines
  • Emergency Evac points that where overrun and full of military loot.

All I could think of for now, Leave your suggestions below! :)

I was wondering if we could start a project for a new map...

It would be a new york style map, Large skyscapers, military bunkers outside the city, the map would be easy 300-400km²

Who is 'we'? Do you have any idea how much time and effort it takes even a dedicated TEAM of mappers to complete a medium-to-large map?

It is doable but something tells me you don't have a dedicated team of map makers behind you.

A 400km² map is absurdly big. Let alone the 1000s of custom models you'll need to build from scratch as well, unless you want to use Eastern European buildings in your New York style map?

Honestly I don't want to sound like a dick but you should read up on what mapping entails. Not even Bohemia would undertake a 400km² New York style map because it'd take them about 18 years to complete.

edit: it would be quicker for you to go and learn how to mod GTAIV and then re-build the DayZ mod on that engine.

Edited by -HB-10BAG
  • Like 1

Who is 'we'? Do you have any idea how much time and effort it takes even a dedicated TEAM of mappers to complete a medium-to-large map?

It is doable but something tells me you don't have a dedicated team of map makers behind you.

A 400km² map is absurdly big. Let alone the 1000s of custom models you'll need to build from scratch as well, unless you want to use Eastern European buildings in your New York style map?

Honestly I don't want to sound like a dick but you should read up on what mapping entails. Not even Bohemia would undertake a 400km² New York style map because it'd take them about 18 years to complete.

edit: it would be quicker for you to go and learn how to mod GTAIV and then re-build the DayZ mod on that engine.

Well, I think that Cherno and Elekro are too small to be classed as a city, I just thought it would be a nice idea to have a bigger city

I love games that take place in big cities, but this wouldn't happen. Make it smaller, maybe 70-90km2 and it would still take a very considerable amount of time.

There is that new custom map coming out, lots of buildings but no skyscrapers.

Edit: It's called Fallujah.

Edited by L.Cpl_Lonnon