Sign in to follow this  
RickGrimes45

Using Hacked Weapons?

I use a G36K and have a Radio... Am I overpowered yet?

Dont forget about the M136 Launcher with Silencer and 100 round clip I traded you :)

Id rather support hackers over abusive admins that dont follow rules since you put it that way.

How about not supporting either group.

BTW, it is within the rules to ban people using cheap hacked in gear. The only gun that truly bothers me in this game is the AS50 TWS, it is a one shot with a thermal scope and the fact that some do not see how wrong that is just bugs me.

Just please do not come onto the forums to whine about your legitimate server ban if you do use it, no fucks will be given.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

It's not about overpowered or not, it's about principles.

My "principles" on spawned in weapons...

If they're not overpowered, they're fair game.

I think there should be a whitelist created, some servers allow them, some completely disallow them but none have a middle ground. See I would like to see a server that ensures people don't have AS50 TWS' and Laser Designators to spot anyone easily, and in the case of the AS50, give a huge advantage in any type of gunfight. I don't see why AA-12's, Saiga's, G36's and AK-107's are removed from the game when we have the most overpowered weapon, the AS50 ripe for the taking on most servers if you just find a decent camp site.

Also people have different principles, I'm sorry mine aren't up to par with yours?

You know as well as the principle you have any idea what I and I think many people will assume when a "trader" such as yourself with a surplus of high end gear to trade is carrying hacked kit?

The only way I gather items... "Raid 'n' Trade"

A lot of people have seen my hacked gear, they generally complete the trade still and some even ask how and where I got it. I generally don't oblige but it's from hackers boxes I've found, people I've killed or just in tents... no idea how those people got them but if they were hackers, would they have tents?

As I said above, different sets of principles. Also, I don't trade them so I wouldn't worry about that.

Dont forget about the M136 Launcher with Silencer and 100 round clip I traded you :)

HEY! Don't tell anyone about that. The thermal scope works like a charm too, especially with those heat seeking missiles.

My "principles" on spawned in weapons...

If they're not overpowered, they're fair game.

I think there should be a whitelist created, some servers allow them, some completely disallow them but none have a middle ground. See I would like to see a server that ensures people don't have AS50 TWS' and Laser Designators to spot anyone easily, and in the case of the AS50, give a huge advantage in any type of gunfight. I don't see why AA-12's, Saiga's, G36's and AK-107's are removed from the game when we have the most overpowered weapon, the AS50 ripe for the taking on most servers if you just find a decent camp site.

Also people have different principles, I'm sorry mine aren't up to par with yours?

The only way I gather items... "Raid 'n' Trade"

A lot of people have seen my hacked gear, they generally complete the trade still and some even ask how and where I got it. I generally don't oblige but it's from hackers boxes I've found, people I've killed or just in tents... no idea how those people got them but if they were hackers, would they have tents?

As I said above, different sets of principles. Also, I don't trade them so I wouldn't worry about that.

Different sets of principles makes it sound like one is not wrong. My principles dictate that if you are poor you can steal from someone who is not poor, who are you to tell me that is wrong?

See how that works.

Edit: but I kind of get what you are saying. I actually do not care about the G36C SD because it is essentially the M4 CCO SD and offers no advantage over the real gun, but I still would not carry the weapon. If you are running around with something that is obviously overpowered or has a thermal scope that also is overpowered then you are almost as bad as the guy who brought it into the game.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Different sets of principles makes it sound like one is not wrong. My principles dictate that if you are poor you can steal from someone who is not poor, who are you to tell me that is wrong?

See how that works.

Edit: but I kind of get what you are saying. I actually do not care about the G36C SD because it is essentially the M4 CCO SD and offers no advantage over the real gun, but I still would not carry the weapon. If you are running around with something that is obviously overpowered or has a thermal scope that also is overpowered then you are almost as bad as the guy who brought it into the game.

Different sets of principles indeed do make it sound like one is not wrong, because neither are correct. One is just more socially acceptable and therefor deemed correct. As for bullshit philosophical arguing on that level... this is an online game and is much more petty than something such as theft.

As for your edit, thank you. I have the G36K which is like the M16 Acog but with less/different zoom? The scope is very different, seems to take up more of the screen whilst not magnifying as well... but I don't know the facts since it's not on the wiki. Simple side grades like this would be a great addition to the game, would make finding ammo a bit more difficult, especially with the diverse selection of guns.

• Like 1

Different sets of principles indeed do make it sound like one is not wrong, because neither are correct. One is just more socially acceptable and therefor deemed correct. As for bullshit philosophical arguing on that level... this is an online game and is much more petty than something such as theft.

As for your edit, thank you. I have the G36K which is like the M16 Acog but with less/different zoom? The scope is very different, seems to take up more of the screen whilst not magnifying as well... but I don't know the facts since it's not on the wiki. Simple side grades like this would be a great addition to the game, would make finding ammo a bit more difficult, especially with the diverse selection of guns.

Yea I really was not trying to be a huge dick about the issue (I do have a radio on Lingor so I am not without sin), but there are some clear examples of guns that are just flat out cheap and make the player using them cheap and frankly a cheater. It is a mod so these weapons will remain and getting too worked up would be like pissing into the wind, I just wish most players would avoid the game breaking weapons and just pick up a cool variant from these boxes. My group came across a group with all hacked gear on Lingor and got into a firefight (this is how I got my radio, it is a hacker killer trophy), I dropped a guy and then was dropped by a one shot kill, but the noise was wrong. The surviving members of my group killed the guy and found a L115 on his body which is another .50 cal weapon. Was not mad and viewed it as a legitimate death because the optics gave him zero advantage in that situation over an AS50 or M107.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91950-dayz-ruined-by-rampat-hacking/page__st__20#entry871119

Much like minecraft (and counterstrike) dayz has to deal with it's share of problems.

I've never said I could fix hacking. You will never "fix" it but you can do things to help. And tell me where I have even said that any upcoming dayz patch will even address hacking. I have not made those promises.

There are no rules for server administration, we opened this up and there are many excellent private hives. I don't know where you are getting information, but it is all wrong.

I've been promoting a number of private hives, because while i am addressing many issues in the standalone - they cannot be addressed in DayZ without changing the source. And that would fundamentally affect the experience of those playing regular ArmA2. Private hives are recommended as a great experience by me. Where people get the idea this is not the case, is beyond me.

This subject again?

So let's clarify.

Server rule 11, from here: http://dayzmod.com/f...-hosting-rules/

11. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

I've bolded and underlined the pertinent section and put the best part in red. Please notice the red letters. I'll write that again: Please notice all those pretty red letters, because they actually mean something.

Since hacked items are cheating, and (for the most part) hacked items are logged, which makes it verified cheating, I think that banning people at the server level for having them more than meets the requirements set forth in rule 11. No amount of crying, "but Rocket said ...," is going to change that.

Quit hiding between Rocket's legs. If you're using illegitimate items you're a cheater. So, if I see you on my server, with a hacked item (in the logs,) you'll get a warning via global chat, then a kick if you ignore me. If you come back with those items you'll be banned.

~DB

your bold writing is solid proof of nothing,possession is not against the rules,the logs they speak of are scripting logs.it is ok and within the rules to use hacked and duped items.so possesion logs are proof of nothing,you need scripting in logs. ..i. to the AA's

Yea I really was not trying to be a huge dick about the issue (I do have a radio on Lingor so I am not without sin), but there are some clear examples of guns that are just flat out cheap and make the player using them cheap and frankly a cheater. It is a mod so these weapons will remain and getting too worked up would be like pissing into the wind, I just wish most players would avoid the game breaking weapons and just pick up a cool variant from these boxes. My group came across a group with all hacked gear on Lingor and got into a firefight (this is how I got my radio, it is a hacker killer trophy), I dropped a guy and then was dropped by a one shot kill, but the noise was wrong. The surviving members of my group killed the guy and found a L115 on his body which is another .50 cal weapon. Was not mad and viewed it as a legitimate death because the optics gave him zero advantage in that situation over an AS50 or M107.

I'm happy to say that was resolved quickly then...

• Like 1

Wait, you have to ask people if it is ok to use a hacked in weapon? More specifically, a ridiculously over powered hacked in weapon? You're a fucking retard.

Anyone using a knowingly hacked in weapon deserves a ban

• Like 1

Id rather support hackers over abusive admins that dont follow rules since you put it that way.

You and AndreasB are two peas in a pod. Anyone who says this, and thinks that we should listen to their opinion on anything is deranged.

Hacker = Someone whos sole purpose is to ruin the fun/game-play of others.

SA = Kicks/Bans cheaters/hackers/exploiters so that people can have a fair playing field.

SA > Hacker.

Saying that a hacker is better than a SA who kicks/bans players who cheat is insane. The rule not allowing SA's to remove them from the server is asinine, it favors cheaters/exploiters, how can you support that???/

If im splashing out £30 a month for my server to be publicly used i will police it my way... im all up for allowing anyone to come join but as soon as i notice anything hacked in or being used i will give a warning and then kick, if they return without disgarding their weapons then bye bye... i rented this server so people could again enjoy themselves and not have to worry about looking over their shoulders all the time.

Kinda dissapoints me looking to see some of you guys giving the admins a hard time, if all they do is ban hackers and try to eliminate what isn't on the DayZ weapon list, i mean yeah i bet you are all in favor of it, till thats script kiddie appears with an AS50 TWS of G36 and rips your head off. then you cry out why the admins have no power....

I police my server my way, for the players. to bring some level of enjoyment back to DayZ, hate me all you want but i stick to my moral's.

• Like 2

This subject again?

So let's clarify.

Server rule 11, from here: http://dayzmod.com/f...-hosting-rules/

11. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

I've bolded and underlined the pertinent section and put the best part in red. Please notice the red letters. I'll write that again: Please notice all those pretty red letters, because they actually mean something.

Since hacked items are cheating, and (for the most part) hacked items are logged, which makes it verified cheating, I think that banning people at the server level for having them more than meets the requirements set forth in rule 11. No amount of crying, "but Rocket said ...," is going to change that.

Quit hiding between Rocket's legs. If you're using illegitimate items you're a cheater. So, if I see you on my server, with a hacked item (in the logs,) you'll get a warning via global chat, then a kick if you ignore me. If you come back with those items you'll be banned.

~DB

dont be fucking stupid. picking up an item is not cheating. there is no way in hell someone could tell if an item on a player has been hacked or not unless ur a server admin. are u going to ban some new innocent player for picking up a weapon off a dead body when he cant even tell if its hacked or not?

*wow this dude has a AK! finnally found me a good weapon!

*banned for cheating

*WHAT THE FUCK?

dont be fucking stupid. picking up an item is not cheating. there is no way in hell someone could tell if an item on a player has been hacked or not unless ur a server admin. are u going to ban some new innocent player for picking up a weapon off a dead body when he cant even tell if its hacked or not?

*banned for cheating

*WHAT THE FUCK?

Nope if you read what some of us write, we warn them, they don't drop it, we kick them, return with same item they get asked again, they failed to comply then it's disregard of the admins wishes in my eyes.... banned

*banned for cheating

*WHAT THE FUCK?

There is no way to tell if a weapon that is in the mod is scripted for an admin, so you will never be banned just for picking up a weapon that is in the game. From what I have seen most admins who ban people for hacked in weapons will give a warning first, if the player then makes the choice to stay in that server and keep using the offending gear they will be rightfully banned.

Picking up an AS50 TWS is definitely cheating though, stop being absurd and trying to justify the newb cannon.

Also people should look up the new server admin rules, they pretty much have no rules at this point and have been unchained to deal with rampant cheating. If there is actually admin abuse go to one of the thousands of other servers for the game and be glad to not be on a server with another form of cheaters.

Edit: I am an idiot about the no rules claim, there are still rules they have just been greatly relaxed and admins are allowed to ban people for using gear not in the Dayz mod. They tent to side with server owners unless the abuse is obvious, but then they can just host a private server and everyone wins.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Nope if you read what some of us write, we warn them, they don't drop it, we kick them, return with same item they get asked again, they failed to comply then it's disregard of the admins wishes in my eyes.... banned

your missing the point. regardless of what kind of justification u try to put on it picking up an item on a dead body is not cheating. an ILLEGAL item on the other hand is a different story. it doesnt matter if u warn them or not because they are doing nothing wrong. its the hacker that is spawning the items in the first place that is the problem.

your missing the point. regardless of what kind of justification u try to put on it picking up an item on a dead body is not cheating. an ILLEGAL item on the other hand is a different story. it doesnt matter if u warn them or not because they are doing nothing wrong. its the hacker that is spawning the items in the first place that is the problem.

And you are missing our point, if you are told the weapon you have no longer spawns in the game, and gives a large advantage over other players, and still choose to use the weapon, you are cheating. You were told that you have a hacked weapon, if you choose to continue to use it, you move from innocent (I didn't know), to cheater (I know that it is not legit, but I am going to get rid of it)

Nobody is talking about items in the game, they will not ban you for having an M4 CCO SD that was hacked in because that gun is legitimate, but they can ban you for having an AS50 TWS (not in Dayz) or Makarov SD (but that gun sucks, still not in the game though).

25u5zbq.jpg

Where I play cheaters with illegal weapons, whether they spawned them themselves or not, gets all of their gear deleted.