Sign in to follow this  
RickGrimes45

Using Hacked Weapons?

Playing the game on officially sanctioned servers is tacit consent that you will play the game as officially intended - that means not using non-game items. The rule against banning banning players for using non-game items was created to protect ignorant offenders, those who didn't know any better. It wasn't created to protect those who know that they are using a non-game item (mens rea). Once you have knowledge that you are using an illicit item it becomes your duty to get rid of it if you are playing on an officially sanctioned server.

I'm not an admin but I personally wouldn't ban people for using weapons not in the game unless they repeatedly do it. As someone already showed there is a software solution to this problem already available which warns and gives players 10 minutes to drop any non-game weapons, if they don't comply they get their inventory completely wiped. Rocket has never said that admins are not allowed to wipe the inventory of offenders, so everyone stays happy. B)

wiping inventory has to be using scripts, using scripts=hacking.

Here,ill copy paste since you cant read.

Delta Smoke 01

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

The official rules stand as this. You may not kick or ban a player for possessing a hacked in item. The same goes for duped items. Its understandable that people may be upset that this person may or may not be hacker, but unless you have the logs stating that they spawned it in, no one should be banned.

EDIT. If you should come across/kill a hacker or his corpse. here is what you should do. Take any legit items from his corpse as your reward. If he has hacked guns or soldier uniform and such, hide the body and rid the server of his presence.

The software solution was actually deemed not a hack by the dev team... it was mainly and admin aid to stem the flow of non legit weapons. Scripting benefits the one player and hampers the rest... the inventory wipe is a way of evening the odds, use non legit stuff after being warned... the prepare to lose it

whoah official statements not personal opinions :o

The other guy, I am outta beans to give, blame Derpy, I had to give beanz out for him. However your post was worth an honorable mention.

What the actual fuck? Quit Bogarting all the beans Derpy!

What the actual fuck? Quit Bogarting all the beans Derpy!

My bad.... im all out too! ok i'll stop posting stuff that people want to see and read and take info and advice from and start posting random crap until my beanz supply replenishes!

The software solution was actually deemed not a hack by the dev team... it was mainly and admin aid to stem the flow of non legit weapons. Scripting benefits the one player and hampers the rest... the inventory wipe is a way of evening the odds, use non legit stuff after being warned... the prepare to lose it

So i should be ok to run this tool myself then,nice,thats better that an as50 tws.

Actually those two things are never equal...but I understand what you are trying to say nevertheless.

Since you're such a wizz with rules mind finding for me the rule stating that servers cannot run scripts?

Edited by puppetworx

Here,ill copy paste since you cant read.

Delta Smoke 01

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

The official rules stand as this. You may not kick or ban a player for possessing a hacked in item. The same goes for duped items. Its understandable that people may be upset that this person may or may not be hacker, but unless you have the logs stating that they spawned it in, no one should be banned.

EDIT. If you should come across/kill a hacker or his corpse. here is what you should do. Take any legit items from his corpse as your reward. If he has hacked guns or soldier uniform and such, hide the body and rid the server of his presence.

Again, you are quoting them as there, not intended. If you ask the Dev's if they want hacked items in there they won't want them. That rule is in place because not everyone knew what was hacked and not. Rule or not, there is no way it will stand. If one of the admin's kicks with a warning the guy comes back and gets banned? If they get black listed for that I'll still play on their servers because someone trying to bring hacked shit into a server -should- be banned.

I'm sorry I can not get on the band wagon on this one. I don't care about the -how do they know if it is hacked?!- they are kicked with a warning...they know now...after that. That player is just as much as an asshole as a scriptor or abusive admin. As of now you can throw that rule around all you want to protect your AS 50 TWS or what ever you are trying to protect. The fact you are arguing this at all makes me believe you've got two accounts, one you use to script shit in, the other goes and loots it so you can avoid banning.

That would make people double asstards, and add some retarded in on top of it.

You want to defend it makes my stomach turn as you are supporting hacking. You are supporting something that is destroying a good game.

Throw RAW at them again on the subject as to why they can't? You say its against the rules...but shit it makes no sense. *Shrug* You are right caught me on not seeing kicked in there. I have nothing else to say but you are supporting the wrong side of that argument.

I will take a hard ruled server any time. I don't need shot by weapons that - I can't get with out cheating or having a cheating friend- if you think you want them...go right ahead. Hope you get caught snuggling with a hacker... your logic is so flawed.

• Like 1

well you could use it but not being an admin i wouldn't see the point to be honest, i don't run it myself, i rather look at the logs and see the evidence myself.... i do pour a hell of alot of time into seeing this mod progress, and the way i see it is by having the game run the way Rocket and the Dev team had in mind from the start.

i spend about 6-10 hours a day playing the game/watching over the server and posting feedback and comments here to try and help improve the way the mod is working and others gaming experience. My objective is to have everyone enjoy this mod and unfortunatley with the amount of scripting and duping going on (i don't kick or ban dupers, mainly cos i find it difficult to trace them on the logs) im finding it ever more difficult and frustrating.

• Like 1

It would still be a person running scripts,which is bannable.which can work against admins with someone knows how to play that game.

It would still be a person running scripts,which is bannable.which can work against admins with someone knows how to play that game.

What...in ... the..hell. Spit the cat out and try again. Who you even talking to on this one?

god knows but its almost 4:30am and i need to sleep, got the Brony meetup to arrange tomorrow aswell as a truckload of other stuff.. hope this simmers down.. cya

Shit I got another 5 hours...before I could consider sleep, /jealous. GTFO!

of course i do, and of course i have experience since dayz is not my first and only game, but like i said you are the one that chose the job and you should not expect a thank you.

when you are making a mod/game/anything for the enjoyment of others than the only thanks you will ever need is the amount of people that download ur mod/game or play on ur server. if u get loads of ppl that enjoy playing on your server and keeps on coming back for more than that should be the biggest thank you that u will ever receive. why? because that says u are doing something right and it means u are successful your endeavors.

because you keep on talking and assuming as if me or the other guy you are talking to are talking about illegal weapons when we are not? well i cant speak for the other guy actually, but i was talking about legal weapons from the very start where as it was assumed i was talking about illegal weapons.

The thread is about weapons not in Dayz, if you are told this more than a couple of times we all need to just assume you are a full blown moron for continuing to bring up weapons that are legitimately in Dayz.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

I killed a hacker the night before last - appeared right next to another survivor I was trying to snipe and well... things happened.

So now I'm rolling about with a G36 Camo SD and a AS50 TWS... Do I feel bad about using these weapons? Probably. We'll see how good the TWS really is at the airfield tonight.

haven't read all the ranting..

for a newb like me who doesn't wanna touch naughty stuff i find in a tent, is this the best place to check first?

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Weapons

Yea that is a fairly good source of information. Sure you can ask on the forums as well. Careful of trolls!

Wait, you have to ask people if it is ok to use a hacked in weapon? More specifically, a ridiculously over powered hacked in weapon? You're a fucking retard.

Anyone using a knowingly hacked in weapon deserves a ban

Just shut up

Found as50 TWS on a dead body or hacker,is it ok to use it?

In the end, Rick, what this boils down to is this.

1. You will not receive a global "Battleye" ban for using the item.

2. Some servers and admins will allow you to use it as long as you didn't get caught actually scripting it into the game.

3. Somer servers and admins, such as myself, when we see items of this nature in the log will give you a written warning in game. If you refuse to honor the request to remove the item we will kick you. If you come back and still refuse to honor the request you will be banned from the server.

4. Some servers and admins will immediately kick you, without warning, when they see the item ... see the post by Venthos (I think it was) on the publicvariableval.txt that will auto-kick anyone caught with illegitimate items.

5. Some servers and admins will just outright ban and kick you without warning.

Let your conscience be your guide, and whatever outcome happens, happens.

~DB

To be honest, if I find a dead body with some sort of weapon better than mine, hacked or not, I will take it. You won't really get banned, since the admin knows if anything is being spawned in the server. I don't approve of it nor do I indulge it, but this is DayZ. Whatever YOU find is yours to take.

To be honest, if I find a dead body with some sort of weapon better than mine, hacked or not, I will take it. You won't really get banned, since the admin knows if anything is being spawned in the server. I don't approve of it nor do I indulge it, but this is DayZ. Whatever YOU find is yours to take.

On many, many servers you will get banned, it's cheating.

On many, many servers you will get banned, it's cheating.

Guess I am a lucky SOB, since I have came across the TWS several times, and most of the time, it ends well.