Sign in to follow this  
jameswillment@hotmail.com

M67 Grenades - A Lone Wolfs Best Friend..

Hi all,

New to these forums but not the game (been playing since june) but have yet to find any posts here regarding frag grenades. Thought I'd just write a little bit about how many times they've saved my ass. I'm generally not a PvP'er and generally play a lone wolf survivalist type game plan although i've got a few friends I play with as a team we've got no organisation and generally meet up for the fun of it with no real plans. ANYWAY.. Heres just one example.. I was playing with one friend a few months ago, we were near the firestation with the powerstation on the north side of elektro, had been scouting up in the forest with the binoculars for a while and had confirmed visually there were atleast 6 players in and around elektro but the near constant gunfire confirmed it was likley there were more, regardless, i needed a weapon and my friend needed blood so the plan was a quick one, two sprint through the firestation towards the hospital and to swing round back north, i should add my friend had an enfield with plenty of ammo and i had, yep you guessed it, 3 'nades(1 from a deer stand, 2 from a corpse i looted en route to elektro). We moved low and slow down from dobry mountain sacrificing the cover of the forest and proceeded to drop onto the dirt road overlooking the firestation at which point my friend called eyes on two targets (one in bandit clothing) exiting the firestation heading due east pretty much in our direction, shortly followed by another bandit approaching from the south, in the panic I quickly rolled a 'nade down the hill in the direction of the first two players spotted, BANG, and my friend calls 2 down one is dead and the other is quickly finished off with a shot from his enfield, the third bandit approaching from the south atleast heard this (and possibly saw this) explosion and promptly turned 180 degrees back towards elektro. This was probably one of the fastest and most exciting engagements i've yet to experience in Day Z, not to mention sucessful.. And my point is, I really don't think there is a more useful weapon in the game, espicially for small groups and lone wolf type players.. It's and incredible combat multiplier and far larger groups than your own can be thrown into panic and disorder, if not dispatched completley by one or two grenades, because if the explosion fails to hit anything the noise and shock factor of grenades popping off left right and centre around a group will almost certainly make them think twice about continuing to engage yourself or your group. I've you've taken the time to read all this thanks, I'd love to hear anyone elses storys regarding grenades and how they've been put to use as I can't find much at all about them on here...

OH, and I should add, after the engagement we no longer needed to run into elektro as the two corpses were fully geared out and we both ended up with coyote backpacks, some nice military grade weapons (M4 CCO SD and a AK74-SU), sidearms, food, water, medical gear, the job lot.. So yeah.. Not a bad haul really :D

hell you have better luck than me, i have thrown 3 in total and wont throw another one again.

Throw 1: tried to bounce it in the doorway of the orange building in Elektro centre square to flush a guy out, it bounced off the framework and landed at my feet.... dead.

Throw 2: Full power trying to launch it over a wall and it just dropped... Dead

Throw 3: launched it further than i liked and it landed right where my flanking section were position, 2 Men dead 1 wounded...

i might aswell start throwing sticks, better for my health!

• Like 2

/walloftext

Using grenades tend to be a last resort weapon for me.

As you said though, grenades are a great way to break the morale of the opposing side if used effectively and if they actually land near (where the splash can hurt them) your target.

Edited by ExESGO

Used Nades Once. Only Once....

I was in the FireStation tower 2nd floor, I threw a Nade Down the stairs ran up to the top floor... died.

I don't trust nades now :P

lol, RGO's are great fun, they have an even bigger splash radius. Derpy, stick to cherry bombs.

Derpy for the love of god never try an RGO grenade

Ohhh why on earth not... i like things that go boom! wait no i agree, i wont use any!

lol, RGO's are great fun, they have an even bigger splash radius. Derpy, stick to cherry bombs.

Yeah i think i just might, or stones, they don't explode

You want a grenade win story or an epic fail.

A buddy and I were at the Prison in Lingor when a group of three people pulled up in an SUV and ran inside to start looting. We were on the perimeter when they ran in and my buddy managed to get up into a guard tower that overlooked the three barracks. I then took up position at the front gate (only exit) and waited. The group was being reckless (they had been announcing the prison trip for quite some time so we were already in position when they got there, and instead of securing the area they just ran right in but did leave someone on overwatch which we were unaware of until the fight broke out) and they all ran into one of the barracks together. The initial plan was for me to run to the front door and try and murder as many as possible with my SAW, but with all three grouped together my buddy thought frag grenade would be awesome. He threw his frag grenade into the building and killed two instantly, then I threw my frag near the back room and the last one was dead. Their overwatch killed my buddy in the guard tower, but then in keeping with the stupidity of the group announced to his buddies that the prison was clear and he was going to pull the SUV in and transfer gear from the dead bodies so they could all meet up again. He pulls into the prison and I stalk him to the barracks and when he is transferring a gun into the car I run up and shoot him point blank.

Most grenade stories do not turn out like this, somehow I threw one in the open and it managed to fall at my feet and kill me. Another time someone in our group attempted to throw one over a wall and it did not make it and blew up our bus. Usually they just end up making a loud noise or worse yet killing the person who threw it in the first place.

• Like 1

I love grenades.

They are amazing for getting people to break cover. Becomes a duck shoot. Bang, Running, Fire!

Or clearing the hangers at Airfeilds. 3 Kills from this now.

One day tho I imagine i will take myself out, as the aiming system for them are poo...

I love giving RGO's i find to people I know that have never played ARMA the explosivley aided suicides they manage amuse me

Evil, and i love it, im pathetic with grenades, never got one in the bin at selection, never got one on target at Catterick either... no wonder they told me to just stick with my Rifle, i was damn good with that!

• Like 1

Evil, and i love it, im pathetic with grenades, never got one in the bin at selection, never got one on target at Catterick either... no wonder they told me to just stick with my Rifle, i was damn good with that!

LOL reminds me of an IFFC we did up Brecon we had a guy toss one on an attack it proceeded to roll back down the hill....... pants were soiled

• Like 1

lol i can bet pants were soiled, i was that bad i was getting constant grief from my Sergeant to the point he brought the CSM along to give me some "encouragment" problem was they made me throw with my right hand and im a leftie.... still wouldn't let me throw after that lol

I use to always carry one. If you get into a situation like in a millitary base and the zeds can be lured with a smoke grenade, You can take them all out in one grenade, Until they immediately spawn back and make the whole point of grenades useless.!

To all the posts regarding grenade suicide i'm no explosive throwing god, I once bounced one off the door of elektro church (two bandits inside) tryed to run, broke my leg and was promptly put out of my misery by two bandits who proceeded to laugh at my plight over side chat :( lmao!

Another time a friend of mine decided to throw a 'nade inside a hanger at NWAF (A HANGER WE WERE BOTH INSIDE I MIGHT ADD :|) i'm sure you can imagine the outcome..

I love giving RGO's i find to people I know that have never played ARMA the explosivley aided suicides they manage amuse me

I've only heard about these, cant say i've seen any in the flesh, don't they only spawn in a particular vehicle?

To all the posts regarding grenade suicide i'm no explosive throwing god, I once bounced one off the door of elektro church (two bandits inside) tryed to run, broke my leg and was promptly put out of my misery by two bandits who proceeded to laugh at my plight over side chat :( lmao!

Another time a friend of mine decided to throw a 'nade inside a hanger at NWAF (A HANGER WE WERE BOTH INSIDE I MIGHT ADD :|) i'm sure you can imagine the outcome..

I've only heard about these, cant say i've seen any in the flesh, don't they only spawn in a particular vehicle?

you will get 10 in the UAZ when its a fresh spawn

I use to always carry one. If you get into a situation like in a millitary base and the zeds can be lured with a smoke grenade, You can take them all out in one grenade, Until they immediately spawn back and make the whole point of grenades useless.!

I use that space for an extra STANAG round for me LA85, never know when im gonna need a 6th clip

They are in the military UAZ's along with yellow smoke grenades, and a load of AK74 mags and SVD mags

*edit* ninja'd lol

oh and yellow smoke is cursed

Ah nice, thanks for the tip, I haven't really entertained finding vehicles as playing on my own for the most part I think it's more effort than the worth of it finding all the parts to fix one up just to be even more visible and audible to everyone else! That and the fact I never seem to come across vehicle spawns anyway!

always if your near check a vehicle spawn, sometimes you never know what you will find, ie there is a CZ550 always in the back of the White Pickup nr Zelengorsk

Also, the PBX that spawns at Guba bay always has a half a tank of fuel

• Like 1

I've killed one person with a nade and I was unarmed and was in cherno on a private server.

Went to the army tents in cherno and the only thing there was a nade, so i picked it up and ran towards some gun fire cuz I had nothing to lose.

As I got there (which was the pub building) some guy came running out armed with a AKM.

I thought it would throw fast but hell no!

He ran past me behide a wall and as he did I turned and launched it over the wall and BOOM!!

He died and I just about lived cuz it was close so I lost my hearing lol

First kill with a fresh unarmed guy and only a nade in the space of 10mins of spawning!

Plus it was all recorded so watch out for my YouTube channel when I stop playing...I said "when" ;) lol

• Like 1