bfleet95@gmail.com

Lee Enfield or Double Barrel?

I've recently found myself in a rather sticky situation

I was lucky enough to come across a Lee Enfield AND a Double Barelled Shotgun

Which one should I take and for what reason?

no trolls please

I'd go with the one with the most ammo, also the shotty doesn't doesn't make quite as much noise as the Enfield so you might want to consider that.

Dinner bell all the way. More ammo per clip, 2 shots to kill someone no matter distance shot from, good iron sights.

Mr Lee Evans, Decent rifle but it sweats alot, so hard to keep ahold of :)

Get lost

Your talking to a spam bot!

And def. Lee Enfield. The shotgun is rubbish except from distances of about 10m max. (unless it's a Winchester which is still technically a shotgun)

If you come across another player, and all you have is a shotgun...and they have any gun except a shotgun...your not going to walk away from the encounter.

I see you from UK. If your over 18 and want to run about with other Brits. Give me a PM and we'll get you on our clan Teamspeak server.

Edited by GeordieMarv

Actually turns out i got killed while asking the question on these forums, guess that makes this thread pretty redundant now

NOTE TO SELF: don't Alt+Tab

Actually turns out i got killed while asking the question on these forums, guess that makes this thread pretty redundant now

Ouch. Unlucky mate. At least you learned something from the experience. Don't task out unless your safe and hidden and pref prone!

You mean, don't Alt+Tab when not in a forest, hiding in a bush.

Don't ALT+TAB EVER just because you think your safe doesn't mean you are safe, there's other players out there or even Hackers, the moment you think your safe in DayZ is the moment the game will show you safety is not in it's source code ;)

Edited by Oldy1Kenobi
  • Like 3

Lee Enflied, is your best option. Although it has nasty draw back (You shoot a bullet and have to wait `till you can shoot another)... Thats how i died to a guy with an AKM, got sprayed and prayed.

I'm the only one going against the grain here: double barrel FTW!! Carry enough pellet ammo and any CQB encounter with player or zed SHOULD end up with you on the winning end. I've found the pellet ammo to be a one shot wonder when it comes to most situations.

• Like 2

I've recently found myself in a rather sticky situation

I was lucky enough to come across a Lee Enfield AND a Double Barelled Shotgun

Which one should I take and for what reason?

no trolls please

not meant as a troll post, but you're going to laugh at this post in a few days when you get more experience in this game. I wouldn't call it lucky or fortunate to have the option of Lee Enfield or double barrel shotty. you'll see they are pretty common in the coastal cities. that being said, Enfield would have been the way to go, if for nothing else it has better range and more rounds per magazine

I'm the only one going against the grain here: double barrel FTW!! Carry enough pellet ammo and any CQB encounter with player or zed SHOULD end up with you on the winning end. I've found the pellet ammo to be a one shot wonder when it comes to most situations.

I agree with you and should anyone wonder why then the following is my reason.

this-is-my-boomstick-demotivational-poster-1242598575.jpg

not meant as a troll post, but you're going to laugh at this post in a few days when you get more experience in this game. I wouldn't call it lucky or fortunate to have the option of Lee Enfield or double barrel shotty. you'll see they are pretty common in the coastal cities. that being said, Enfield would have been the way to go, if for nothing else it has better range and more rounds per magazine

Don't forget you can package/unpackage the M1014 ammo for the double barrel, which means you can still carry your fair share of ammo.

It's personl preference. Any gun is better than no gun but I confess, I've often carried no gun than pick up an enfield. They're so loud that they bring every zombie on the map to your door. I'll often carry a db when gearing up after a spawn, but the two shots and reload is a pain in the neck. That said, I'm glad to have any gun. Right now I'm carrying an m16a2 and a m1911 but all I can think about is I don't have an axe. I nearly died again from starvation yesterday, after running across the map but not finding a single tin of food anywhere. I had to get to Berezino to find a can of beans! Really, I'd rather carry an axe than a gun. Best for zombie killing, until the develops cripple it, like they did handguns. <_<

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

Don't listen to this stupidity, get the Lee Einfield and use it because it's an amazing beginner medium distance weapon. All you need to know if your going to use it is how to avoid zombies which every decent player should know.Also shooting from rooftops does cause less zombies to get you (less not none).

• Like 1

Enfield forever! 2 shot kill, plentiful ammo, it's a pretty accurate rifle even at a couple hundred meters! What more could you ask for in a starter weapon on the coast?

• Like 1