Sign in to follow this  
matthew125

this is really pissing me off

This is making me so angry :/ I had 2 days of collected items at my camp, where me and 2 other friends had our stuff. (A LOT of valuable stuff, and rare guns). We were all online, my friend was teleported in the sky and died. We were like "WTF?". We switched servers, and an hour later, I died out of nowhere. No gun shot, I just fell to the ground and died. A Few hours later the only survivor left, my other friend logged on. He was teleported into a white abyss he called it, and then killed.

All our items were stolen.

This is really pissing me off. I hope someone better find a prevention for this :(

Edited by matthew125

This is making me so angry :/ I had 2 days of collected items at my camp, where me and 2 other friends had our stuff. (A LOT of valuable stuff, and rare guns). We were all online, my friend was teleported in the sky and died. We were like "WTF?". We switched servers, and an hour later, I died out of nowhere. No gun shot, I just fell to the ground and died. A Few hours later the only survivor left, my other friend logged on. He was teleported into a white abyss he called it, and then killed.

This is really pissing me off. I hope someone better find a prevention for this :(

See if you looked at like every 3 post on these forums you will find the same stuff you just ranted about, either deal with it or wait for the standalone, nothing we or the dev team can do against the script kiddies... (God im starting to sound like a broken record)

Please for heavens sake use the SEARCH FUNCTION before you post another "waaa waaa i got hacked and lost all ma gear" thread..

Welcome to DayZ!

• Like 1

if you want to join a private co-op hive just to play and make some progress, feel free to pm me.

The incredibly discriptive title made me think only one thing: Yet another QQ thread about either hackers and/or griefers. :D

• Yes, the dev's should find a way to root out hackers, and they're working on it. In the mean time you should find a server that has better protection against them. They do exist.
  • No, QQ-ing about griefers won't do jack. Become better at avoiding them - or even better, find a way to fight back (the latter is especially rewarding).

See if you looked at like every 3 post on these forums you will find the same stuff you just ranted about, either deal with it or wait for the standalone, nothing we or the dev team can do against the script kiddies... (God im starting to sound like a broken record)

Please for heavens sake use the SEARCH FUNCTION before you post another "waaa waaa i got hacked and lost all ma gear" thread..

At the op..what Derpy said. Broken fucking record.

I don't want to come across like a wanker reply but..you are going to constantly lose your shit to everything you posted about. Hacking will not be majorly slowed down until alpha standalone. ( we are praying ) There is a ton of threads explaining why, but basically it breaks down to the following - The base game the mod is drawn from is open to scripting to give it flexibility and a million different things that games like the bf and cod and a hundred other like minded fps'ers do not bring to the party, this open ended game design has proved to be the best part and also the biggest 'flaw' in the fact that it is so flexible but due to the fact that it has now drawn such a huge audience it shows how people can manipulate that to their own ends.Which normally instead of magnificance and intelligence has ended up with basic crap like teleporting, unlimited equipment and godmode boringness..when so many cool things could be done they only use the lowest levels of iq. Inane but true.

Achilles heel.

The mod will not address these current script issues, slightly yes but overall, no. So it is persist and take it, laugh it off..or crack the shits and move on. Once you realise that it is what it is, that you may have to change your game play a bit then you may still find some fun within. Stolen items are par for the course and just pixels to be gained again, the worst thing is even worrying about letting the script merchants getting the better of you mate :)

Get a mak and an axe and roll with it and enjoy, hoarding and being max kitted out can get boring a lot more quickly than running along with another random unkitted guy towards Stary and wondering if you are going to get beans at the shop because you are super hungry like you just ate chinese food ten minutes ago.

• Like 2

At the op..what Derpy said. Broken fucking record.

I don't want to come across like a wanker reply but..you are going to constantly lose your shit to everything you posted about. Hacking will not be majorly slowed down until alpha standalone. ( we are praying ) There is a ton of threads explaining why, but basically it breaks down to the following - The base game the mod is drawn from is open to scripting to give it flexibility and a million different things that games like the bf and cod and a hundred other like minded fps'ers do not bring to the party, this open ended game design has proved to be the best part and also the biggest 'flaw' in the fact that it is so flexible but due to the fact that it has now drawn such a huge audience it shows how people can manipulate that to their own ends.Which normally instead of magnificance and intelligence has ended up with basic crap like teleporting, unlimited equipment and godmode boringness..when so many cool things could be done they only use the lowest levels of iq. Inane but true.

Achilles heel.

The mod will not address these current script issues, slightly yes but overall, no. So it is persist and take it, laugh it off..or crack the shits and move on. Once you realise that it is what it is, that you may have to change your game play a bit then you may still find some fun within. Stolen items are par for the course and just pixels to be gained again, the worst thing is even worrying about letting the script merchants getting the better of you mate :)

Get a mak and an axe and roll with it and enjoy, hoarding and being max kitted out can get boring a lot more quickly than running along with another random unkitted guy towards Stary and wondering if you are going to get beans at the shop because you are super hungry like you just ate chinese food ten minutes ago.

Best advice yet i have to admit!

Just happened to me...again, but hey, all i lost was a hatchet and a Ghillie suit.

As has been said we just have to roll with it.

Hang around the coast, grab an axe and have some fun. You lose your shit, so what?

• Like 1

The "Noob beach landing" is the most fun you can have in the game in my opinion. Everybody knows it SUCKS to lose your gear when you've spent 3+ dayz scavenging. But after a ragequit or a rant on the forums you suck it up and jump back in, no big deal. Script kiddies aren't going to stop instakilling players any time soon, I've just started to think of it like an unseen accident (heart attack/stroke/meteor from space in the face)

Welcome to DayZ!

Don't forget to pick up your free broken leg at the door (read: from the door) on your way in/out!