Sign in to follow this  
Xelous

Servers with Dubious (but not exploitative) Problems

I've had a scooch around the server forums looking for somewhere to discuss the problem I have, and select an appropriate place to begin such a discussion, but can't really find anywhere... So "Server General" is where I'm going to post it.

You may have seen my story (posted on DayZ Stories thread) thread as its evolved over time, so you can see how I've put quite a bit of time, and playing fair, into my character; and yes I appreciate "Its in alpha" and all that jazz... But...

I'm not sure if what happened tonight is a bug in the hive, or just my getting exploited/scripted/abused on the specific server... Allow me to explain.

My character had loads of gear, the basics for survival, food, water, ammo, guns... even a ghille suit... And played a valiant stroke to cure myself with Antibiotics - no mean feat - this was all done on the US1988 server and a German server - which is not involved past last night.

I left the German server to use that US server because it was day light, and I found an old bike, so I was using that to get about... Last night (20/9/2012) at approx 9pm (GMT+1) I logged into that server... it took an absolute age to load, I'm talking like triple the normal time.

And I had a shed load of those text notifications "Fall Back", "move to grid..." etc etc... I mean, a literal stream of them babbled past...

When it finally said "Set up Complete..." and I opened my eyes... Nothing... No kit, no location - was stood on the Debug Planes, with no gear just my skin (literally)... I've heard this happening to others, but I have no idea how it happened?.... Surely the Hive took no instructions until I was in the game?...

If the Hive did take database updates before I was in the game - is that a bug? - Is there anything I can do to help document it? (logs/retries/input?)

if it was the server I was connecting to?... Was it a script kiddie having their wicked way with me?... Is it something I need to let the higher ups know (in the bug reporting forum) that I was NOT in the game when this happened to me...

So to recap and confirm:

• Played Normally
  • Had Gear
  • Disconnected normally (with the disconnect buttons) the night before
  • Reconnected (using SixLauncher) to the same server
  • Lots of black & loading screens
  • Babble of "move to", "Fall back" etc text scrolled past... whilst still waiting to load...
  • Long Pause as "Setup Complete"....
  • No gear - stood on Debug Planes....

What do you guys think?... Something I need to inform the server owner about?... Something for the Bug report forum?... Or should I just cry quietly into my mouse pad and move on?

Its happens, But from what I've seen it seems linked to gillie suits... No Proof tho, Just seen a few threads and they all seem to say Lost my gear except my Gillie suit... but meh I really don't know...

As far as i know its a known bug in the Dayz server setup.

It has something to do with the connection to the hive and the information being sent, but noone seems to know where and what is causing it.

It also occures on some private hives, have had a couple of people tell me the same story over the last month, so you deff not alone there mate.

I'd not searched for the suits causing it... Thanks, I'll give those a search and have a read.

*sob*... Cheers folks.