chalky (DayZ)

banned from us 1993

I got hacked by someone and they were controlling my body, running me around, insta killing zombies and shooting something outta my chest kinda like the helicopter gun. When I relogged I kept getting kicked for some Yak b.paa something or another until I noticed I had for clips in my bag that had no image. I dropped em like an hour before I was banned and it stopped kicking me. I wasn't hacking.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place? Oh that's right..

You first connected to our server 09:04:59

09:04:59 : Player #8 ash (IP) connected
09:04:59 : Player #8 ash - GUID: 29078a6f88f7cdad8ac9edc895c20e6a (unverified)
09:04:59 : Verified GUID (29078a6f88f7cdad8ac9edc895c20e6a) of player #8 ash

With

2012/09/20, 9:05:47 "STARTING LOGIN: ["60307142",B 1-1-A:20 (ash) REMOTE]"
2012/09/20, 9:05:47 "LOGIN ATTEMPT: "60307142" ash"
2012/09/20, 9:05:48 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',false,'33178029',[43,[9700.71,1708.79,0.00194979]],[["ItemFlashlight"],["ItemPainkiller","1470Rnd_127x108_YakB","1470Rnd_127x108_YakB","1470Rnd_127x108_YakB","1470Rnd_127x108_YakB"]],["DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1",[[],[]],[[],[]]],[25,33,33],Survivor3_DZ,0.96]"
2012/09/20, 9:05:48 "LOGIN LOADED: B 1-1-A:20 (ash) REMOTE Type: Survivor1_DZ"

Your first kick was at 09:06:07

09:06:07 : Player #8 ash (29078a6f88f7cdad8ac9edc895c20e6a) has been kicked by BattlEye: PublicVariable Value Restriction #37

Logs reviewed and ban issued at 10:51:27

10:51:27 : Player #3 ash (29078a6f88f7cdad8ac9edc895c20e6a) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Ban (Nope. Ban submitted to DayZ CBL.)

You were not taken control of on our server, you joined with it.

• Like 5

Why didn't you just say that in the first place? Oh that's right..

You first connected to our server 09:04:59

09:04:59 : Player #8 ash (IP) connected
09:04:59 : Player #8 ash - GUID: 29078a6f88f7cdad8ac9edc895c20e6a (unverified)
09:04:59 : Verified GUID (29078a6f88f7cdad8ac9edc895c20e6a) of player #8 ash

With

2012/09/20, 9:05:47 "STARTING LOGIN: ["60307142",B 1-1-A:20 (ash) REMOTE]"
2012/09/20, 9:05:47 "LOGIN ATTEMPT: "60307142" ash"
2012/09/20, 9:05:48 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',false,'33178029',[43,[9700.71,1708.79,0.00194979]],[["ItemFlashlight"],["ItemPainkiller","1470Rnd_127x108_YakB","1470Rnd_127x108_YakB","1470Rnd_127x108_YakB","1470Rnd_127x108_YakB"]],["DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1",[[],[]],[[],[]]],[25,33,33],Survivor3_DZ,0.96]"
2012/09/20, 9:05:48 "LOGIN LOADED: B 1-1-A:20 (ash) REMOTE Type: Survivor1_DZ"

Your first kick was at 09:06:07

09:06:07 : Player #8 ash (29078a6f88f7cdad8ac9edc895c20e6a) has been kicked by BattlEye: PublicVariable Value Restriction #37

Logs reviewed and ban issued at 10:51:27

10:51:27 : Player #3 ash (29078a6f88f7cdad8ac9edc895c20e6a) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Ban (Nope. Ban submitted to DayZ CBL.)

You were not taken control of on our server, you joined with it.

Have some Beans "Vortech" Thats how you do it...............

Wow, I guess it's totally impossible to be hacked on another server and then leave it and join another server with the items still in my bag. If you would READ the PM I sent you I even told you that I was hacked on another server and THEN joined your server. Here let me repost the PM I sent since you didn't bother to read it.

"Hey I posted a topic about being banned on your server under the name ash and you send me a link to gbl. I dunno if you saw my follow up post explaining what may have happened. I like your server specifically because of how fast you handle hackers and I'l like to have the privilege of playing there again. Like I said though, I was hacked on another server where someone was controlling my body. I was shooting a yak b out of my chest and so I logged off and went to another server (1993). From there I kept getting kicked until I realized I apparently had yak b clips in my pack, which I dropped on the ground. I promise I'm not a hacker. Thanks for your time."

I'm fairly certain it's against banning policy to ban someone for picking up an illegal items. I'm sure it happens plenty on accident, or in my case, against my will. Are there any other offences from me other than joining your server with 4 clips of some unknown gun? Teleporting? Player killing? No. I'm sure by now you've read about people being taken control of by other players at this point.

Anyway, thanks for taking my concerns seriously and not being a jerk about it. /Sarcasm

Also, I'm sorry you've become a server admin who abuses their power and I'm sorry that you're wrong about me hacking.

There's been a lot of people having some crush on Vortech lately. I'm jealous! I will admit, playing on US 1992 yesterday was amazing! Besides having my screen spammed with people being 'kicked' due to restrictions, it was pretty fun despite it being slow.

Wow, I guess it's totally impossible to be hacked on another server and then leave it and join another server with the items still in my bag. If you would READ the PM I sent you I even told you that I was hacked on another server and THEN joined your server. Here let me repost the PM I sent since you didn't bother to read it.

"Hey I posted a topic about being banned on your server under the name ash and you send me a link to gbl. I dunno if you saw my follow up post explaining what may have happened. I like your server specifically because of how fast you handle hackers and I'l like to have the privilege of playing there again. Like I said though, I was hacked on another server where someone was controlling my body. I was shooting a yak b out of my chest and so I logged off and went to another server (1993). From there I kept getting kicked until I realized I apparently had yak b clips in my pack, which I dropped on the ground. I promise I'm not a hacker. Thanks for your time."

I'm fairly certain it's against banning policy to ban someone for picking up an illegal items. I'm sure it happens plenty on accident, or in my case, against my will. Are there any other offences from me other than joining your server with 4 clips of some unknown gun? Teleporting? Player killing? No. I'm sure by now you've read about people being taken control of by other players at this point.

Anyway, thanks for taking my concerns seriously and not being a jerk about it. /Sarcasm

Also, I'm sorry you've become a server admin who abuses their power and I'm sorry that you're wrong about me hacking.

I read what your post:

I got hacked by someone and they were controlling my body, running me around, insta killing zombies and shooting something outta my chest kinda like the helicopter gun. When I relogged I kept getting kicked for some Yak b.paa something or another until I noticed I had for clips in my bag that had no image. I dropped em like an hour before I was banned and it stopped kicking me. I wasn't hacking.

and replied to it accordingly. Control maybe, inventory remnants is news to me. That fact you've changed your story now in light of the evidence against you won't convince anyone. Given the popularity of our servers we get every hack thrown at us.. There isn't much we haven't seen or heard by now.. and unfortunately that list will always grow.

There's been a lot of people having some crush on Vortech lately. I'm jealous! I will admit, playing on US 1992 yesterday was amazing! Besides having my screen spammed with people being 'kicked' due to restrictions, it was pretty fun despite it being slow.

I know right.. :P Yeah the effects of our new changes have been AMAZING, the workload has decreased by 95%! I'm working on dialing in flood control with our new configuration. :beans:

• Like 1

I know right.. :P Yeah the effects of our new changes have been AMAZING, the workload has decreased by 95%! I'm working on dialing in flood control with our new configuration. :beans:

You're such an inspiration..!!! *Insert over-dramatic smiley here* lol Vortech, anyway to keep us from being spammed in-game now by restriction kicks? Or is it a way for you to show off...! :P

I'm missing how I changed my story. Because I didn't say in the first post that I was hacked on another server? I wasn't very specific about where I was hacked until I PMed you. I didn't change my story because you "busted" me lying or some shit. I sent you the PM on the 21st (Sent 21 September 2012 - 07:52 PM) that's almost 24 hours after my first post on the 20th. I was following up because you never got back to me. You didn't respond to me until the 23rd with your "evidence" of me hacking. I guess my "hacking skills" have filtered into the real world and now I can alter time! I mean at this point I could give a shit about playing on your server, it's just principle. Your server was close to where I live and therefore a fast server. I've found a few others since then, no big deal. You don't have to worry about me, I'll plague others with my ability to "hack in 4 random clips and then drop them" on different servers. Watch out DayZ community, I'm a badass!! Get ready for some clips!! At this point I wouldn't expect you to unban me anyway as I'm sure you're more concerned about saving face.

Edited by chalky
  • Like 1

You're such an inspiration..!!! *Insert over-dramatic smiley here* lol Vortech, anyway to keep us from being spammed in-game now by restriction kicks? Or is it a way for you to show off...! :P

Working on it, never a show-off :P Cool story though, the logs are showing less and less players being effected yet traffic has stabilized. I think it may have worked itself out in 48hrs, but I'l still roll out the flood control changes this week.

I'm missing how I changed my story. Because I didn't say in the first post that I was hacked on another server? I wasn't very specific about where I was hacked until I PMed you. I didn't change my story because you "busted" me lying or some shit. I sent you the PM on the 21st (Sent 21 September 2012 - 07:52 PM) that's almost 24 hours after my first post on the 20th. I was following up because you never got back to me. You didn't respond to me until the 23rd with your "evidence" of me hacking. I guess my "hacking skills" have filtered into the real world and now I can alter time! I mean at this point I could give a shit about playing on your server, it's just principle. Your server was close to where I live and therefore a fast server. I've found a few others since then, no big deal. You don't have to worry about me, I'll plague others with my ability to "hack in 4 random clips and then drop them" on different servers. Watch out DayZ community, I'm a badass!! Get ready for some clips!! At this point I wouldn't expect you to unban me anyway as I'm sure you're more concerned about saving face.

No need to save face, I've more then explained the position and supporting logic. I'm glad you've found another server though :beans: .

I'm sure Vortech has a very pretty face to be saving..

i'm so pretty!! :lol:

• Like 1

No need to save face, I've more then explained the position and supporting logic. I'm glad you've found another server though :beans: .

I don't need your beans. I've hacked in my own. Thanks.

^At least you're being honest now...

I was being honest before when I said I wasn't hacking, but idiots will be idiots, so when in Rome...

It's "He said, She said" and Vortech kinda sounds like a dude. (Except his "i'm so pretty" from above sounded pretty feminine!)

How are we supposed to KNOW that you were previously telling the truth. It wouldn't be the first time that someone tried lying to our face.

It's "He said, She said" and Vortech kinda sounds like a dude. (Except his "i'm so pretty" from above sounded pretty feminine!)

How are we supposed to KNOW that you were previously telling the truth. It wouldn't be the first time that someone tried lying to our face.

I understand that, which is why I tried being as polite as I could so that we could try and resolve the issue as a fluke and move on. He then said I changed my story, which I didn't do. I gave him more details in the PM than I posted here and then he acted like he was catching me in a lie. I gave him my story LONG before he ever responded to me with more than some log that I can barely understand. I mean, honestly, 4 clips in my bag for a gun that wasn't even in my possession and I'm to be regarded as some low life hacker. I'm more just upset that I'm being labeled something I'm not. Sure it's safer to just ban everyone that MIGHT IN THE SLIGHTEST be a hacker and then when they try explaining what happen basically just roll your eyes and say "we've heard THAT before". I guarantee there is no logs with my name attached to it on that server with anything more than the yak.b clips. If I was going to waste my time hacking on a server, it wouldn't be to add a few clips to my bag and then drop them and carry on playing the game as normal. I loath hackers in this game and joined this server at the suggestion of some friends that were playing there. They said that hackers were dealt with swiftly. Oh the irony.

Also, if I was a hacker I would have simply moved on to another server and kept hacking. I guess you can't KNOW that I'm not a hacker, but having any sort of evidence that I was hacking, (not just logging into the server with 4 clips in my bag) would be a start.

Edited by chalky

You wouldn't be the first to be very persistent against the OCN servers..

I haven't banned a single person.. Oh, I never realized that one's persistence is directly linked to being innocent!

The other day we had someone that was already globally banned from CBL by a different server that attempted to log on our 1992 server but was immediately kicked, and within a few minutes, tried attempting to log back with different GUIDs every time like 5 times. Plus another player that we have enough evidence against that its realistically indisputable.

It however HAS to be the fault of a highly respected server moderator with hundreds of bans upheld by CBL, right?

Ok, all I was asking for was evidence of my hacking. Which I still haven't seen. I logged in a number of times with clips in my bag and I kept getting kicked from the server with some unknown error until I realized I even had the clips in my bag, which I then discarded, THEN i was able to play on the server, where I was kicked some time later. So.......how was I hacking again? OH right because I had clips in my bag. I must have hacked them in. Couldn't have been picked up when someone hacked my character and started controlling me, shooting a gatling gun out of my chest, That would just....that would be too unheard of in a buggy alpha full of scripters.

BTW, weren't you the dude who got called out by a dayz admin after you admitted using a hacked in sniper rifle? In going to assume you weren't on 1992 or 1993 when you were using it. I'd hate to see some hypocrisy. I'm sure you discarded it when you realized what happened though, but who cares ya hacker! That's all the proof we need apparently. The way I see it, you've manipulated this game more than I ever have.

As for Vortex or whatever his name is, at this point he can check his logs and PMs and know that I was honest about what happened and didn't change any story. My concern is my reputation, not playing on either of the 2 severs you own out of the thousands available. I'm not sure how to read logs or check the GBL, but I would just like to avoid being globally banned and not being able to play on any servers because you made a mistake.

Edited by chalky

I wasn't directly called out and I don't think it was by another DayZ admin AND the only server that I play on is 1992. (For Cherno)

I had a AS50 TWS that I picked up ignorantly not knowing it was hacked and once I found out it was a hacked weapon, I dropped it immediately.

Can you PROVE that you were "hacked" by someone scripting on another server?

As a Private hive server admin I can say that any instant of anything hacked would get you banned from our server. It's not that I wouldn't believe your story but I personally won't take the risk. There's plenty of servers out there, just move on and find another one. From an admin point of view, we cannot take the risk of hackers, even if they are innocent. Would you let somebody stay on your server ricking the enjoyment of the rest of your community? It sucks but that's the way it is and luckily there's a ton of servers out there to play on so nothings really lost :)