son54

Immersion Breaker (very underrated too)

@OP

i'd disagree. this is meant to be a *game* - it's meant to be fun! people forget that in their rush for the hardcore, but the game, any game, is supposed to be fun. adding mechanics to a game that add realism at the expense of fun is perverse in the extreme.

you can't pop health packs and potions as you run, instantly gaining health - you have to stop and eat, and it's almost impossible to keep enough food on your person to recover fully from very low health, so there's balance here. it's not totally hardcore, but it's already making things fairly difficult.

i think the game is "hard" enough. it's not meant, i hope, to be a total simulation.

the meat of the game is running around a large space, with realistic-ish weapons, being chased by zombies and trying to avoid conflicts with other survivors. it's not about balancing your diet and micro-managing health - at least, that's not something that i'd find fun!

You are obviously new here

Read rockets quote, according to him this is an anti game.

Please find whats wrong with my idea, because I am not seeing it and you are not exposing it.

And by the way, game developers that include community feed back are saints to the gaming industry, so stop being a dumbass and saying player ideas are trash.

HORRIBLE idea

why not worry about annoying stuff such as retarded spawn points, fences everywhere and the fact what you cant go through doors sideways because they are so narrow

HORRIBLE idea

why not worry about annoying stuff such as retarded spawn points, fences everywhere and the fact what you cant go through doors sideways because they are so narrow

Says the guy who started the players should have to take a shit in game thread a couple of days ago.

The medical system is already being reworked so anyone expecting it to be the same in standalone are going to be disappointed.

Epic.

Ah yes another wonderful idea from us the gaming community!

/sarcasm

And your other quote:

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."

Benjamin Franklin

Coincidence?

Epic.

And your other quote:

Coincidence?

Ah fuck you found me out! I am Ben Franklin!

(edit)

Also the only absolute is there are no absolutes.

I don't mean a player can't have good ideas/editions to add to a game. What I am saying in my own foolish and stubborn way is player (not gamers, but people playing the game) generally make dumb suggestions. Game designers who design games around the suggestions of their player base fucking make shit games.

Thank The Giant Robot in the Sky! Rocket knows what he wants to accomplish with DayZ. He will do what he feels is best for DayZ and our opinion isn't gonna change that.

Again as for this idea I think it sucks!

Strap that to your kite and fly it!

Ben Franklin

Edited by Pendragon

Isn't it ironic don't cha' think? It's like a free ride, when your already there!

And for the record ol' Ben was good at doing all of those things, he was a diplomat, I am a guy who knows I am a fool. No where do I say I am as wise as old Ben.

So lets use every cookie cutter mechanic we can think of and use Immersion as an excuse to recommend it! Also if you people would take the time to read 1 question thread, maybe you would see the direction Rocket is going and quit suggesting shit. As I said the PLAYER has no place in game design, your job it to play or don't.

I didn't realize that there wasnt a suggestion sub-forum, you know, for players to suggest things.And as of yet I haven't seen any post of yours saying why this is such a terrible idea, just you bashing it and being a cocky, wait for it... twat.

This suggestion hurts the solo player, and does nothing to improve game play.

The only thing it hurts is players not being able to gobble up a bunch of steaks while in the midst of a gunfight and return to full health. players would still get their blood just over an extended period of time, other games do this because it works, copying a few core game mechanics isn't bad.

Edited by That Guy

Whats dumb about my suggestion?

The suggestion is not stupid, the forums have gone full retard (it is the internet so expect dicks around every corner, but people will take offense to the dumbest things on this forum).

It does belong in the suggestion section, but no one reads that section anyways so I will not fault you too much for not giving it a look before posting here. The only problem I have with this thread is it displays how many people refuse to read what the developers have already stated about the standalone in numerous places, they have discussed changing the injury system since they announced the stand alone so the suggestion has already been noted and acted upon.

Angel I will explain what I am saying to you, because I do have respect for you. (we may not always agree but who does?)

When I say Players I do not mean Gamers. And when I said Game Design I should of said Online game design. This is my bad!

If the developers listen to the player base, what you end up with is a shit game. (A lot of players doesn't mean it's good) I think history will back me up here. Every online game that listened to the player base becomes easy, boring, or just stupid. The only voice that should matter is the people making the game. For better or worse, it is those people I want designing my games. Yes it is for the player but should never be designed by the player's standards. We'll end up with the same shit that's been spewing out of the gaming industry for 10 some years now. This is all just my opinion of course and whether you disagree or not is fine. We are here on a forum and whether right or wrong, I am here for the same reason as most of us are.

I have nothing against suggesting game mechanics, I never go in that section on the forums because I don't pretend to know what DayZ needs. Have players made good suggestions yes, history shows that.

But game design shouldn't be a popular vote, because we as players are a stupid mass of arrogance. if the guys making the game see something they like, it matters little what I think. I understand this! Most don't however and they blabber on about it! This suggestion hurts the solo player, and does nothing to improve game play. This is just my opinion and most will argue until they are blue in the face.

But those making suggestions have a place to make them. If someone makes it in General Discussions instead of the proper forum, I highly doubt they are smart enough to make a good one anyway.

You know in one post...you know have my respect. I completely agree with the whole games were -dumbed down- in the last ten years. Hell I made a similar statement in one of the hot fix forums. Beans to you sir.

Thanks Gavalin unlike most here, I remember when games actually challenged the people \who played them and used clever mechanics to achieve it. I worry about the future of gaming some days. Thank the Robot in the Sky their are the indie guys!

Zombie Jesus, I did read the OP... did you? (read my response to Son54 for my reasoning to keep trol errr arguing why this idea is dumb) And come on you been here long enough to know I am a dick... asshole!

That Guy, you are obviously oblivious to what the industry used to do. I'd go so far as to say, since you are unable to even notice that there was a place for suggestions on the forums, Your the cocky lil' twat... with an added, you can't see past the nose on your face boy!

Just because something works and other games do it, must mean it is the best option here, riiight? I say bullshit! It is a cheap mechanic to force players to obey the standard rule of we control you. And since I will readily admit I am a terrible debater also see my response below.

Son54 said "Whats dumb about my suggestion?" Okay I thought it was clear but here we go! I already stated it hurts a solo player and here is why. Blood bags! Say you just successfully staved off an attack but took 8000 blood damage, it takes 10 steaks to recover the 8k blood. 10 steaks x 10 minutes each to recover = 1 hour 40 minutes of down time. Now lets say the same applies for a group of 2 with blood bags. Solo player punished and put at a steep disadvantage. Now even though it isn't mentioned, lets say you can stack the effect, 8k blood in 10 minutes atill equals a 10 minute wait. Group of 2 can be back in a mater of what 30 seconds? Still punishing the solo player. Now in a PvE situation (laughable I know) the solo player is again punished severely.

"Well you're playing solo you should be at a disadvantage vs. a group or in lolPvE" And I agree, but you already are! They have at a minimum a better chance of survival, more supplies, and another/better option of healing. The solo player should not be thrown under the bus in a sand box game. This is where (ah fuck i hate myself for saying this) balance is more important the immersion or realism.

All your "idea" was is to install a time sink. IMHO this is a fucking shit mechanic, used by the uncreative to limit a play style or reward. So yeah I said it sucked, and I still say it sucks!

This will be the last time I'll respond to this thread, I've said, trolled and tried to explain myself clearer here to many times already. It's time I walk away. I stand by what I am saying. Players (en mass and in general) of a game shouldn't effect the design of the game. Game designers who follow this standardized model create shit games that are easy and unimaginative, This suggested idea is shit, even though we know Rocket already has a new med system in play. This "thread" was futile and in the end it is just a clash of egos.

As someone I admire errr i mean I am once said, "All human situations have their inconveniences. We feel those of the present but neither see nor feel those of the future; hence we often make troublesome changes without amendment, and frequently for the worse." Ben Franklin.

• Like 1

i hope the damage model will be completely revamped anyway, if you are sick of cold weather, why should it make your bone break easier once you reach below 10k blood?

i hope they will be making a damage model where you can actually CURE stuff, not just take painkiller until you're a junky

as to the idea of the OP: nice idea, agreed and beans for you

Pendragon, you have been the stupid troll this thread the whole time believing we could somehow read your mind. All you said that it was a shit idea, and done.

Blood bags require you to make hospital runs into cities that can get you killed very fast.

8k blood damage is nearing the point of death, and then you are angry that it would only take 1 hour and 40 minutes to regen. That sounds more than reasonable for somebody who chooses to avoid all contact.

Too autistic to ask somebody nicely to blood bag you, too bad.

no the health system is fine as it is now compared to the changes you suggest.

what i suggest is that health automaticly regens to the point where you stop fainting and have to watch that retarded hourglass which sometimes lasts for 2 minutes.

Pendragon, we are all dicks man, it is a forum filled with guys that is how the world works. I think you might have taken what I said wrong because I have been making a concerted effort to not be a dick on the forums (I fail all the time). The suggestion is not really stupid, but it is also months late because they have already discussed changing how the medical system works and this same suggestion has been made many times. Some suggestions have merit, but you have to sift through the piles of shit to find the few that are not completely stupid. The game is going to change and it will most likely favor more player interaction and due to my deep paranoia of all dayz players I meet randomly in game it will be hard to adjust to. Even if I disagree with the suggestion, it still might merit some serious discussion (but if you have ever seen how big of a dick I can be about people proposing only allowing first person you would know I am a flaming hypocrite). I mostly play with IRL friends and used to have a group I met on the forums, but slowly they have tapered off their gameplay which has made me lone wolf it far more often.

Reading over your comment I tend to agree that being alone is already a natural disadvantage and I also agree that developers should follow a vision and not grant the same cookie cutter games that people think they want, that is why Dayz is so intense in the first place. If you would have asked me if I would love a game where you spend hours gearing up only to get sniped and lose it all in a second I would have said that sounds pointless. I am hoping that there will be balance (it is hard to say that word) in the new system as well. Fuck, I sound like a politician trying to play both sides of the fence, but I have always thought that any mechanic that makes healing absurdly hard or time consuming will not really add anything of value. Maybe a couple minute delay for regeneration, but anyone suggesting more has really not thought through the implications of how annoying that would be for some forced feeling of realism.

The full retard comment is from someone else's signature, but also from Tropic Thunder and on certain days it fills appropriate. Was not aimed at anyone in particular.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

I just hate when someone try's to give me a blood transfusion with the wrong blood type why make my character suffer in the internet when I'm B positive

A day in the life of a moron:

>Criticize a good suggestion

>Get destroyed by reasoning

>Cry

I'll be sure to thank you if we get it to work :)

Nuts to thanks, if you get it to work give me your server IP.