Magotchi

Automatically Ban Users of Invalid (Hacked) Items

Thank you Mister_Magotchi for this script.

I had the pleasure to receive this script a few days ago, when I contacted Mister_Magotchi about DayZ servers administration and the cumbersome process of manually searching in the logs.

This script works SO well.

So far (due to my limited knowledge of PHP, but Mister_Magotchi probably hinted me to the solution) I "just" used the script to post-process the logs that I rotate twice a day.

In just 2 ou 3 weeks of logs, it found between 350 and 400 players using unlegit weapons and equipment.

Mainly AS50 TWS and UZI SD, plus G36 variants, LRR, KSVK etc.

But also stupid things (I mean, not giving an hedge) like Revolver Gold, AK Gold, Radio, funky colored smokes...

So I removed some of those bans.

I will soon do it via the configuration of the scripts.

Well, it's up to you to use it.

I personnaly do.

I love it, it saves me LOTS of time.

Thanks Mister_Magotchi !!

• Like 1

It's of course up to each admin what they include or not in their whitelist. The default in the script just has every item that's actually valid.

I hadn't heard about that. I do know about http://dayzmod.com/f...hacked-weapons/ , though. Hopefully any new solution would use a whitelist where possible rather than a blacklist.

Its still in alpha but you can try to get into. Gotcha-antihack

I believe so. I have it the program and it shows that it does

1. http://dayzmod.com/f...rm/#entry752302

"...so I think banning someone for it is not the right thing to do at the moment;..."

That's a far cry from a rule.

2. http://dayzmod.com/f...rs/#entry446536

Rocket is saying players won't be globally banned for having hacked items.

Edited by Mister_Magotchi

And yet there are "team" members in this thread saying this is a GOOD idea.

Give it up, it's cheating plain and simple, and anyone with a brain in their head would know that and not allow people to do it, regardless of what Rocket says.

Thank you for your good work sir. Instead of manually scanning the files I can finally set it to auto-scan at a nice interval. Take my beans!

One cosmetic issue, PHP is yelling in console about the date function:

"Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone."

Would it be easy to make this go away?

Edited by Gand
  • Like 1

Yeah. You make it go away by following the instructions in the error message: "You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting..." That's in your php.ini .

If you'd like, I can try to help you out with it some time. Going to bed now, though. If you give more specifics, though, I might have an idea before then.

Yeah. You make it go away by following the instructions in the error message: "You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting..." That's in your php.ini .

Got it thanks, the default install does not have this setting defined in php.ini

No hack program = No ban

A lot of people have the AS 50 TWS from the 1.5 version, after they were removed the spawn, so dont cry please.

No hack program = No ban

A lot of people have the AS 50 TWS from the 1.5 version, after they were removed the spawn, so dont cry please.

Don't care, weapon doesn't spawn in game. So legit players cant get it, so anyone with one either has to get rid of it or get banned.

Got it thanks, the default install does not have this setting defined in php.ini

Yeah. The setting is specific to the timezone of the server it's running on, so there's no reasonable default.

I believe so. I have it the program and it shows that it does

FYI, I found out that Gotcha actually detects players with hacked weapons in virtually the same way that Venthos' publicvariableval.txt method does. The difference is that Gotcha tells you make all publicvariable entries log to the server console (and therefore to RCon/Gotcha), and then Gotcha handles it from there, while with the publicvariableval.txt method, BattlEye can just directly kick for the hacked weapons.

How quickly does one get kicked for having such a weapon? Does it kick immediately or do they have time to drop the weapon or is it a vicious cycle or join, kick, ban, join, kick ban because they cant drop the weapon?

My script (the one in the OP of this thread) automatically adds anyone to the ban list that joins the server with a hacked item.

Venthos' publicvariableval.txt method kicks someone as soon as the server makes a save of their equipment to the hive (if they have a hacked item).

If you want warnings, Gotcha might be more up your alley.

Sure i made my own bypass in 2 day...2 DAYS. When i tried to fight with punkbuster it takes few days more. So plz...if u never use C+ or try to make somthing....Just shut up.

While I reserve the right to call BS, it wouldn't make sense to lie about such a claim so I'm assuming you're telling the truth. For now atleast. ;) When did you do this, as in what version of BE did you do it with? Also, did you report it to BE?

Quick question: Does this script kick if I have a Radio in my inventory??

What about this example:

my squad mate and I found a UAZ full of gear near some tents. We drove off as soon as possible. In a safer location we checked it's contents. We found some RGO grenades, a radio, a silenced PDW and soldier clothing. I took all these and put them on the ground (no dead players or zombies near us, so I couldn't put the hacked gear on them and hide the body). Is it possible I get banned for my action?

Edited by VidKo

What about this example:

my squad mate and I found a UAZ full of gear near some tents. We drove off as soon as possible. In a safer location we checked it's contents. We found some RGO grenades, a radio, a silenced PDW and soldier clothing. I took all these and put them on the ground (no dead players or zombies near us, so I couldn't put the hacked gear on them and hide the body). Is it possible I get banned for my action?

You done a good thing, they shouldn't ban you for that. I think this only applies to a minority of servers.

Quick question: Does this script kick if I have a Radio in my inventory??

It's up to each admin, as they can edit the whitelist, but by default, yes, as ItemRadio is not in the game and is therefore an invalid/hacked item.

VidKo: My script only bans people if they enter a server with hacked gear. It doesn't do anything about people acquiring it while in-game. Venthos' publicvariableval.txt method does kick for that, though.

I'm a rather new player and after reading this thread it leaves me a bit worried. How am I suppose to know if a item is hacked from reading I guess certain weapons aren't actually in the mod but what of hacked items that are? Would it kick and ban players for picking up a can of beans that was hacked in and dropped? If so won't hackers just start spamming all types of items and leaving them on the ground with the intent of getting people banned? In-fact I am a bit worried that this may have already happened to me on a server, eariler today I found what seemed to be someone trying to exploit with barded wire putting it inside a building blocking passing, however there was a ladder and a top entrance which also had barbed wire at the bottom but I managed to climb up. Inside there was loot and I took some. I didn't get a weapon out of it but did find quite a bit of food, ammo, a map, and other supplies. I soon left the game.

I got on later and joined another server and was quickly kicked. I don't know if it was by your script or not and likely have no way to tell and I cannot think of any reason as I was alone and just scavanging. I fully support your efforts in stopping cheaters but think you should also try to avoid getting innocent well meaning players from being effected. Is there any chance you could remove the banning feature and simply have it kick, but before kicking explain why the player is for a brief moment and what item exactly is doing it? This way someone like myself who is a total noob to the game can unload the offending items and happily play on the servers that choose to use your scipt.