Sign in to follow this  
treshold82

Hacker teleporting vehicles + people, not showing on logs

Just experienced first time hacker attack when hacker teleported vehicles and people outside of the map and killed people. Hacker got insta-banned from our server BUT there is no evidence on logs (remotexec / createvehicle)

and nobody could react so fast to take screenshot or record a video - SO we have only weird log in coordinates and immediate death messages of players.. and few vehicles position coordinates changing radically...

so nothing hard evidence so least dude is banned from our server but there is no way to get global ban since it's basically word against word? :/

have you checked the setpos.log? publicvariable.log?

• Like 2

Setpos.log is knows for "logging" teleports, i use it to find the TP'ing bastards.

It does not catch all, as the guy above wrote, but it will catch ALOT.

I even heard some guys talking about the maphack, saying dont use it, coz it will show up in setpos.log

have you checked the setpos.log? publicvariable.log?

Oh interesting -Thanks for the tip! Gotta scroll through :)

I even heard some guys talking about the maphack, saying dont use it, coz it will show up in setpos.log

Unfortunately there's no way for a server admin to have log proof of somebody using a maphack. Maphacks strictly are a "read only" mechanism for the local client's data. They never write anything to memory, and thus could never trip anything off server-side like a setpos. We have to rely upon BattlEye to detect the maphack processes client side and issue global bans accordingly.

As i said in an earlier post, setpos.log will most of the time not show people teleporting but people teleporting vehicles to them (vehicle magnet or single vehicle teleport). If your log contains more than one line with the same PlayerName, it's probably him teleporting all server vehicles.

I tested this more than one time with a decoy bike saved in a random spot so nobody can find it :) ... whenever log entries showed up i went and checked for the bike, obviously it was gone;)

Has anyone tried setting setpos to Kick not just log ? .. i tried it and it does not seem to kick no matter what, kicking on setpos would more or less eliminate vehicle magets for now.

The "smarter" skiddies use a battleye bypass so you will see nothing in the logs anyway.

A client side BattlEye bypass has nothing to do with Server-side event-logging/ blocking.

Has anyone tried setting setpos to Kick not just log ? .. i tried it and it does not seem to kick no matter what, kicking on setpos would more or less eliminate vehicle magets for now.

I tried this as well to no avail. It seems setdamage.txt and setpos.txt are informational only and do not have kick capabilities built into BattlEye for them :(

I know this is an old topic but, out of curiosity what am I looking for to see if people teleported things?

I know this is an old topic but, out of curiosity what am I looking for to see if people teleported things?

you will see their name and the person/vehicle that they teleported to/teleported to them